Author Topic: Football Index  (Read 445 times)

Offline Leek

• General Member
Football Index
« on: Monday 12 August 2019, 11:51:26 am »
I know this might tie into the betting page but its probably worthy of it's own thread with it being a bit more in depth than your traditional bet. With the rate its grown and with the way I've been engrossed by it the past few months there must be a few people on here invested into it aswell. I thought it would be interesting to hear peoples experiences with it.

Offline covmag

• General Member
Re: Football Index
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 12:04:12 pm »
Like stocks and shares, what goes up can come down and with all betting you can ruin your life.

Hope that helps  :lol:
Ashley has killed my club

Offline khay

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 12:17:46 pm »
Is this just like SportDax or whatever was on BBC a few years ago now?

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 12:37:04 pm »
I tried it at the end of last season and still have a portfolio, but prices are way too volatile.

I thought I'd be clever by purchasing wonderkids who were set to move this summer and generate a buzz - Pepe, Joao Felix, Wan-Bissaka, De Ligt, Jovic, Tielemans etc - but I'm at a loss. So who knows? :lol:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 02:06:59 pm »
That’s ridiculous. :lol:

Pleased I avoid this.
?s=21

Offline Leek

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 03:39:19 pm »
I think the market is a little volatile on the higher end players. I started at the beginning of the year and stuck with the cheaper players and saw a 40% increase with £60 put on. The general price of players is still increasing as the customer base gets bigger and I still think theres alot more growth within it atm.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 03:42:08 pm »
What is setting the prices in this environment? :lol:

Offline Leek

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 03:44:02 pm »
With abit more research and experience  I've invested more into this since the end of the season instead of actual betting. Gone with Foden and Joao Felix as I try with the higher end in the market and got them at a decent price.

Offline Leek

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 04:13:52 pm »
The prices are all just based on what people are buying and selling. Match day and media dividends are paid out which influences a players price etc.. I was was sceptical to the whole thing to begin with but one of my friends has £3k invested in it and has seen over a £1k profit, slowly I've got into it but will only put £20 odd a week into it. Some of the money I've seen on twitter is mental like hundreds of thousands 😳. Football Index make there money from charging a 2% commission per every share of a player and from people who instantly sell there players at a decreased price rather than sell back into the market. I'm not really trying to advertise it as with any investment it comes with risk, I just thought there might be a community of other traders within the forum.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 04:35:59 pm »
What is setting the prices in this environment? :lol:
Basically an algorithm that calculates the maximum profitability for the betting company, with the minimal payouts they can give in order to keep people interested. Worse than fixed odds betting machines.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:50:18 pm »
I looked at. Just can’t be bothered in all honestly and I’d imagine a mid to long term injury would wipe out your investment

Rather just stick a £5 on a first goalscorer