Author Topic: UK Politics - Generation Tory  (Read 165946 times)

Deckard 13 (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: UK Politics - Generation Tory
« Reply #5450 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 03:23:47 PM »
As a fan of shock humour, finding the current outrage on left twitter over the "bomb 200,000 Corbynites at Glastonbury" joke on HIGNFY a little f***ing unbearable.

Without wanting to go down the snowflake route, when did the left become like this? They used to be the purveyors of offensive comedy, now they look to be offended everywhere. And it's not just young people.

They're not left wing. They're neo-liberals who see the shame in admitting their true political nature.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #5451 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 03:24:51 PM »

:facepalm:
Why did he think this would ever be a good idea? :lol:

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #5452 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 03:47:24 PM »
Plays to the English base.

You really can’t underestimate how much English Tories, specifically men, despise Scotland, it’s politicians and the population that live there.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #5453 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 03:53:47 PM »
Plays to the English base.

You really can’t underestimate how much English Tories, specifically men, despise Scotland, it’s politicians and the population that live there.

A lot of the Conservative and Unionist party would happily wave goodbye to Scotland and NI, if it helped GET BREXIT DONE

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #5454 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 04:25:10 PM »
?s=21
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #5455 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 04:25:21 PM »
I’d be happy for Scotland to go just to end this tedious independence saga.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
  • Lew'sham
« Reply #5456 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 04:28:27 PM »
Urrrgh, spoke to someone from one of Patel's previous departments and she sounds a right charmer. Apparently made people feel so s*** (mentioned suicidal) one ended up signing off for four months.

If she survives this... Christ what an untouchable shower of c***s we voted in.
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #5457 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 04:32:08 PM »
Urrrgh, spoke to someone from one of Patel's previous departments and she sounds a right charmer. Apparently made people feel so s*** (mentioned suicidal) one ended up signing off for four months.

Sounds awful that. Suicidal :(

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Bam Bam.
« Reply #5458 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 04:48:17 PM »

She's your typical "ambitious" idiot. The person at work who talks absolute s**** and knows f*** all. The person in a management role because they have no discernible skills apart from sucking hard on the arsehole of those above them. The person who would take credit for the work of others because of 'how hard they pushed them'. "Look at what I deliver". Its a f***ing cancer.

She did economics and politics at uni then shuffled off to be a servile wench doing PR for right wing loonies. Then a lobbyist against tobacco regulations. She has no morals or stance of her own. If you sat down and asked her, she wouldn't be able to form an opinion. She literally doesn't posses that level of thinking. She's an utter abortion of a human.

I mean, look at the clip of the c*** and ask yourself why she's an angry, lickspittle little fraud. It's not like she's going to achieve anything by her own merit.
Soon you will find out the man I'm supposed to be.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #5459 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 05:07:10 PM »

She's your typical "ambitious" idiot. The person at work who talks absolute s**** and knows f*** all. The person in a management role because they have no discernible skills apart from sucking hard on the arsehole of those above them. The person who would take credit for the work of others because of 'how hard they pushed them'. "Look at what I deliver". Its a f***ing cancer.

She did economics and politics at uni then shuffled off to be a servile wench doing PR for right wing loonies. Then a lobbyist against tobacco regulations. She has no morals or stance of her own. If you sat down and asked her, she wouldn't be able to form an opinion. She literally doesn't posses that level of thinking. She's an utter abortion of a human.

I mean, look at the clip of the c*** and ask yourself why she's an angry, lickspittle little fraud. It's not like she's going to achieve anything by her own merit.
No, she's not a typical ambitious idiot. When it comes down to it they have empathy that they realise when it becomes apparent they've been duped. Shes not like that, she's a nasty, sneering, snide t*** who as the Patelism goes, would turn off a life support machine to charge her phone up.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5460 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 05:08:51 PM »
He's trying to divert from the Patel stuff.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #5461 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 05:24:45 PM »
As a fan of shock humour, finding the current outrage on left twitter over the "bomb 200,000 Corbynites at Glastonbury" joke on HIGNFY a little f***ing unbearable.

