Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 345081 times)

Offline pedro111

• General Member
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #17500 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 10:35:23 AM »
Shouldn't all roads in and out of Leicester have a manned checkpoint? Otherwise what is the point?

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #17501 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 10:38:05 AM »
A hard border would be somewhat ironic :lol:

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #17502 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 10:40:47 AM »
They're asking people to stay at home like they asked everyone in the country to stay at home. It's not really any different, except it's local.

Offline Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #17503 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 11:02:25 AM »
The truth points to itself

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #17504 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 11:24:12 AM »
What happens with Leicester's home games now they are under 'lockdown'?
Masters said today waiting to hear from whomevers in charge of this but postponement or moving it to a netural venue is possible

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #17505 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 11:28:11 AM »
They're asking people to stay at home like they asked everyone in the country to stay at home. It's not really any different, except it's local.
But pubs open next week and non essential shops open now. It's hardly a clear message.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #17506 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 11:31:16 AM »

I hate the man, I hate the Tories, but I can't see anything wrong with this approach. It was always going to be a case of opening up slowly then relying on local lockdowns, so what's different?

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #17507 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 11:33:40 AM »

I hate the man, I hate the Tories, but I can't see anything wrong with this approach. It was always going to be a case of opening up slowly then relying on local lockdowns, so what's different?

He's an amateur.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #17508 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 11:35:03 AM »
Yeah, he can get to f***, probably my least "favourite" MP somehow, but the approach is correct imo.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #17509 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 12:11:05 PM »
But pubs open next week and non essential shops open now. It's hardly a clear message.

Not in Leicester, they're closing shops and not opening pubs.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #17510 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 12:13:38 PM »

Yeah I meant they're not really asking people to stay at home anymore in the rest of the country. Get your hair cut, grab a beer then go shopping but be alert.
Bearings Straight!

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #17511 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 12:15:51 PM »

Yeah I meant they're not really asking people to stay at home anymore in the rest of the country. Get your hair cut, grab a beer then go shopping but be alert.

Oh I know, I meant what they're asking Leicester now is what we were all doing until recently. It doesn't necessarily require a hard border (!) or the army on the streets.

Of course it sucks to be in Leicester, and the national measures might be wrong. But that's another argument.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #17512 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 12:16:41 PM »

Oh I know, I meant what they're asking Leicester now is what we were all doing until recently. It doesn't necessarily require a hard border (!) or the army on the streets.

Of course it sucks to be in Leicester, and the national measures might be wrong. But that's another argument.
Ah got ya :thup:
Bearings Straight!

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #17513 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 12:17:23 PM »
Exactly, it doesn't need to be a hard border they just need to see improvement in the area in general.

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #17514 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 12:20:31 PM »
Seen a report earlier suggesting Birmingham could be the next local lockdown but that seems to have been deleted.

How does going to work in Leicester work then? If the employer says it's safe u go or u go on the sick

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #17515 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 12:21:19 PM »

Still gonna fine parents that don't send their kid back though yeah?

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #17516 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 02:40:54 PM »

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #17517 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 02:51:03 PM »
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #17518 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 03:05:28 PM »
Now is not the time to discuss whether or not we're fiddling the figures.

Build means build.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #17519 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 03:20:32 PM »
Easyjet closing NCL base.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #17520 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 04:08:48 PM »
Easyjet closing NCL base.

And down here in Southend.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #17521 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 04:10:10 PM »
We have more patients with Covid than we've had for a while, yet we have zero patients in ICU.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #17522 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 04:14:34 PM »

They had a "Local business owner" on BBC this morning from Leicester. The delusion was astounding.

First she was saying they shouldn't have a local lockdown because it wasn't that bad. Then it was because she was sure other cites numbers were just as bad. Then the presenter stepped in and told her the figures for Leicester were 3x higher than the next worst hit city over the past week and a bit. So then the lass changed her mind and decided the whole country should be fully locked down again and it was wrong to single out Leicester.

Pretty sure she tried to use a "won't somebody think of the mental health" defence at one point too because weddings are starting up now and people need their hair done.

Was fully expecting her to dig herself so far into the hole she'd just flat out say "I just think it shouldn't affect me"

:lol:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #17523 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 04:16:13 PM »
We have more patients with Covid than we've had for a while, yet we have zero patients in ICU.

Any reason given, younger patients?  The outbreak in Lisbon is because lots of young people have been going to parties etc but not many deaths.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #17524 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 04:22:52 PM »

Any reason given, younger patients?  The outbreak in Lisbon is because lots of young people have been going to parties etc but not many deaths.

Not sure myself but that scenario seems very feasible. I've not found out the ages of any of the new patients with Covid in here, I'll go full Colombo tomorrow  :lol: