Author Topic: COVID-19 - World on Lockdown  (Read 126971 times)

Colo's Short and Curlies, LFEE, Doc, xLiaaamx, Matt, ste_ne24, Rob, The Prophet, Stu03 (+ 4 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline midds

• Administrator
Re: COVID-19 - UK on Lockdown
« Reply #7475 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 08:54:01 PM »
There was a little old lady sitting on her doorstep with a big boom box beside her blasting wartime anthems before  :lol: It's an interesting world out there, gentlemen

They killed Radio Raheem for the same s***.

Need to watch that again soon.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #7476 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 08:54:12 PM »
Stupid question, but does anyone else get the feeling that this is way, way, way f***ing worse than we can imagine. Like, extinction bad. Or am I losing it?

No, it’s not there, ultimately even if millions die that still leaves billions of us. We’ll mourn, then get back to it. One big question is going to be - what will “it” look like.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7477 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 08:55:25 PM »
Stupid question, but does anyone else get the feeling that this is way, way, way f***ing worse than we can imagine. Like, extinction bad. Or am I losing it?

No, it’s not there, ultimately even if millions die that still leaves billions of us. We’ll mourn, then get back to it. One big question is going to be - what will “it” look like.

I hope it make make people realise that they might need to start looking after the world etc a little better.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #7478 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 08:57:31 PM »
:anguish: Were Labour voters who do care about the NHS and other people in general allowed to participate in this small gesture of appreciation that may hopefully raise the spirits of NHS staff?

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #7479 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 08:58:58 PM »

I hope it make make people realise that they might need to start looking after the world etc a little better.

:yao: :yao: :yao:

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #7480 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 08:59:37 PM »

:yao: The austerity measures implemented to pay for this over the next decade will make people give even less of a f*** about the planet, and each other for that matter.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7481 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:01:34 PM »
:anguish: Were Labour voters who do care about the NHS and other people in general allowed to participate in this small gesture of appreciation that may hopefully raise the spirits of NHS staff?

Wouldn’t worry they’ll have been at home counting their huge fat cat pensions.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #7482 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:02:31 PM »
I was clapping for Liam Sweeney and John Alder tbf. Not letting that one go.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Neil

• General Member
  • The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #7483 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:04:02 PM »
Think anything that brings people together in the current environment can only be a good thing, especially given a lot of people are scared and anxious for what might happen, let alone those more vulnerable folk who currently are getting minimal social contact.

The sight however of Tories clapping for the NHS is absolutely f***ing revolting. :thup:
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #7484 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:05:16 PM »
I was clapping for Liam Sweeney and John Alder tbf. Not letting that one go.
;D
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #7485 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:05:34 PM »
So that we can all be together in the midst of all this we've moved half the contents of my house over to my girlfriend's place to be with her daughter and cat.

So I seem to live in Lemington now.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7486 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:07:00 PM »
So that we can all be together in the midst of all this we've moved half the contents of my house over to my girlfriend's place to be with her daughter and cat.

So I seem to live in Lemington now.

Half Scotchy Waller now
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #7487 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:09:49 PM »
 :lol: Oh, here we go.

Invalid Tweet ID?s=20
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #7488 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:10:49 PM »
Think anything that brings people together in the current environment can only be a good thing, especially given a lot of people are scared and anxious for what might happen, let alone those more vulnerable folk who currently are getting minimal social contact.

The sight however of Tories clapping for the NHS is absolutely f***ing revolting. :thup:

Actually seeing the reactions of some NHS staff is quite heart warming. It makes any future austerity decisions regarding the NHS more difficult

Oh and good to see you back.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #7489 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:11:51 PM »
Nowt says 'we love the NHS', more than a street decorated like a far right rally.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7490 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:12:51 PM »

Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Probably get petrol bombed if I whip my Euro2016 Turkey flag out.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7491 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:12:57 PM »

Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Guaranteed a racist who is also supporting an NHS where 25% of the workforce are none white/foreign. f***ing gammon.

*Made up number

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #7492 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:14:08 PM »
Nowt says 'we love the NHS', more than a street decorated like a far right rally.

Doesn't have to be St George crosses.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #7493 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:16:31 PM »

Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Can tell the bloke living there sings "VINDALOO VINDALOO VINDALOO NA NA..." whilst braying his lass.

Online Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #7494 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:17:50 PM »
Every time I read it, I think #ClapForCarers is an instruction to give a nurse Gonorrhea.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7495 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:18:39 PM »
And so it begins... :lol:

Already my FB is showing posts slagging those that didn’t come out and clap the NHS in the street of those that held mass NHS support parties, a few because they are dirty sticking nig nogs apparently.

Really, give me an AK 47!

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #7496 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:19:28 PM »

Actually seeing the reactions of some NHS staff is quite heart warming. It makes any future austerity decisions regarding the NHS more difficult

Oh and good to see you back.

Aye, Neil understood.  You can tell Neil got the clap.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Online Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #7497 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:22:27 PM »
f***s sake HTT, man :lol:
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #7498 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:24:12 PM »
:lol: Howay HTT, we've been here before, man.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #7499 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:24:55 PM »

Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

:lol: That picture looks like a f***ing Squires reference in real life.