Author Topic: UK Politics - Generation Tory  (Read 119869 times)

Groo, Bizza, Adam^ and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
Re: UK Politics - Generation Tory
« Reply #851 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 03:30:20 PM »
?s=21

?s=21

?s=21

Absolute arseholes

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #852 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 03:58:47 PM »
?s=21

?s=21

?s=21

Absolute arseholes

Makes me angry reading this.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #853 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 04:14:14 PM »
Whatever Disco says about "voters", I don't believe people want a system like that. They just choose to ignore stuff like this because it's too hard to deal with, or they don't read about it at all.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #854 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 04:58:53 PM »
Whatever Disco says about "voters", I don't believe people want a system like that. They just choose to ignore stuff like this because it's too hard to deal with, or they don't read about it at all.
They dont want a system like that but as they see it, those are rare cases, the majority are wasters swinging the lead so it's sad that the few genuine cases get caught up on it.......hey ho, providing it doesnt affect or cost me.

To be fair for those at work in the 70s swinging the lead was a national sport and we were fecking world champs.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #855 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 06:53:55 PM »
Suspicious funding for the PMs £15,000 recent holiday. Will it bother any of his supporters? Not a chance.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #856 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 07:00:35 PM »
They dont want a system like that but as they see it, those are rare cases, the majority are wasters swinging the lead so it's sad that the few genuine cases get caught up on it.......hey ho, providing it doesnt affect or cost me.

To be fair for those at work in the 70s swinging the lead was a national sport and we were fecking world champs.

:thup: they choose to ignore but when it boils down to it they don’t really care and well, get a job and earn some money if you don’t want to be treated like muck.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #857 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 09:48:20 PM »
Mate of mine posted the clip of Corbyn asking Johnson if he should be deported for doing cocaine on FB

First comment: this was in the past

:whistle:

:lol: That's how time works IIRC.

Whoooosh

Oh I wasn't attacking you :lol: just exasperated at the ludicrous s**** people say to justify Boris, and how it mirrors Trumpworld more and more.

:thup:
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #858 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 10:46:49 PM »
f***. Me.

Just realised who the new chancellor is :lol:

Not surprised he’s got Doms approval.

Ex-Deutsche bank, dealt in derivatives that contributed to the crash, goes on politicslive etc blaming Labour for the crash and repeating Doms slogans.

The people will love him.

Massively punchable face though.
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #859 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 12:11:56 AM »
Javid did the exact same to be fair, right down to working at Deutsche I'm sure. :lol:

He just didn't want to sack his pals.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #860 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 01:37:10 AM »
Javid did the exact same to be fair, right down to working at Deutsche I'm sure. :lol:

He just didn't want to sack his pals.

Some tiny grain of decency or more than likely they’ve got something on him

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #861 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 04:17:22 AM »
It's a consolidation of power in Number 10.  Reckon the days of the all-powerful Treasury checking the Prime Ministers office are over.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #862 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:33:15 AM »
It's a consolidation of power in Number 10.  Reckon the days of the all-powerful Treasury checking the Prime Ministers office are over.

Is it as simple as Bonald's pockets have made promises to his 'Red Wall' voters that the treasury can't afford?
Can you say 'Magic Money Tree'?

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #863 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 10:23:04 AM »
Bishop Auckland MP been knocking about with neo-nazis.

Might put her in-line for a Jakey Mogg style rise to prominence.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
  • Lew'sham
« Reply #865 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 11:51:31 AM »
Suella f***ing Braverman as attorney general.... Jesus wept. :buck2:
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #866 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 11:54:24 AM »
Gan radge on Boris Bridges now.
Bearings Straight!

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #867 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 01:01:38 PM »
?s=20

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #868 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 03:59:33 PM »
?s=20

It wasn’t even an argument. Just a few answers to some simple questions.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #869 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 04:04:00 PM »
Know this is from popbitch but just the very thought of it  :lol:

It's reshuffle day in Parliament, so government ministers are all on tenterhooks wondering if they're going to be turfed out of their offices and installed somewhere else.

One man who's always ready at a moment's notice to pick up his chair and switch offices is the current Health Secretary, Matt Hancock. That's because, while everyone else in the department is happy to use standard office furniture, Matt has his own special chair that he likes to use instead.

A movie director's one, with the word "HANCOCK" written across the back of it.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #870 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 05:48:06 PM »

It's reshuffle day in Parliament, so government ministers are all on tenterhooks wondering if they're going to be turfed out of their offices and installed somewhere else.

One man who's always ready at a moment's notice to pick up his chair and switch offices is the current Health Secretary, Matt Hancock. That's because, while everyone else in the department is happy to use standard office furniture, Matt has his own special chair that he likes to use instead.

Weird thing to get agitated by.

Offline Stottie

• General Member
  • Aal these sheep and you've got nae bacon!
« Reply #871 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 11:48:37 PM »
Depends if he bought it himself out of vanity. That portrait Brendan Rodgers got slated for was him honouring a gift.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #872 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:46:16 AM »

Weird thing to get agitated by.

I’m not agitated, I think it’s funny and if true, a sad indictment of the man.

Depends if he bought it himself out of vanity. That portrait Brendan Rodgers got slated for was him honouring a gift.

Nah, you could it somewhere else because you’d look a right t*** sitting in that.

Brendan Rogers chose to put that portrait up so you could see it when you walked in the front door. Personally I’d have put it in the office (or in the garage with a sheet over it)

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #873 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 11:07:14 PM »
Labour have signed a pledge to state that trans-women are women and that there is no distinction between trans rights and women's rights.

That sounds a bit crazy. Surely you'd want to keep those extra rights that men get.

chopey

« Reply #874 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 11:10:11 PM »
Whats everyones thoughts on mixed toilets ?