Author Topic: Daft questions: Football edition  (Read 198573 times)

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Re: Daft questions: Football edition
« Reply #3200 on: Thursday 2 July 2020, 09:09:29 AM »
Why can you never get our 93-95 home shirt with player names and numbers on the back? Were they strictly for the players only due to the way they were printed? Just you can buy the blue and green change kits from that era with name and number prints but never the home kit.

They're just pretty rare - Classicfootballshirts have had a few in the past. I guess people who own them don't want to sell and getting names and numbers on wasn't common. Remember a lad coming into school with Beardsley 8 on the 95-97 top and everyone being amazed by it/asking how and where.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #3201 on: Thursday 2 July 2020, 01:28:09 PM »
I don't think it was possible to get official names and numbers on the back of the 93-95 home one?  The players' ones had that black patch on.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #3202 on: Wednesday 8 July 2020, 04:58:34 PM »
There was this game where I think Steve McClaren was losing 3-0 at half-time, or something like that. It was a European game with Boro maybe. Anyway, he brought on three strikers and they drew or won, or something. And he was roundly praised. (What else was he going to do in that position?)

Does anyone know what game I'm on about, or have it made it up?

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #3204 on: Wednesday 8 July 2020, 07:17:42 PM »
O0 joeyt

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #3205 on: Thursday 9 July 2020, 10:07:38 AM »
Talking to my eldest son about the importance of experience yesterday (particularly in relation to players playing in centre midfield and the risk of title chasers such as Man City playing someone like Foden week in, week out) and we got to discussing where 'experience' is slightly less important in title winning/chasing teams. We agreed that you're very unlikely to win the league without a very experienced CB in the team (VvD for example).

He then asked 'Dad, do you think Liverpool would've won the league if you replaced their full backs with ours?'.

My feeling was no because of the way they play/the set up.

Views?

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3206 on: Thursday 9 July 2020, 10:21:23 AM »
Yeah they wouldn't have won the league with our full backs. Think that's pretty obvious

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #3207 on: Thursday 9 July 2020, 02:20:51 PM »
There was this game where I think Steve McClaren was losing 3-0 at half-time, or something like that. It was a European game with Boro maybe. Anyway, he brought on three strikers and they drew or won, or something. And he was roundly praised. (What else was he going to do in that position?)

Wasn't it against Alaves?

Pretty sure he had at least two games that ended up 4-4 that he got to by throwing strikers on

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • Supporting Stilton at the Cheese World Cup
« Reply #3208 on: Thursday 9 July 2020, 09:39:47 PM »
My views are, how old is your son? The opening lines of that made it seem like a coming of age tale starring your eldest; the middle made me think he must be more-or-less an adult, then the curveball at the end where I'm picturing you both silhouetted on the brow of a hill, credits about to roll. Just totally lost.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #3209 on: Thursday 9 July 2020, 09:44:57 PM »

Wasn't it against Alaves?

Pretty sure he had at least two games that ended up 4-4 that he got to by throwing strikers on

It was against FC Basel and then Steaua București.

The alaves was vs Liverpool in the UEFA cup final which Liverpool won 5-4 AET.