Author Topic: COVID-19 - Boris Johnson in Intensive Care  (Read 140516 times)

Din, Onemorefix, Elliottman, Wilson, SteDE, Paully, Doc, loki679 (+ 3 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
Re: COVID-19 - UK on Lockdown
« Reply #7550 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:15:20 AM »
I get the odd moment where I just stop to think how f***ing weird this all is, and how bad it could get.

The GF decided now was a good time to foster a puppy. It’s exactly the opposite of toilet trained, refuses to p*ss or s*** outside then as soon as we get inside it finds the least convenient place to let fly. Usually the others dogs’ bed. Our regular dogs hate us now, I think. :lol:

Tbh it’s been a welcome distraction. I was in terrible form on Tuesday and Wednesday but feeling much better now, think the distraction has been good.

:aww:

I think it's all about keeping busy.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #7551 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:15:51 AM »
Can't sleep. Properly panicking. f***s sake. [emoji38]

I've been through the panic phase and think I've come out the other side tbh - my coping mechanism has been to try and understand, so I've been inhaling information over the last couple of weeks and have concluded that although everything is going to be undeniably shitty for a while the vast majority of us will come out of the other side, hopefully a bit sooner than many are assuming.

Online chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #7552 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:17:26 AM »
I think I'm thinking more about my job than my health
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #7553 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:19:09 AM »

I've been through the panic phase and think I've come out the other side tbh - my coping mechanism has been to try and understand, so I've been inhaling information over the last couple of weeks and have concluded that although everything is going to be undeniably shitty for a while the vast majority of us will come out of the other side, hopefully a bit sooner than many are assuming.
It's here, man. I was a person away. It's not a concept. It's f***ing here.

[emoji38] I'm a mess.

Offline Ash

• General Member
  • 27/08/16 - Immortality
« Reply #7554 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:20:56 AM »
Slowly starting to sink in how this will change the world as we know it once it's all done, certainly in the sporting industry. I've been made redundant and all my self-employed stuff has dried up too with little chance of it picking back up on the other side.
Quote from: Hatem Ben Arfa
I have already played in Milan, Madrid and Barcelona but it is here that I feel right on the pitch. And also it is here that the players are respected.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #7555 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:25:08 AM »
Slowly starting to sink in how this will change the world as we know it once it's all done, certainly in the sporting industry. I've been made redundant and all my self-employed stuff has dried up too with little chance of it picking back up on the other side.

Can you not be furloughed?
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #7556 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:25:39 AM »
Local authorities in England have been asked to house all rough sleepers - and those in hostels and night shelters - by the weekend.

The unprecedented move comes as the government aims to slow the spread of the coronavirus. 

It's f***ing pathetic that it takes a global pandemic for housing the homeless not to be the bare minimum aim of any civilised society.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #7557 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:29:12 AM »
I'm feeling OK today. Never thought I'd be buzzing to come down on a morning and cuddle a cat but usually I'm rushing out the door to work and don't have time (or don't want to go to work covered in cat hairs) so I'm embracing it. I love having a daily check-in with my family in our WhatsApp group. Trying to see the good things and be grateful for them. Like every other day, I just have to survive today then tomorrow is something else.

Offline Ash

• General Member
  • 27/08/16 - Immortality
« Reply #7558 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:29:55 AM »

Can you not be furloughed?

Potentially but it will depend on what the guidlines state when they're finally released. Even if that can be achieved, the company will not be able to work in the same way once this is all over and I'll be out of a job regardless.
Quote from: Hatem Ben Arfa
I have already played in Milan, Madrid and Barcelona but it is here that I feel right on the pitch. And also it is here that the players are respected.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #7559 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:53:51 AM »
You should certainly be able to be furloughed, at least to keep you ticking over. It's no burden on the employer, it's just being used as a mechanism through which the government can get money to people. Some people have been going back to ex-employers and getting furloughed.

Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7560 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:54:10 AM »
I'm doing better than I thought. Busy with work, and lurking around here. My runs are helping. Got loads of PS4 games to play, loads of Netflix to watch. Watching/reading the news but not 24/7.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #7561 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:54:51 AM »

It's here, man. I was a person away. It's not a concept. It's f***ing here.

[emoji38] I'm a mess.

Don't want to sound like a cliche, but you're got to try focus on the things you can control - be as safe as possible, follow all the guidelines, and even if the worst happens and you get it the odds are still massively in your favour.

Just Chow the f*** out of everything else

:lol:

My main worry was financial after my income basically disappeared overnight, a lot of plans now up in smoke but there's precisely f*** all I can do about that until this is over - I've got a roof over my head and enough money for food so just have to be grateful for that.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #7562 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:31:59 AM »
The daily UK figures released aren't going to be very accurate, and will be under-reported:

"While NHS England reported 107 new deaths across 30 trusts yesterday, some deaths reportedly occurred as early as 16 March. The youngest of the new patients was 32 years old and had an underlying health condition.

The figures emerged amid continuing confusion over the number of virus-related deaths as NHS England changed how the data is reported and it emerged that people dying at home of suspected cases are not included."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/west-midlands-emerges-as-a-hotspot-for-coronavirus-deaths

So here's just 2 cases that won't be counted despite almost certainly being caused by Covid-19:

"However, some prominent cases do not appear to be reflected in the figures, such as that of Kayla Williams, a 36-year-old mother from Peckham, who died just before paramedics arrived and was recorded by them as a possible Covid-19 case.

Chloe Middleton, the 21-year-old from Buckinghamshire whose family said on Wednesday she died after contracting coronavirus, also does not appear to be recorded in the figures."

You can't count "possible" causes.

And as much as Rudy does come across a bit of a w*****, it is fact that in the UK, average deaths per week is still down on the average over the last 5 years. That surely does add perspective?

By that logic, if you don't test people then you keep the numbers down. Which is the case.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Online chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #7563 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:07:17 AM »
You should certainly be able to be furloughed, at least to keep you ticking over. It's no burden on the employer, it's just being used as a mechanism through which the government can get money to people. Some people have been going back to ex-employers and getting furloughed.

Furloughed is bad for my company because if an apprentice is furloughed he is immediately taken off program and our funding stops, if we keep them on program and continue with distance learning so long as we can prove their study's continue we are ok, we need this to end within the next couple of months.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #7564 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:07:23 AM »
Local authorities in England have been asked to house all rough sleepers - and those in hostels and night shelters - by the weekend.

The unprecedented move comes as the government aims to slow the spread of the coronavirus. 

It's f***ing pathetic that it takes a global pandemic for housing the homeless not to be the bare minimum aim of any civilised society.

It’s not the homeless. It’s the rough sleepers they are aiming to get off the streets. Sounds pedantic and I know what you are saying but there is a difference. It’s quite frustrating when we have people claiming they are homeless and we find them a property and they refuse it. Will be interesting to see how they tackle rough sleepers.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #7565 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:15:38 AM »
BOZZA HAS IT

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7566 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:17:30 AM »
Whoa and that.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #7567 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:17:57 AM »
:mackems:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #7568 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:18:44 AM »
I reckon he's lying and pulling a sicky. Just going to sit and home and play Command and Conquer all day.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #7569 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:19:07 AM »
I reckon he's lying and pulling a sicky. Just going to sit and home and play Command and Conquer all day.

:lol:

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #7570 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:20:28 AM »
Just remember that Raab is his stand in.

Offline mouldy_uk

• General Member
  • Forever NUFC
« Reply #7571 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:20:36 AM »
BOZZA HAS IT

At least we won't be able to tell any difference in his mental capability

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #7572 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:20:46 AM »
Blimey
Bearings Straight!

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7573 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:21:56 AM »
Convenient.

Wonder how many people he’s given it too.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #7574 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:22:28 AM »
BBC, please renew The Thick of It when this is all over.