Author Topic: UK Politics - Generation Tory  (Read 100284 times)

WGaz9 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
Re: UK Politics - Generation Tory
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 18 December 2019, 04:25:11 PM »
the Labour party has become a caricature of its former self, a ridiculous farce of a party, a condescending cult of woke, effete, self-preening arseholes

not necessarily disagreeing with you but have you been paying attention to the tory party at all

Yes - they've become every bit as bad a cult as HM Opposition. Johnson's government could be even more dystopian than what's preceded it.

But the point being that Labour blew their chance with their self-indulgent, Messianic cult of Corbyn, and their God complex thinking they could right all the wrongs of the past 10 years in a single manifesto.

They had a free, open goal with this election and the Chris Waddled the ball into the stratosphere. I don't know if I'll ever forgive them for that.

Oh, come on, the right-wing press, the anti-semitic trolling, and the elephant in the room - Brexit, did for Labour.
Anyone standing with a red rosette had no chance.
Did Labour go on the attack about Tory Islamaphobia ?

Did Labour go on the attack about a confirmatory referendum ?

Did Corbyn hammer home Johnson's lies about 40 new hospitals in the debates ?

Truth be told, ever since Alastair "sexed-up dossier" Campbell left them, they have been hugely inept in their comms. Yes, Corbyn managed to reach out to a huge number of people who had been 'beyond' mainstream politics, hence his Jesus on the Mountain like gatherings across the country. But they were only ever attended by Corbyn enthusiasts and it looked to everyone else as though Labour had become a sectarian cult. Saw Starmer earlier on was saying that Labour should have flattened the 'Get Brexit Done' slogan at birth, but they allowed it to become the rallying call of this general election. Cummings may be an evil little t*** but he's a dangerously clever evil little t*** and he's outplayed Labour again and again. And I loathe that fact.
Cummings is no evil genius. He's had a very easy ride on both Brexit and the election.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 18 December 2019, 05:03:38 PM »
Antisenitism is an ironic thing to lose on, given how many northern working class people don’t like Jews.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone have a problem with Jews tbh. There aren’t really many of them though.

Growing up in Gateshead almost everyone is antisemitic.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 18 December 2019, 05:05:46 PM »
Antisenitism is an ironic thing to lose on, given how many northern working class people don’t like Jews.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone have a problem with Jews tbh. There aren’t really many of them though.

Growing up in Gateshead almost everyone is antisemitic.
Even the Jews!
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 12:02:18 PM »
It’s as if..... she’s trying to change what he said :lol:

?s=21
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 12:03:53 PM »

Yay! It's 2016.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 12:04:51 PM »
Jesus Christ :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 12:37:49 PM »
i'm all zen about it now, let them f*** it and bring on the pain pls
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 01:23:47 PM »
I bumped into the Yeti the other day and asked him if he'd seen David Davis.

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 02:03:11 PM »

Yay! It's 2016.

He was the first 'Brexit Secretary' wasn't he?
Turned up laughing at the EU negotiators with no plan, no impact statements.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 02:03:53 PM »

Yay! It's 2016.

He was the first 'Brexit Secretary' wasn't he?
Turned up laughing at the EU negotiators with no plan, no impact statements.

Yes, we've went through a few.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 02:16:11 PM »
Just read that the Press - including the Guardian - had twice as many negative stories about the Labour Party than they did in 2017, this time around.
Hardly surprising, but it is a chilling proof of our lack of an accountable free press.
We can't let this go on.

Online Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 03:06:28 PM »
Just read that the Press - including the Guardian - had twice as many negative stories about the Labour Party than they did in 2017, this time around.
Hardly surprising, but it is a chilling proof of our lack of an accountable free press.
We can't let this go on.

How many negative stories was it for the conservatives is a better comparison tbf, This doesn't mean anything if they still get overall more positive press than their counter parts.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 05:26:45 PM »
We can't let this go on.

How many negative stories was it for the conservatives is a better comparison tbf, This doesn't mean anything if they still get overall more positive press than their counter parts.

There may well be exactly the same amount of negative reports on Johnson, but there is a stark difference between offending the Cornish, for eating a scone incorrectly, and intending to burn all the jews.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 05:46:38 PM »
Aye, the stuff on Labour was extreme. The Mail or Express were forecasting another holocaust for fucksake.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 06:27:42 PM »
Aye, the stuff on Labour was extreme. The Mail or Express were forecasting another holocaust for fucksake.

I’m surprised they used the word ‘another’ in that ludicrous suggestion tbf.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 06:53:10 PM »
Never before had this journalist wondered how another holocaust could happen. That is, until Jeremy Corbyn became Labour leader. :lol:

Like sorry, but I just can't even pretend to keep a straight face with this. At a time when genuine hate, racism and antisemitism, is rocketing and they're just deflecting it onto the guy with an actual record of standing up to all kinds of bigotry, particularly antisemitism. Just so f***ing shameful, corrupt, totally demoralising. :nope:

I'm glad he's going, as the next logical steps for how to deal with him for the people peddling this s*** is surely terrifying.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 07:31:23 PM »
What is his record of standing against anti-semitism btw?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 09:54:29 PM »
:harry:

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 10:25:27 PM »
Clive Lewis in the race for Labour. If he wasn’t already he’s now likely to be one of the most hated men ever to serve in the forces in England.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 10:27:14 PM »
He'd be slaughtered by the media, I feel Starmer has the better skills to deal with that.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 10:28:58 PM »
The media will attack any f***er who gets the job. They will be going through his bins by Sunday

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 19 December 2019, 10:31:01 PM »
That's the point, we need someone equipped for it. Corbyn clearly wasn't.