39 (41.9%)
no - I prefer traditional 'men only'
22 (23.7%)
No opinion
11 (11.8%)
Big Geordie is an out of touch dinosaur
21 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: Female commentators - yay or nay?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Female commentators - yay or nay?
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 07:44:16 PM »
No I'm not. I like the to listen to whoever is best at the the job in hand and so far, in my opinion, they have all been men. It's like saying we must have more black managers but I don't care what colour they are I just want the best person for the job

:lol: But you don't get the best person for the job, imo. By and large the majority of commentators are absolute trash. There's probably a woman working a regular job that could make matches come to life, but she's got no shot because of her clit.

:lol: :thup:

Much of what passes for football commentary is unmitigated bullshit.

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 08:41:11 PM »
Find most people who stress they are not sexist normally are.  Very similar to the "i'm not racist...but"

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 08:50:12 PM »
No. They can f*** off and cover hockey or F1 if they want to be in the media.

Football is our escape from their s****. Just leave us the f*** alone for a few hours a week.
Minge Tingles

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 08:55:07 PM »
I can't stand the woman on MOTD, makes want to skip any game she's commentating on so based on that it's a no.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 09:01:17 PM »

Football is our escape from their s****. Just leave us the f*** alone for a few hours a week.

You're correctly named at least.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:16:46 PM »

Can see why you got on well with Midhat in the UAE.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:29:22 PM »
I don't like change, me.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:30:45 PM »
Vicky Sparks is an embarrassment to commentary. No f***ing idea how she’s made it.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:33:59 PM »
Vicki Sparks is f***ing awful but there are numerous men just as bad.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:34:40 PM »
This thread needs to die.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:51:57 PM »
The f*** is this thread, seem likes something that would have been started in 2007 :lol:

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:54:33 PM »
Only the fit ones should be allowed to commentate imo

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:54:54 PM »
I believe a notable Dr., eminent in his field, once sagely said:

‘Bitches ain’t nothing but hoes and tricks’

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:55:51 PM »

You realise women like and play football too right? Like you know thats a thing? Or do you just live in a prism of your own self importance and think the world revolves around you?

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 10:58:23 PM »

Avid Bruce defender making a s*** comment, I’m shocked
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 11:19:35 PM »

You realise women like and play football too right? Like you know thats a thing? Or do you just live in a prism of your own self importance and think the world revolves around you?

Yeah so let them commentate on their own matches. I’ve noticed many token female pundits on various tv networks over the last year or so. Even the recent Rugby World Cup had at least one on every game.

I didn’t find them insightful, all I see is tv networks trying to appear woke.

It’s bullshit, if they could do the job as well as men, fair enough I have no problem with them. But that’s not the case, they’re taking the place of someone more qualified because of politics.

It’s the whole equality of opportunity vs. Equality of outcome debate.
Minge Tingles

Online Greg

« Reply #66 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 11:22:13 PM »
Alex Scott often does the job (as a pundit, not sure if I've heard her commentate) better than many men.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 11:39:25 PM »

Yeah so let them commentate on their own matches. I’ve noticed many token female pundits on various tv networks over the last year or so. Even the recent Rugby World Cup had at least one on every game.

It’s bullshit, if they could do the job as well as men, fair enough I have no problem with them. But that’s not the case, they’re taking the place of someone more qualified because of politics.

Well said, it’s cultural genocide and we need fight back.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 11:41:02 PM »

what makes someone qualified? just having played the game at a high level doesn't make someone in the slightest bit qualified to actually analyse and give any kind of insight to a game eg micheal owen robbie savage and countless other former mens players. Whereas any time I've seen alex scott I've liked her as a pundit a lot more than most of the men.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 12 January 2020, 11:57:44 PM »

what makes someone qualified? just having played the game at a high level doesn't make someone in the slightest bit qualified to actually analyse and give any kind of insight to a game eg micheal owen robbie savage and countless other former mens players. Whereas any time I've seen alex scott I've liked her as a pundit a lot more than most of the men.

To be honest I can’t say I was aware of her. Quick google search, she’s certainly a looker and will take your word for it if she’s an insightful pundit. She’s got the footballing credentials at least.

And your question about being qualified. Certainly playing in the top flight helps but also having the intelligence to analyse a game properly. Yes they are few and far between when the likes of Robbie Savage gets regular work.

But that also falls into another category where women fall short. Savage in particular has made a career out of being an antagonist. There’s a certain humour to it. He’s willing to take abuse from supporters to keep himself in the limelight.

If a woman was getting dogs abuse the way Savage does it would be on newsnight. Where’s the fun in that?
Minge Tingles

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #70 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 06:27:06 AM »

Wow, I genuinely thought you were being ironic and forgot the safety wink. Turns out you’re just an ignorant w***** :thup:
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #71 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 06:46:50 AM »
If they're good, aye. If they're s****, no.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 07:18:45 AM »
Alex Scott often does the job (as a pundit, not sure if I've heard her commentate) better than many men.

in one of her early appearances she was on with souness and he trotted out the usual PFM analysis of the first half along with some other t***, they went to Alex Scott and she gave a completely different view of what had happened, contradicted him completely and called the second half perfectly - i was sold from then on because it was so unusual to see differing opinions like that

i'd take it a step further and suggest we need more people from outside a football playing background to be involved, never mind sex or gender, but if everyone is parroting the same s**** nothing will ever change

get experienced journalists in there for their view on the game, stuff like that, mix it up and try to change the level of analysis we currently have which is frankly a f***ing embarrassment
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #73 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 08:37:59 AM »

To be honest I can’t say I was aware of her. Quick google search, she’s certainly a looker and will take your word for it if she’s an insightful pundit. She’s got the footballing credentials at least.

And your question about being qualified. Certainly playing in the top flight helps but also having the intelligence to analyse a game properly. Yes they are few and far between when the likes of Robbie Savage gets regular work.

But that also falls into another category where women fall short. Savage in particular has made a career out of being an antagonist. There’s a certain humour to it. He’s willing to take abuse from supporters to keep himself in the limelight.

If a woman was getting dogs abuse the way Savage does it would be on newsnight. Where’s the fun in that?

The fact that the first thing you mention about her is her looks is part of the problem.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
Discussing women's role in football coverage but wasn't aware of Alex Scott? :lol: