Author Topic: Newcastle United 2-2 Manchester City - 30/11/19  (Read 7826 times)

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
Newcastle United 2-2 Manchester City - 30/11/19
« on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 07:18:58 AM »
I'm weirdly excited for this.

Having been humped by Villa, I'm anticipating City exposing every single one of Brewcie's flaws and laying on a right pasting.

Of particular interest is - which eleven lambs does he send out? I see calls for Joelinton and Almiron and Shelvey to be dropped, but whoever might come in is on a hiding to nothing. Carroll against City's defence :mackems:

We'd have to be about the longest-priced home team in Europe this weekend.

0-5
« Last Edit: Saturday 30 November 2019, 02:15:40 PM by Disco »
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Online neesy111

• General Member
Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City 12.30pm Sat 30 November Live on BT Sports
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 07:23:03 AM »
1-3

Offline Paully

• General Member
Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City 12.30pm Sat 30 November Live on BT Sports
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 07:51:18 AM »
I haven't backed us all season with this nugget in charge so there is no way I'll be matching my £50 like I had on last season in this fixture at 18/1  :lol:

They were awful last night but will still comfortably spank us - 1-4.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 07:53:40 AM »
1-3.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 09:39:07 AM »
0-6

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 09:56:59 AM »
If they beat us then I hope it’s a tanking. Still want us to win with Joelinton & Almiron turning it on but if we are to lose I hope it’s a hiding:
?s=21

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 10:05:36 AM »
City's defence isn't all that - I expect us to nick a goal but we're getting beat.

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 11:56:42 AM »

We'd have to be about the longest-priced home team in Europe this weekend.

Pipped by Ross County at home to Celtic.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 12:19:51 PM »
Will struggle to watch this even though it's on tv. We look absolutely clueless at the moment.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 12:22:09 PM »
Think i'll stay in bed.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 12:27:15 PM »
The Villa game was just a blip.

We showed in those performances against West Ham and Bournemouth that Bruce's attacking football is starting to show. Like Bruce said, he doesn't do tactics so the players should have the freedom to attack, attack, attack a tired Man City side.

4-0

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 12:30:42 PM »
Front foot football, baby!
It is my intent to purchase NUFC as soon as possible with the fullest extent of my personal wealth which may not be all that much right now, and may never be, but I stand by my statement nonetheless.

Offline sh74

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 01:15:51 PM »
1-12 to citeh. Otamendi own goal.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 01:17:09 PM »
If they beat us then I hope it’s a tanking. Still want us to win with Joelinton & Almiron turning it on but if we are to lose I hope it’s a hiding:

Totally agree with this. I want us to win and the team to do it right. Would make for a nice weekend. But if we lose I hope it’s an embarrassing lay down to expose the utter c***s who run the club some more.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 02:39:25 PM »
Pants down, bend over, insert tactics here.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 05:01:06 PM »
The worst sort of result is a 0-1 or 1-2 loss because you’ll get the ‘we were unlucky’ or ‘Rafa used to get similar results against the big 6’ etc bollocks. I want either a 1-0 win with Joelinton scoring from an Almiron assist or a 0-10.
?s=21

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 05:16:33 PM »
The worst sort of result is a 0-1 or 1-2 loss because you’ll get the ‘we were unlucky’ or ‘Rafa used to get similar results against the big 6’ etc bollocks. I want either a 1-0 win with Joelinton scoring from an Almiron assist or a 0-10.

Would you prefer a draw or 0-10?

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 05:51:07 PM »
Potential for our players to turn on one another here when they start playing us off the park. Could be fun.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 08:04:40 PM »
Think we can nick this, City were s**** last night, no Aguero and they  just look a bit out of sorts this season.

2-1   Up the Mags  O0

Cue a meltdown on here 😂
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 08:59:25 PM »
Why would there be a meltdown on here? I think most people would be happy if we beat City. Likelihood is a spanking and back to winning form for City, I don't think I can bring myself to watch the carnage. It certainly won't be a Rafa masterclass, it'll be a Brucey fluke at best, but I'll take what we can get.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline RS

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 10:16:37 PM »
Brewcie teams backbones are built on confidence and nothing else. After villa whopped us that spine will be like glass. An early goal from city will spell disaster. Can’t see many Ashleyites still in the ground at full time.
"They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn"

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 10:28:23 PM »
I’ve got a feeling this will be a loss

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 10:32:51 PM »
I doubt it'll be a hammering. In a way it's the perfect sort of fixture after a really dismal showing last time out. One of the big six at home; no major expectations, probably still lose but only narrowly. No real grief from anyone.

I'm edging towards 1-1 anyway. City aren't the team of the last two seasons, I think we'll mostly keep them at bay, assuming the backline tightens up a bit.

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 28 November 2019, 05:07:55 AM »
Why would there be a meltdown on here? I think most people would be happy if we beat City. Likelihood is a spanking and back to winning form for City, I don't think I can bring myself to watch the carnage. It certainly won't be a Rafa masterclass, it'll be a Brucey fluke at best, but I'll take what we can get.

Because a hefty chunk of posters on here want us thrashed in every game  O0
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 28 November 2019, 07:34:13 AM »
Do we have to play this game?