Author Topic: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating  (Read 175040 times)

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
Re: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating
« Reply #3400 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 11:27:01 AM »
I can't see how a linesman would see that it's not offside

It'll have to be one for VAR you'd think

And the lower leagues without VAR?

Offline Colo's Short and Curlies

• AKA SP60sH
  • General Member
« Reply #3401 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 11:50:25 AM »

That's why VAR should be scrapped - consistent rules and application across all leagues
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #3402 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 12:50:08 PM »
Any part you can score with, isn't it?

Offline TheNE40

• General Member
« Reply #3403 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 09:29:18 AM »

Exactly, there'd be no consistency and more frustration. I personally don't see any need to change the current position massively to be honest

Offline Amir_9

• General Member
« Reply #3404 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 11:07:52 PM »
MOTD tonight showing what a farce the officiating in this league is right now. VAR just highlights it further.

Too many mistakes and inconsistencies.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #3405 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 11:22:58 PM »
VAR has to go. 

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #3406 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 10:20:06 AM »
VAR did its job yesterday, it's the refs using it. If you give a moron  computer, he's still a moron.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #3407 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 10:24:34 AM »
VAR did its job yesterday, it's the refs using it. If you give a moron  computer, he's still a moron.
Honestly man :lol:

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #3408 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 10:32:56 AM »
Yesterday for example, Lo Celso should have been binned. It was correctly reviewed and the third party came to the incorrect decision.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • my role model is this cartoon milkshake
« Reply #3409 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 10:38:34 AM »
Actually the incompetent buffoonery of refs and the dawning realization that no amount of technology in the universe can overcome their gargantuan ineptitude may be the best argument against VAR of all. Take your (busted) 50fps myths and bin them. Stuff the "b-b-but stoppages in muh beautiful game" blubbering. The depthless, abject, insurmountable stupidity of the referees is the death knell for VAR. Scrap it and save the money.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #3410 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 10:39:39 AM »
Yesterday for example, Lo Celso should have been binned. It was correctly reviewed and the third party came to the incorrect decision.

Disagree.

The officials on the pitch missed the incident and didn't even check it themselves in the monitor.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3411 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 02:14:31 PM »

Disagree.

The officials on the pitch missed the incident and didn't even check it themselves in the monitor.

Do they ever?

I don't watch much live football these days, so I don't get to see, but every time I see VAR used it appears as if the ref just stays on the pitch, waiting to be informed of the decision.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #3412 on: Tuesday 25 February 2020, 11:48:58 AM »
Peter Crouch podcast with Mike Dean is worth listening to. Nothing groundbreaking but a good laugh.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline TheNE40

• General Member
« Reply #3413 on: Tuesday 25 February 2020, 12:15:37 PM »
Peter Crouch podcast with Mike Dean is worth listening to. Nothing groundbreaking but a good laugh.

Refreshing to hear from a referee given how veiled they are from the media. A tough balance but I think they should be allowed to speak more and explain their decisions though I'm not sure as to how the best way to achieve this. Definitely merit in doing it though.

Offline TheNE40

• General Member
« Reply #3414 on: Tuesday 25 February 2020, 12:17:36 PM »

Disagree.

Do they ever?

I don't watch much live football these days, so I don't get to see, but every time I see VAR used it appears as if the ref just stays on the pitch, waiting to be informed of the decision.

I also think, for what it's worth, that the timing of the fact that VAR had missed the red card (came out during the game) wasn't ideal. Would have been far better served releasing it post-match. Worse still, that VAR official did the Leicester v Man City game at 5:30 as well!

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3415 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 10:33:53 PM »
s**** pens, but what is the point of the penalty law for keepers when they can be flounced like tonight. :lol:
?s=21