Author Topic: Emil Krafth  (Read 13281 times)

Offline HawK

• General Member
Re: Emil Krafth
« Reply #225 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 01:21:45 PM »
The likes of Krafth, Muto etc. Hope we never see a transfer like those again. Cheap and pointless.

Muto wasn't cheap. Looked decent to me most times he played, to be honest.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #226 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 01:25:09 PM »
For a Premier League forward, Muto was cheap.
?s=21

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #227 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 02:08:23 PM »
If Nickson recommended him, then he needs to f*** off sharpish too when we are taken over. If Emil Krafth has been floating his boat since 2014 then he is obviously f***ing terrible at his job.

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #228 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 02:08:40 PM »
5 years scouting this dough ball. :lol:
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #229 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 02:13:09 PM »
sure Krafth was a Brewcie pick.

john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #230 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 02:14:13 PM »
probably made him drool, thinking of the cheeses slices on his burgers.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #231 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 02:27:10 PM »
My only recollections of him in a toon top are him blazing over from about 4 yards out in some of the earlier games this season. 
s****.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline SweMag

• General Member
« Reply #232 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 03:19:18 PM »
sure Krafth was a Brewcie pick.

Sure. But was scouted for 5 years before Bruce was appointed, but yeah, Bruce probably gave his ok to the deal. Bruce convinced Lee Charnley to spend some extra millions on him.

Offline Carrick18

• General Member
  • Big Jack
« Reply #233 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 03:50:57 PM »
I heard a funny old rumour about the signing of Krafth. Essentially a good portion of the club's recruitment is done via agents or recruitment companies, which is not that strange in football. That said, we basically went out and asked for a right-back over 5ft 10 who was cheap, and Krafth was the name that came back. A friend who works in that field said his company was one that got the brief, and they suggested a few better options that were a few million more expensive.

He also couldn't fathom why we'd actually signed Krafth as every major metric had him as a very poor full-back when translated to 'Premier League standard'.

Offline SweMag

• General Member
« Reply #234 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
I heard a funny old rumour about the signing of Krafth. Essentially a good portion of the club's recruitment is done via agents or recruitment companies, which is not that strange in football. That said, we basically went out and asked for a right-back over 5ft 10 who was cheap, and Krafth was the name that came back. A friend who works in that field said his company was one that got the brief, and they suggested a few better options that were a few million more expensive.

He also couldn't fathom why we'd actually signed Krafth as every major metric had him as a very poor full-back when translated to 'Premier League standard'.

That’s not true though.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #235 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 04:08:04 PM »

That’s not true though.

Which bit?

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #236 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 04:18:53 PM »
Sounds true tbh :lol:
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline SweMag

• General Member
« Reply #237 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 06:29:34 PM »

That’s not true though.

Which bit?

Recruited via a company/agent.

Offline Carrick18

• General Member
  • Big Jack
« Reply #238 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 06:46:22 PM »
They definitely sent that brief out to companies and agents. Whether they sourced Krafth themselves I don't know, but he was adamant that them signing him fit the description they were given.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #239 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 06:49:04 PM »
Thought he must have caught the Rona when this was bumped.

Offline SweMag

• General Member
« Reply #240 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 07:09:06 PM »
They definitely sent that brief out to companies and agents. Whether they sourced Krafth themselves I don't know, but he was adamant that them signing him fit the description they were given.

I doubt that.

Steve Nickson has scouted him since 2014. Emil Krafth has said he knew about the club’s interest and that they have been scouting him for the last 2-3 years.

It is a Nickson signing. Nickson highly recomended him to Steve Bruce (who then convinced Lee Charnley to spend some extra millions on him).

Offline Carrick18

• General Member
  • Big Jack
« Reply #241 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 07:17:44 PM »
The truth is likely in the middle then.

Nickson had his man, the club tried to look at other options too and then settled on Krafth.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #242 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 07:23:49 PM »
The truth is likely in the middle then.

Nickson had his man, the club tried to look at other options too and then settled on Krafth.

The club didn’t try anything. They looked at the list and bought the cheapest one

Offline Joey Linton

« Reply #243 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 08:07:20 PM »
The thing is, I reckon under Benitez while he may not have been much better, he’d have been better. Either in terms of coaching, positioning, holding shape, etc.

What, like Benitez improved Lazaar you mean? Absolute rubbish mate, both your opinion and the pair of them.