Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 274520 times)

healthyaddiction, Lush Vlad, Pokerprince2004, WGaz9, astraguy, Nobody, hakka, TBG, joeyt and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #14200 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 04:56:05 PM »
I actually find the obsequious defence of Cummings more offensive than his actual misdemeanour. They've obviously been told he's not going anywhere and to protect him at all costs or they won't have a job, absolutely f***ing disgusting that the AG has got involved mind.
Needless to say, the lazy, cowardly shithouse de Pfeffel is nowhere to be seen, but he doesn't really do weekends. Or crises for that matter.

They really are a the worst government imaginable.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14201 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:01:19 PM »
I actually find the obsequious defence of Cummings more offensive than his actual misdemeanour. They've obviously been told he's not going anywhere and to protect him at all costs or they won't have a job, absolutely f***ing disgusting that the AG has got involved mind.
Needless to say, the lazy, cowardly shithouse de Pfeffel is nowhere to be seen, but he doesn't really do weekends. Or crises for that matter.

They really are a the worst government imaginable.

Massively so.

He made an error, it happens even if he is a weird little f***er. Apologise and move on. Instead we’ve turned into Great Banana.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #14202 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:03:30 PM »
 :thup:

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14203 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:44:18 PM »
Insinuating people don’t care for their kids and/or are too stupid to show common sense and to break the rules if needed is absolutely wild too.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #14204 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:46:22 PM »
One thing I'd like to see is Starmer (and the LP) come up with a decent fightback to the "don't politicise" and "watch your tone" kind of angles the Tories are relentlessly pushing to get out of s***. Starmer f***ed it last week when given the chance imo but they need a unified response to this bullshit because the oxygen theives and boomers are falling for it left, right and centre.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14205 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:48:40 PM »
In others news. We’ve beaten those dirty Italians again, 1 world war and no world cups.

Online Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #14206 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:51:32 PM »
One thing I'd like to see Starmer (and the LP) come up with a decent fightback to the "don't politicise" and "watch your tone" kind of angles the Tories are relentlessly pushing to get out of s***. Starmer f***ed it last week when given the chance imo but they need a unified response to this bullshit because the oxygen theives and boomers are falling for it left, right and centre.

What did he say that f***ed it? Been fairly impressed by him so far.

The stuff I keep seeing is that the ‘MSM’ are too negative. FFS, the news has hardly been sunshine and rainbows in my lifetime. Plus there are a lot of negative stories and mistakes being made. So they’re going to be reported on.

Deep down, I think tory voters know they have no comeback to this s***. So they opt for the ‘stop being negative’, ‘don’t use this for political point scoring’ and ‘they are doing the best they can.’

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #14207 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:17:45 PM »
One thing I'd like to see Starmer (and the LP) come up with a decent fightback to the "don't politicise" and "watch your tone" kind of angles the Tories are relentlessly pushing to get out of s***. Starmer f***ed it last week when given the chance imo but they need a unified response to this bullshit because the oxygen theives and boomers are falling for it left, right and centre.

The stuff I keep seeing is that the ‘MSM’ are too negative. FFS, the news has hardly been sunshine and rainbows in my lifetime. Plus there are a lot of negative stories and mistakes being made. So they’re going to be reported on.

Deep down, I think tory voters know they have no comeback to this s***. So they opt for the ‘stop being negative’, ‘don’t use this for political point scoring’ and ‘they are doing the best they can.’

It's literally this:

:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #14208 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:25:57 PM »

f***ed it in the sense he let johnson away with it...johnson pulled him for being "negative" iirc and starmer stumbled a bit, got a word wrong, then kind of said "30k deaths is negative so i will keep asking questions or some such"

the opportunity was there to attack him and he didn't take it and that's my fear, labour playing the game atm

common sense you say PM?  was it common sense you arrogantly bragged about shaking hands with CV19 patients and then as a result increased the burden on the NHS and nearly died...is that the kind of common sense you're on about?
negative you say PM?  do you consider the highest death toll in europe a positive PM?

the open goals are there to be scored but we're passing the ball around the 6 yard box like a wenger team post henry

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #14209 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:31:35 PM »
I think if you're wanting Starmer to start raging at Johnson all guns blazing it's not going to happen, it's just not his style.

He's clearly working a longer term strategy though, might prove effective, maybe not, think we've just got to let it play out. Tony Blair talks about how in PMQ's it's the undecided voters and the potential swing votes you're actually playing for, not just the easy cheers from your own side, think that's more the way he's going.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #14210 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:32:12 PM »
Starmer performance has been very good so far IMO.

f***ing Cummings - arrogant c***. It's insane how the Tories on twitter are defending it - so embarrassing.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #14211 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:34:48 PM »
I think if you're wanting Starmer to start raging at Johnson all guns blazing it's not going to happen, it's just not his style.

