Author Topic: 5th Lockwood Cup - Reds 17-14 Blues  (Read 2874 times)

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
Re: 5th Lockwood Cup - 12.10.19 - 10:30 G'head P'league - not too late to join in
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 8 October 2019, 12:24:04 AM »
Howay the Reds  :smitten:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Long live BeoutQ
Re: 5th Lockwood Cup - 12.10.19 - 10:30 G'head P'league - not too late to join in
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 8 October 2019, 07:46:26 AM »
Count me in :thup:

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 8 October 2019, 11:37:37 AM »
I'm sad I can't be there to offer words of discouragement... Or maybe I can but it depends where I'm meeting family shortly afterwards.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • Supporting Stilton at the Cheese World Cup
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 8 October 2019, 10:15:45 PM »
Kick off now 10am.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
Re: 5th Lockwood Cup - 12.10.19 - 10am G'head P'league - not too late to join in
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 8 October 2019, 10:28:55 PM »
£5

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
Re: 5th Lockwood Cup - 12.10.19 - 10am G'head P'league - not too late to join in
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 09:33:53 AM »
Allez les bleus!

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 01:54:30 PM »
17-14 Reds is the guesstimate... Well done everyone :thup:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:00:41 PM »
Great game, proud to have captained my Reds to another win, everyone played well on both sides though, can’t wait for the next one.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:01:23 PM »
Also good to meet some new faces, Anth (who ran me ragged :lol:) and Slim who was great for us :thup:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:04:51 PM »

Not gloating like  :p

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:24:04 PM »
Yeah, really fun game, disgusted by those photos mind :lol:

Offline SimplyAnth

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:28:22 PM »
Also good to meet some new faces, Anth (who ran me ragged :lol:) and Slim who was great for us :thup:

Haha the score line tells the true story, you guys were worthy winners!

Really enjoyed it anyway lads, cramping up badly now like :lol:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:29:47 PM »
Yeah, really fun game, disgusted by those photos mind :lol:

Sorry ha ha, you played really well Ian and nice to meet your bro, cool name he had btw...

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:30:46 PM »

Last ten minutes was only two in it and I’ll be sore marking you all game or trying and failing to tomorrow now ha ha.

Online Danh1

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:55:11 PM »
Cracking game as always.

Well done Reds, 2020 is our year.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
Well done Reds, doing much better without me in recent years. :lol:

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 03:53:04 PM »
Nice one lads. Lovely day for it.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 07:39:39 PM »
I'll hopefully be back next year to help return the blues to their rightful victorious position.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • Supporting Stilton at the Cheese World Cup
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 10:46:24 PM »
Cracking game as always.

Aye, surely we're due one now.

Brilliant day with brilliant people. Well done Reds on another deserved victory; loads of good performances. Stifler getting stuck in well  at the back, guided by HTT's captaincy and assuredness; Theregs a constant pest and outlet through the middle (couldn't beat wor Sifu though); Ryan/Spaceman/Dean a threat constantly; Wullie doing the Hodgson Welbeck role well (big compliment) - always finding pockets of space and holding it up; Slim busy, tidy and non-s***-taking; and obviously Cats p*ss with a MOTM performance (sure he gets better every game).

Dan's volley would have been the best ever RedvBlue/Lockwood goal, by the by. f*** me what a strike.

Blues did well. More of the same, really. Loads of good football but average finishing and caught on the break.

Great day though. As always, can't wait for the next one.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 11:03:17 PM »

You were unplayable really. Anytime I thought I was about to get a challenge in, you and the ball went away from me. I even saw HTT struggle with you. We tried doubling up and at times even that was difficult. I came off so Slim could get into you better. Honestly I think the best we were able to manage was to get you to the pass the ball.
« Last Edit: Saturday 12 October 2019, 11:43:10 PM by Stifleaay »

Online Danh1

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 11:20:10 PM »
Thought you had a cracking game, Yorkie. Along with Paul, you kept us nicely organised at the back and your fitness levels seemed to be a level above other occasions! But aye without your goals and general quality up front we would have been some way behind, Anth.

