Author Topic: COVID-19 - UK on Lockdown - Boris Johnson Tests Positive  (Read 110241 times)

Din, mickthemagpie, Bossman (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
Re: COVID-19 - UK on Lockdown
« Reply #7275 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:08:55 PM »
Just got off a call with everyone in my company and we're all being asked to take a 75% reduction in both pay and hours for the next 3 months. Mint.

Ahh man, you need to ensure they've taken legal advice about the government schemes available etc.

:lol: Sorry, that was meant to say 25% reduction. Down to 75%.

No where near as bad. But still s*** :lol:

In that case, selfish b****** whinging about things ;)
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #7276 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:09:52 PM »
This was sent to me by a friend.  Maybe Troll can check it out as far as validity.  I makes sense to this layman

The following is from an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University:

In our community chat, here, they sent this excellent summary to avoid contagion  .  I share it with you because it is very clear:
 * The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code.  (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
 * Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own.  The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
 * The virus is very fragile;  the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat.  That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).  By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
 * HEAT melts fat;  this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything.  In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
 * Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
 * Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
 * Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
 * NO BACTERICIDE SERVES.  The virus is not a living organism like bacteria;  they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.
 * NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth.  While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, be
cause it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates).  ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic).  But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
 * The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars.  They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness.  Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
 * UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein.  For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect.  Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
 * The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
 * Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
 * NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve.  The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
 * LISTERINE IF IT SERVES!  It is 65% alcohol.
 * The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be.  The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
 * This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc.  And when using the bathroom.
 * You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks.  The thicker the moisturizer, the better.  * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

That looks pretty accurate from what I've read/heard.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #7277 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:10:23 PM »
@Troll - OK you were correct about supermarkets :lol:

Just been to a fairly big Sainsbury's, got there for 11 and waited 10 minutes in a (socially distanced) queue.

Nice and quiet inside as it was 1 in 1 out, and I'd say shelves were 20% empty versus 70% empty a week ago.

I'd like this to be the new common practice please, that and the quiet streets made me feel like I was living in London without all the bullshit :lol:

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #7278 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:12:00 PM »
Just got off a call with everyone in my company and we're all being asked to take a 75% reduction in both pay and hours for the next 3 months. Mint.

Ahh man, you need to ensure they've taken legal advice about the government schemes available etc.

FOR ABSOLUTE f***'S SAKE, BRANKO

:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #7279 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:20:06 PM »
I got up at 5.40 this morning to go and buy toilet roll. Got the last tesco pack, there were about 15 packs of andrex left and then about 10 cheap packs. No pasta, no rice, limited soup, barely any beer. Plenty of bread and milk, yoghurts, cheese etc, and the fruit and veg looks a better selection than it ever has.

I'm hoping that the original hoarders have gone into complete lockdown now (although their teenage kids will still be out in gangs roaming the streets) and the supplies go back up again.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #7280 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:25:14 PM »

:lol: FFS
It is s***, like. Can you not be furloughed and get the 80% ?
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Shadow Puppets

• General Member
« Reply #7281 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:26:22 PM »

You can ONLY be furloughed if your job is not needed at all due to lack of work. You can’t just ask to be.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #7282 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:27:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that mate, that's s****.

f***s sake man, sorry.

edit: I am one third less sorry now.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7283 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:32:37 PM »

You can ONLY be furloughed if your job is not needed at all due to lack of work. You can’t just ask to be.

See this is where this rule is s*** as it's likely some companies are having reduced amount of work coming but not completely at all.  Although I do know some companies are keeping some people on while furloughing others.

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #7284 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:36:44 PM »

We still have work coming in, just obviously not as much. Some clients we'll see an increase in work from, other's we'll definitely see less. They're planning for a worst case scenario over the next 3 months of a drop off of around 35% in gross profit.

They're planning to remain open but reduce capacity. Then hopefully when demand starts to increase again return to 100%. By furloughing people we cut off our ability to bring money in during this period. By trying to match the furlough contribution and provide work and to maintain as much as a fully functioning business as possible, the worst case might not happen and we might be able to get back to 100% wages sooner. Or at least limit the damage to 3 months and ensure we can be back to full capacity when everything kicks off again.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #7285 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:42:22 PM »
Taken from Abovetopsecret (I Know but.....) also don't read if your not feeling to good mentally

I'm all stocked up in suburbia, Cape Town.

Meanwhile, mere kilometers away, lies the township of Khayelitsya. The people there live on top of each other in squalor and abrupt poverty, rife with drugs, human trafficking and what qualifies as shelter for them is basically sink plate structures, walls and all. There are communal toilet pits, water access etc. The hygiene is nothing short of horrific.

Our army has rolled out the tanks and anti riot vehicles en masse country wide.

The reason they have given are the standard fare law and order stuff, which it is, to some extent.

But what will happen in a month's time?

Our population is officially 20% hiv positive. That's 10 million people. With those living conditions as described above, it is fair to assume a lot of people have compromised immune systems.

These communities are known for vigilante justice where crowds will set a person on fire for many reasons.