Without wanting to go down the snowflake route, when did the left become like this? They used to be the purveyors of offensive comedy, now they look to be offended everywhere. And it's not just young people.

They're not left wing. They're neo-liberals who see the shame in admitting their true political nature.

I don't think they're neo-liberals, they're very much new age left. Largely Corbynite types, but not wholly. It's the won't be offended nature of younger generations, my surprise is seeing older ones jump on the back of it when they would have been laughing at deeply offensive jokes about Tories 20-30 years back.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5462 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 06:30:51 PM »

I don't think they're neo-liberals, they're very much new age left. Largely Corbynite types, but not wholly. It's the won't be offended nature of younger generations, my surprise is seeing older ones jump on the back of it when they would have been laughing at deeply offensive jokes about Tories 20-30 years back.

Yeah, I meant they are born and bred in the age of neo-liberalism, individuals gaming the system to get ahead. There isn't really an alternative for them, that I can see. But it damages the left.

The old guard jumping on the bandwagon is shocking. But not surprising. These c***s will eat kangaroo bollocks to remain relevant, and pick up their voiceover cheques.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5463 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 06:39:18 PM »
The smart ones have already got a business plan worked out for what to do with their 15 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if you can study it in 6th form.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #5464 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 09:22:35 AM »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Notice Rishi 12 houses has come out and said ‘we’ll all have to pay for Covid’ and that we’ve got to prepare for an ‘economic shock’. Perfect excuse to privatise everything.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5465 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 11:42:40 AM »
Not sure what they honestly think they can get out of the bottom half of society that they haven't already brutally squeezed out of the nation for the last ten years but could be fun to find out. Even more fun watching swathes of working classes voters passionately argue in favour of it.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5466 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 11:47:58 AM »
He also said we aren't going back to Austerity for some balance.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5467 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 12:01:25 PM »
He seems more imaginative than the average Tory chancellor, but I'm sure we'll slowly slide towards the "we're all on this together" rhetoric, which is their code for austerity. I'm sure his imaginative bent will just have them repackage it, fiscal responsibility or some other pish. Sure as s***, it won't be those in need getting the massive gains, a token effort or two, it'll be massive tax cuts and the likes to stimulate growth.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #5468 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 12:08:24 PM »
Sadly, the majority of the public will accept it, as they can't really see a viable alternative.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5469 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 12:15:48 PM »
They're definitely being nudged towards a "well we're going to have to pay for all this eventually" line of thought. So much for the "let's treat it like war debt" spin they had for a few weeks when people were going mental at the amounts.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #5470 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 12:17:36 PM »
The austerity brainwashing has been staggeringly effective.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #5471 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 01:07:27 PM »

Labour will start pushing for austerity lite measures soon enough.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #5472 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 01:20:10 PM »
They like to think they're more business sensitive. Sort of died away during the Kennedy and Blair years, as Blair made Labour more business sensitive, but then again since 2010, it's been their apparent selling point. The social policies of Labour, but with the business at the forefront. In reality not much difference as Labour even under Corbyn had to be a bit more business aware.

If you trace it back to the 80s, it's about being more mainstream in terms of military and foreign policy. Again, nullified by the Blair years.

Until we have a better voting system, pretty much those two joining up makes sense. We have a two party system, should stop pretending we don't.

They 'Liberals'/Liberal/Democrats/SDP' exist as a 'guilt-sponge' for those of a left/liberal disposition who don't actually want to have to pay up to facilitate that change.
The pointlessness of their grouping has bugged me for decades.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5473 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 01:30:42 PM »

Labour will start pushing for austerity lite measures soon enough.

He's certainly promoted enough of the right people, but I'm hopeful they'll not.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5474 on: Monday 23 November 2020, 08:11:19 PM »
So to put the issue to bed, Jeremy Hitler Corbyn is to apologise. Again. For like the 1375 in the last two years. :lol:

He should just grab a previous apology and read it out again. The whole thing is preposterous.