Offline SimplyAnth

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 07:28:24 AM »
Ah thanks guys, thought it was a really high standard and if mine and the blues finishing was a little better could have been a different story. Yorkie, Sewelly and Lfee never stopped running and creating space and thought Ian did really well in the middle.

The second reds goal (I think it was that one anyway) was insane, and if that volley had went in that would have been the best goal I think I’ve seen in 5/7 a side. Ball was behind Dan and the connection he got was so sweet. Zidane esq...

HTT and Stifler you were a nightmare to play against, really well organised and aggressive at the back and closed me down so quickly. Reds had some class attacking players as well that punished us!

Good game though and well played everyone :thup:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 08:18:22 AM »
I’m sore today ha ha, I have a big lump under my knee and a big red mark/cut -just as well I always wear shin pads. Don’t know what happened there.

I thought I was very poor on the ball at times, leading to two goals for the Blues. Anth I agree with Stiffler, the best way to defend against him was to try and get him to pass otherwise he would skin you. I’ve never been twisted and turned so much in my life.

Slim was like a rash, getting stuck in, up and down the pitch, tackling, passing etc. General all-round display. Stiffler was fitter and economical on the ball and like a wall at times, we just about did enough back there to stem the tide of Blue attacks towards the end where we were under constant pressure.

Ryan and Dean up front for us were great, similar players, but complimented each other well, great runs, finishing and energy. Dr Spaceman was like our Gerrard, goals, leadership, defending, running, tackling. Cats p*ss saved us so many times, I’ve played with and against him for over ten years, it’s not just his shot stopping it’s his coming off his line, agility, use of the hall throwining and kicking out and his communication.

The regulars almost scored a worldy which Sifu tipped onto the bar to save IIRC. Wullie was a calming influence, held it up well, give and go. Just a great performance from my Reds.

The Blues were equally great, Dan a beast at the back and his volley would have graced any game had it went in, great technique and Cats p*ss said he had to be at his bets to keep it out. Nearly snapped his hand ha ha.

Sifu made lots of heat saves as well, Ian W, Matt and LFEE as a combo in defence and midfield were a pain to play against as they could drop back, come into midfield and even get forward.

At one point they were all over us and I won’t lie towards the end I was camped around our box and was just hoping to cling on for the win, which we did.

Great game, great football, great goals, great people, great meet up and a great occasion in memory of Jon.

Love yous all :D

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 08:54:55 AM »
Cracking game as always.

Aye, surely we're due one now.

Brilliant day with brilliant people. Well done Reds on another deserved victory; loads of good performances. Stifler getting stuck in well  at the back, guided by HTT's captaincy and assuredness; Theregs a constant pest and outlet through the middle (couldn't beat wor Sifu though); Ryan/Spaceman/Dean a threat constantly; Wullie doing the Hodgson Welbeck role well (big compliment) - always finding pockets of space and holding it up; Slim busy, tidy and non-s***-taking; and obviously Cats p*ss with a MOTM performance (sure he gets better every game).

Dan's volley would have been the best ever RedvBlue/Lockwood goal, by the by. f*** me what a strike.

Blues did well. More of the same, really. Loads of good football but average finishing and caught on the break.

Great day though. As always, can't wait for the next one.

Yorkie you were everywhere, your fitness is superb compared to first time I played (not that it was bad), where as mine is shocking right now ha ha! I enjoy playing at the back, but it’s forced on me due to poor fitness, I was itching to go up front and get a goal towards the end as I miss playing up front. Hopefully by the next match in March my fitness will be better and I can play my natural game up top. I was relieved when the game was finished. I can barely walk right now and I’m just about to head off to Durham for my 5 year old’s match!

Offline Greg

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 15 October 2019, 08:56:14 PM »
I will make a comeback next year. Therefore Blues will be victorious and rise again.