What happens when the supplies run out in these areas?

Crime will spread concentrically.

Throw into this mix thousands of decomposing bodies.

The people will flee their confined spaces and chaos will spill over to my part of town. This will happen countrywide as all cities are surrounded by townships.

Our current president was one of those in charge of the marikana massacre where shoot to kill became the order of the day against a mass of people being told by shamans that they will be impervious to bullets. All armed with machetes etc.

So if that standard operating procedure still stands there will be authorized use of deadly force against the governments own voter base which they neglected to properly provide for for 26 years.

The alternative is to allow these masses to spread chaos to all corners of the country, ensuring South Africa's complete collapse into hell.

As we enter our winter season I fear for the worst.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #7286 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:56:52 PM »
For f***s sake :lol:
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #7287 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:02:39 PM »
Also taken from above top secret:

Our enemies will all attack when we (the USA) are most crippled by the virus

Think not? The U.S. could be totally destroyed at any moment. The virus is due to hit our military and the Pentagon much more when the outbreak spikes.

China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea all have an opportunity when the U.S. is weakened by the virus. The virus is the first wave of the attack. It had to have global casualties in order for the second wave to work just against the U.S.

You heard it here first.

They're a bunch of f***ing nutjobs on that site.  They'll be telling us it's the astral people from the tenth planet sent the virus to eliminate the lizard people next.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Pixelphish

• General Member
« Reply #7288 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:06:03 PM »
I absolutely love that website, man. It's like fan fiction but the fact the people writing it believe what they're saying gives it that edge.
Aye. Just felt I did it at the same time as you and you came out tops every time. Just in a bad mood now after Pixelhax.

Have to get this out now:

Pixel you're either hacking with the demo, or you're too f***ing good to constantly hammer us to the ground with it every time we play. Starts to take the p*ss a bit. I mean, I don't want you to not enjoy the game, but at the same time I'd quite like to enjoy playing it too.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #7289 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:24:24 PM »
This was sent to me by a friend.  Maybe Troll can check it out as far as validity.  I makes sense to this layman

The following is from an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University:

In our community chat, here, they sent this excellent summary to avoid contagion  .  I share it with you because it is very clear:
 * The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code.  (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
 * Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own.  The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
 * The virus is very fragile;  the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat.  That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).  By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
 * HEAT melts fat;  this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything.  In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
 * Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
 * Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
 * Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
 * NO BACTERICIDE SERVES.  The virus is not a living organism like bacteria;  they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.
 * NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth.  While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, be
cause it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates).  ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic).  But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
 * The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars.  They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness.  Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
 * UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein.  For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect.  Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
 * Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
 * NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve.  The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
 * The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be.  The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
 * This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc.  And when using the bathroom.
 * You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks.  The thicker the moisturizer, the better.  * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

Literally the first point is wrong.  I don’t think this came from a professor at JHU. 

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #7290 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:28:01 PM »
Also taken from above top secret:

Our enemies will all attack when we (the USA) are most crippled by the virus

Think not? The U.S. could be totally destroyed at any moment. The virus is due to hit our military and the Pentagon much more when the outbreak spikes.

China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea all have an opportunity when the U.S. is weakened by the virus. The virus is the first wave of the attack. It had to have global casualties in order for the second wave to work just against the U.S.

You heard it here first.

They're a bunch of f***ing nutjobs on that site.  They'll be telling us it's the astral people from the tenth planet sent the virus to eliminate the lizard people next.

Got a "friend" on facebook that's convinced this is a false flag. But he thinks that every country is in cahoots with each other to ensure we all get chipped vaccinations.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #7291 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:30:13 PM »

Literally the first point is wrong.  I don’t think this came from a professor at JHU. 

https://stylebeyondage.com/?p=6396

Seems a reliable source.

Some of the rest is right though, yeah?

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7292 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:31:49 PM »
Listening to tunes whilst working is mint like.

Offline Shadow Puppets

• General Member
« Reply #7293 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:34:27 PM »

See this is where this rule is s*** as it's likely some companies are having reduced amount of work coming but not completely at all.  Although I do know some companies are keeping some people on while furloughing others.

Which is understandable. My brothers company are still taking loads of orders, so the sales staff and shop floor are all still working (some from home, rest with social distancing in place). But they’ve furloughed the whole marketing department because there’s nothing for them to do.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #7294 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:34:36 PM »
Most of it is basic hygiene.  Don’t wash your hands with bleach though. 

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #7295 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:36:44 PM »
Most of it is basic hygiene.  Don’t wash your hands with bleach though. 

Oh f***

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #7296 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:39:52 PM »
I absolutely love that website, man. It's like fan fiction but the fact the people writing it believe what they're saying gives it that edge.

Enough about RTG.

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #7297 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:46:55 PM »

Seems a reliable source.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • pizzas ordered during social distancing: 36
« Reply #7298 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:50:38 PM »

Seems a reliable source.

What the hell are these photos :lol:

edit: death to america

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #7299 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:53:52 PM »

Seems a reliable source.

What the hell are these photos :lol:

edit: death to america