He's clearly working a longer term strategy though, might prove effective, maybe not, think we've just got to let it play out. Tony Blair talks about how in PMQ's it's the undecided voters and the potential swing votes you're actually playing for, not just the easy cheers from your own side, think that's more the way he's going.

open goals are open goals though surely?  same accusation thrown at corbyn, if there's a chance to hit him with a hammer blow then f***ing take it...shouldn't change the overall strategy one bit

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14212 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:35:24 PM »
He’s going after ‘the media’ now. Obviously brought Brexit into it too. Wise move to make it full on culture war. It works and because he knows he has the full support of his party that this will get his support baying for revenge and ideally blood.

What a weird hate fuelled little country we’ve become.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #14213 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:37:56 PM »
The government must have known it was going to leak at some point. The Guardian have been asking about it since the start of April apparently

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #14214 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:45:56 PM »

open goals are open goals though surely?  same accusation thrown at corbyn, if there's a chance to hit him with a hammer blow then f***ing take it...shouldn't change the overall strategy one bit

I think Starmer has been wary of trying to look like he's simply scoring political points which will turn people off at these early stages. I've been impressed with him thus far, and I imagine he's studying everything connected to the Cummings case before he says anything.....as you would imagine a man of his legal training would do.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #14215 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:49:25 PM »

I think Starmer has been wary of trying to look like he's simply scoring political points which will turn people off at these early stages. I've been impressed with him thus far, and I imagine he's studying everything connected to the Cummings case before he says anything.....as you would imagine a man of his legal training would do.

we live in an age of populism, you've got people phoning up radio stations now defending cummings...people cummings would throw in a f***ing ditch in a heartbeat

the long game is great but not if you're the only one playing it (imo)

imo he's f***ing scared of the chelp, scared of them hitting with the "you're politicising it" s**** at the same time tory mps are politicising absolutely everything as HARD LEFT etc.

he'll lose with this s*** like, make no mistake about it

Sleep now in the fire

Online Lush Vlad

• General Member
« Reply #14216 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:53:30 PM »

It's literally this:

Great reference. Stolen it to annoy some eggs :lol:

Online Lush Vlad

• General Member
« Reply #14217 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 06:57:11 PM »

we live in an age of populism, you've got people phoning up radio stations now defending cummings...people cummings would throw in a f***ing ditch in a heartbeat

the long game is great but not if you're the only one playing it (imo)

imo he's f***ing scared of the chelp, scared of them hitting with the "you're politicising it" s**** at the same time tory mps are politicising absolutely everything as HARD LEFT etc.

he'll lose with this s*** like, make no mistake about it

Disagree. I think if he tries to go all guns blazing and gets accused more and more of this political point scoring. Then it is going to turn more people off.

Plenty of people have had enough of the shouty, slogan s**** that we’ve had to endure for god knows how long. He is never going to win over the staunch Brexit, right wing tory types who lap all that s**** up. So I’m glad he is going for a more measured approach to try and conquer the middle ground.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #14218 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 07:06:59 PM »
I'm still unnerved by the fact this has got the utterly vile Julia Hartley-Brewer worked up. Thought she'd just brush it off and blame Labour/the left, as per.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #14219 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 07:09:21 PM »
He’s going after ‘the media’ now. Obviously brought Brexit into it too. Wise move to make it full on culture war. It works and because he knows he has the full support of his party that this will get his support baying for revenge and ideally blood.

Stealing this. Bang on.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #14220 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 07:11:31 PM »

Stealing this. Bang on.

That's one of our traits too [emoji38]
Bearings Straight!

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14221 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 07:32:35 PM »
I'm still unnerved by the fact this has got the utterly vile Julia Hartley-Brewer worked up. Thought she'd just brush it off and blame Labour/the left, as per.

Reading her tweet its because unlike a hard Brexit or rampant austerity this directly affected her. Makes a hell of a difference.

Be hundreds of thousands, in the same boat, who’ve been unable to support friends and family at the utmost time of need too because they thought they were doing the right thing.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #14222 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 07:41:30 PM »
He went back two weeks later! :mackems:

Mirror/Guardian must have been sitting on that all day pissing themselves waiting to spring it.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14223 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
I do believe that is what they call Classic Dom.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #14224 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 07:44:03 PM »
He went back two weeks later! :mackems:

Mirror/Guardian must have been sitting on that all day pissing themselves waiting to spring it.

Also went somewhere that was 30 miles away from Durham.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims