Author Topic: UK Politics - Generation Tory  (Read 36720 times)

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
Re: UK Politics - Generation Tory
« Reply #525 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 07:15:26 PM »
‘I’ll let you have single market access anytime big boy. That’s a hard border you’ve got in your pants’

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 09:51:59 PM »
All at the height of New Labour too. :lol:

That's what made the deal with Murdoch so f***ed. He wouldn't pan Labour, but he'd radicalise the country whilst keeping them in power. Whilst he kept them in power, there was no incentive to deal with the problems of our apparent free press.
Read the theory once that it wasnt so much he supported Blairs Labour but realised they were going to win so jumped on board.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #527 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 09:57:33 PM »
IDK what's real anymore but either way lol

?s=19
Read some of the comments, someone saying one of the girls isn't 20, isn't from Manchester etc as it states in her profile.......then she replies "where am I from then ?".....and then it stops. Would have been nice if someone asked if they were her comments.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online kingkerouac

• General Member
  • Camden Town, London, UK
« Reply #528 on: Thursday 23 January 2020, 07:36:48 AM »
All at the height of New Labour too. :lol:

That's what made the deal with Murdoch so f***ed. He wouldn't pan Labour, but he'd radicalise the country whilst keeping them in power. Whilst he kept them in power, there was no incentive to deal with the problems of our apparent free press.
Read the theory once that it wasnt so much he supported Blairs Labour but realised they were going to win so jumped on board.
Murdoch's modus operandi is to always look like he's on the side of a reasonable 'movement/party' then start slowly injecting poison whenever and wherever he can...

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #529 on: Thursday 23 January 2020, 07:38:48 AM »
Then Blair shagged his wife :memelol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #530 on: Thursday 23 January 2020, 08:46:46 AM »
There's very little more dispiriting than lefties I like going to bat for Richard Burgon.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #531 on: Thursday 23 January 2020, 01:33:10 PM »
There's very little more dispiriting than lefties I like going to bat for Richard Burgon.

Boregon. What a monotonous bellend he is. Just so bland.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #532 on: Thursday 23 January 2020, 05:21:25 PM »
I've nothing against him personally, but he is a right bland c***. Hilarious watching them pan Starmer for a lack of personality whilst pushing for him to become Deputy Leader. Dawn Butler was their logical choice, BAME, woman, has a bit of a personality, but let's do Burgon cause he said open selections. Control over unity.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #533 on: Thursday 23 January 2020, 10:50:21 PM »
Butler would be a massive own goal after that video.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #534 on: Thursday 23 January 2020, 10:56:08 PM »
Butler would be a massive own goal after that video.

After any video of her speaking tbh.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #535 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 12:34:23 AM »
Sad as it, or as competent or incompetent as they are, having any non-whites in the firing line will keep/set Labour back.

Be amazed if you did a poll of English folk and Abbot, Khan and Lammy didn’t come top 10 of the most hated ‘English’ people alive.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #536 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 06:56:21 AM »
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Online kingkerouac

• General Member
  • Camden Town, London, UK
« Reply #537 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 07:48:36 AM »
Sad as it, or as competent or incompetent as they are, having any non-whites in the firing line will keep/set Labour back.

Be amazed if you did a poll of English folk and Abbot, Khan and Lammy didn’t come top 10 of the most hated ‘English’ people alive.
Sounds like you live in some vile, far-right, eastern-european, festering shithole.
The only people who have ever expressed those views to me in the past have been Sun-reading, educationally-subnormal thugs.
And even then, there would only ever be handful of these idiots, if that.

Have they been breeding!?

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #538 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 09:23:06 AM »

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #539 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 05:37:35 PM »

Sounds like you live in some vile, far-right, eastern-european, festering shithole.
The only people who have ever expressed those views to me in the past have been Sun-reading, educationally-subnormal thugs.
And even then, there would only ever be handful of these idiots, if that.

Have they been breeding!?

I have no idea of which way is up any more
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #540 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 07:10:10 PM »
Unite backing RLB :anguish:

If she wins, the party is done for. Nothing has been learned from the past 4 years.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #541 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 07:11:25 PM »
Unite backing RLB :anguish:

If she wins, the party is done for. Nothing has been learned from the past 4 years.

That was predictable.  Len McCluskey can f*** off.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #542 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 07:26:42 PM »
Is Long Bailey as vulnerable to attack as Corbyn, or are you just saying anyone left wing is wrong?

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #543 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 08:06:29 PM »
Is Long Bailey as vulnerable to attack as Corbyn, or are you just saying anyone left wing is wrong?

Neither. Perhaps she has fewer skeletons in her closet, but a continuity candidate has no chance of winning an election under the current system.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #544 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 08:16:43 PM »
She said she rated Corbyn's leadership as 10/10.  That to me says she doesn't think that he did anything wrong, and will just be looking to continue with the same losing strategy.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
  • Deptford, London
« Reply #545 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 08:52:01 PM »

Will people trust her significantly more than Corbyn?
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #546 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 09:19:27 PM »
No idea, I know almost nothing about her.

I’m just trying to get people to say whether they think the lesson of the defeat is that a left winger can’t win.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #547 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 09:23:03 PM »
She has a very small Diameter mouth
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #548 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
She has a very small Diameter mouth

I actually noticed that as well.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: Sunday 26 January 2020, 05:35:01 PM »
?s=20

And people wonder why the left are disillusioned with our apparent guardians. Spend 3 years going on about the need for a woman, but oh, no, not that woman, she's run by the guys. I'm fully on the f***ing Starmer express, won't even rank RLB, but the nonsense used against her candidacy is pathetic, and certainly does Starmer few favours. Barrel scraping bullshit.