Author Topic: UK Politics - Generation Tory  (Read 123732 times)

Online neesy111

• General Member
Re: UK Politics - Generation Tory
« Reply #3950 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:04:21 PM »
Some of the public only complain about Linekers wage, because he has left leaning political views and the Brexit army see it as a victory that he is getting a pay cut.

Now hang on. The BBC is a publicly funded institution which gives Lineker a platform that keeps profile high enough that he can command lucrative commercial deals. He should be paying them.

The BBC are a media company that's uniquely funded, that shouldn't stop them paying for top talent.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #3951 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:30:15 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54166146

Grant Shapps clamping down on graffiti on trains to encourage rail users. Ah yeah, thats what what puts people off the trains, its not the overcrowding, extortionate pricing, price rises every single fuckin year, ancient rolling stock and general unreliability. It's non existent graffiti.

On another planet these c***s.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3952 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:31:14 PM »
Some of the public only complain about Linekers wage, because he has left leaning political views and the Brexit army see it as a victory that he is getting a pay cut.

Now hang on. The BBC is a publicly funded institution which gives Lineker a platform that keeps profile high enough that he can command lucrative commercial deals. He should be paying them.

The BBC are a media company that's uniquely funded, that shouldn't stop them paying for top talent.

Top talent? He advertises crisps.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #3953 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:34:20 PM »

Grant Shapps clamping down on graffiti on trains to encourage rail users. Ah yeah, thats what what puts people off the trains, its not the overcrowding, extortionate pricing, price rises every single fuckin year, ancient rolling stock and general unreliability. It's non existent graffiti.

Absolutely mental :lol:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3954 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:40:45 PM »
Cleaning up graffiti is an overhead that eats into profit. If they sort that out all the other problems will simply vanish.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #3955 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:42:39 PM »

He has small point tbf.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #3956 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 11:34:10 PM »

But that was never the point of the BBC. It nurtured and made top talent and then they would leave for ITV for the big bucks and BBC would just find the next promising thing and start again. It’s the quality of the programs that is more important ultimately than who hosts them in the main. Always has been.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #3957 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 11:59:11 PM »
What makes the quality of MOTD though? Isn’t it the host and the pundits?

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3958 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 12:00:36 AM »

IS IT f***.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #3959 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 12:04:05 AM »
You know what I mean though, in theory. What makes the quality of a show are the people who appear on it.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3960 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 12:05:22 AM »
£1.8 million a year to be a football expert? You'd think he would have brushed up on his understanding of VAR, if nothing else.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #3961 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 01:20:15 AM »
Sack Attenborough and get some random in IMO.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #3962 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 04:34:49 AM »
What's the % of overall budget that wages take up in the BBC? These figures should be quoted in relation to that imo.

Reminds me of the confected EU lies where the UK's contributed amount sounds massive if you put it as a monetary figure so all the hard of thinking get excited, but when it's stated as a % of overall budget is miniscule and nobody would care.

Unrelated (sort of) but when BLM kicked off on certain radio stations there were various conversations had about lack of diversity in presenters and so on. Started listening to 6 Music again recently and Mary Ann Hobbs was on; was sat listening to her talk wondering how the f*** she managed to be a radio presenter, she sounds like the most boring librarian explaining library procedures to other librarians.

Anyway that got me thinking about other presenters on 6 Music and when you consider it's a stration for exploratory or independent music etc. the roster of presenters is the whitest, most middle class pile of s**** you'll ever come across. That's what should be getting tackled to some degree, what the f*** is Sean Keaveney adding to proceedings.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #3963 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 07:19:45 AM »

The highlights. The punditry has never been very good and the presenter job is a piece of p*ss. “Here’s Brighton vs Watford”, “So what did you think about that Alan?”.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3964 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:02:37 AM »

Anyway that got me thinking about other presenters on 6 Music and when you consider it's a stration for exploratory or independent music etc. the roster of presenters is the whitest, most middle class pile of s**** you'll ever come across. That's what should be getting tackled to some degree, what the f*** is Sean Keaveney adding to proceedings.

6 music have plenty of non middle class presenters like Keavney, Lauren Laverne, Radcliffe and Maconie

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #3965 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:03:24 AM »

But that was never the point of the BBC. It nurtured and made top talent and then they would leave for ITV for the big bucks and BBC would just find the next promising thing and start again. It’s the quality of the programs that is more important ultimately than who hosts them in the main. Always has been.

Why should someone have to leave to go to ITV / BBC?  Also your forgetting that plenty shows also bring in £100's millions to BBC's commercial arm.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #3966 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:03:36 AM »

6 music have plenty of non middle class presenters like Keavney, Lauren Laverne, Radcliffe and Maconie

was the whiteness more than the class tbh

Sleep now in the fire

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #3967 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:22:06 AM »

No. The original idea of highlights of all the footy to watch when you came home from the pub was the original factor along with the title music and the editing. Now that pubs are having to close at 10pm for the next few weeks it might be again :lol:

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #3968 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:23:44 AM »
Chris Grayling just bagged himself a cool 100k a year job ‘advising ports’ for 7 hours work a week. All the meanwhile, he’s still a f***ing MP.

How is this sort of s*** allowed? Absolutely ridiculous.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3969 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:36:55 AM »
You know what I mean though, in theory. What makes the quality of a show are the people who appear on it.

I watch it to see the other 220 people that are actually working.

Online kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #3970 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:57:17 AM »
What's the % of overall budget that wages take up in the BBC? These figures should be quoted in relation to that imo.

Reminds me of the confected EU lies where the UK's contributed amount sounds massive if you put it as a monetary figure so all the hard of thinking get excited, but when it's stated as a % of overall budget is miniscule and nobody would care.

Unrelated (sort of) but when BLM kicked off on certain radio stations there were various conversations had about lack of diversity in presenters and so on. Started listening to 6 Music again recently and Mary Ann Hobbs was on; was sat listening to her talk wondering how the f*** she managed to be a radio presenter, she sounds like the most boring librarian explaining library procedures to other librarians.

I like Keaveny. I like the fact that that he doesn't have the 'required' voice for radio. Keaveny middle-class? Not with that accent.

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #3971 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:09:03 AM »
Sack Attenborough and get some random in IMO.

He's had a stranglehold on the best nature programmes that's stifled the potential of many generations of presenters. They could get a sniff of the top, but then Attenborough just reaches down from the summit, plants his palm on their foreheads and says "get back down to Springwatch you young scrotes, I'm still the top dog for big budget productions"

Chris Packham and Michaela Strachan could have done so much with their careers if it wasn't for Attenborough

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #3972 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:16:29 AM »

I like Keaveny. I like the fact that that he doesn't have the 'required' voice for radio. Keaveny middle-class? Not with that accent.

again, it's the whiteness of it all more than class though they've got plaenty of class in there as well imo

i couldn't be arsed to go through the roster but the only BAME person that jumped out at me when i looked was craig charles :lol:

Sleep now in the fire

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #3973 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:35:24 AM »
Chris Grayling just bagged himself a cool 100k a year job ‘advising ports’ for 7 hours work a week. All the meanwhile, he’s still a f***ing MP.

Digusting. What does that work out per week? Nearly £2000? Could probably earn himself an extra £36 if we weren't giving it to refugees. Take back control. Naplam the English Channel.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
  • Lew'sham
« Reply #3974 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:37:23 AM »

A joke isn't it. Kickbacks and nods a plenty.

As if the company is paying that kind of money to see this c***s lips flap sagely for 7 hours a week man.
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.