Author Topic: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage  (Read 21697 times)

Offline LV

• General Member
Re: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage
« Reply #225 on: Sunday 5 January 2020, 02:05:20 PM »
Probably comes down to who you know to get gigs like that.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #226 on: Sunday 5 January 2020, 11:10:38 PM »
?s=20

Another hard hitting story from Ryder and the boys
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: Sunday 5 January 2020, 11:25:05 PM »
:lol:

"It's outside the ground. The end."
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #228 on: Sunday 5 January 2020, 11:25:19 PM »
The Strawberry is popular with home fans as it sells beer and is located very close to the stadium. [/Look Ma I’m a journalist]

Offline Greg

« Reply #229 on: Monday 6 January 2020, 12:15:24 AM »
It's a worthwhile piece on its history to give more attention to the planning application currently under consideration by NCC for a large new building to effectively wrap around it, but the headline is stupid.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #230 on: Monday 6 January 2020, 02:08:57 AM »
I’ve just mentioned this on the ‘unpopular opinions’ thread, and on SSC.

The Strawberry is a s*** pub.
It doesn’t have any features that are of any note. Anytime I’ve been in (match day and none match day) it has been dirty, sticky tables, glasses not washed properly, dust on fixtures and fittings etc. It doesn’t offer any decent food, and the drinks it offers is the regular s*** you find in social clubs and the supermarket.

It’s only popular due to it’s proximity to SJP, if it wasn’t for this then it would have closed down years ago.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #231 on: Monday 6 January 2020, 02:15:09 AM »
It's a worthwhile piece on its history to give more attention to the planning application currently under consideration by NCC for a large new building to effectively wrap around it, but the headline is stupid.
People are going on as if it’s being knocked down, not that it would be a bad idea in my opinion.
It’s not being knocked down though, in fact the owners of the pub are in favour of the development. In their opinion it will hopefully provide a drinking and eating place for the hundreds on employees being based in the building which would give them some sort of income on a non-match day.
If you look at the article, the pictures show that in the past the pub was surrounded and even connected to other buildings around in the past.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday 7 January 2020, 10:03:47 PM »
The Chronicle with a full article today on who has increased and decreased in value in the squad according to Transfermarkt. Stealing a living.
?s=21

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday 7 January 2020, 10:08:11 PM »
The Chronicle with a full article today on who has increased and decreased in value in the squad according to Transfermarkt. Stealing a living.

:laugh:

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday 8 January 2020, 11:26:34 AM »
Good Caulkin article in the Athletic about Boro vs Spurs on Sunday!

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #235 on: Saturday 11 January 2020, 10:13:46 PM »
Douglas desperately trying to make out everything is cush on Twitter and peddling more “this time last season” bollocks.

Totally ignoring the fact the football is s**** and we’re just bumbling from one game to the next with no long term goal.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #236 on: Saturday 11 January 2020, 10:42:55 PM »
?s=20

You have to laugh :laugh:

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #237 on: Saturday 11 January 2020, 10:44:27 PM »
Douglas desperately trying to make out everything is cush on Twitter and peddling more “this time last season” bollocks.

Totally ignoring the fact the football is s**** and we’re just bumbling from one game to the next with no long term goal.

I think that’s a very harsh assessment of what he’s said. His last tweet is actually “they’re not out of it by any stretch...”

He’s probably looking at it optimistically, but I think the point he’s trying to make is that there’s often wild overreaction on Twitter, to a couple of good wins or a couple of bad losses. Which is true, although hardly groundbreaking news.

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #238 on: Saturday 11 January 2020, 10:47:34 PM »
?s=20

Why?

Edit - Ah, you’re probably referring to the response rather than what Douglas said.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #239 on: Saturday 11 January 2020, 11:04:19 PM »
?s=20

Why?

Edit - Ah, you’re probably referring to the response rather than what Douglas said.

Both.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #240 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 03:02:33 PM »
?s=21

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #241 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 07:08:59 PM »
The Strawberry is popular with home fans as it sells beer and is located very close to the stadium. [/Look Ma I’m a journalist]

:lol: :lol:

Principal Skinner is an old man who lives in the school. Lisa?

Offline Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #242 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 07:32:14 PM »
Should be named and shamed
The truth points to itself

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #243 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 07:40:09 PM »
Luka Magnolia would still be on the run if Ryder had been leading the Facebook detective group

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #244 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 08:41:48 PM »

:lol: :lol:

Principal Skinner is an old man who lives in the school. Lisa?

Lovely reference.

Offline AlanSkärare

• General Member
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 11:34:43 AM »
Been on to this before here, but it's beyond me that there isn't even more criticism directed towards the local media coverage of NUFC. It's failing everyone and everything. Maybe it's an outside perspective as I'm familiar with other sorts of football journalism in Sweden, more critically orientated and performed in a more open, available media climate, but jesus f***ing christ.

They're not doing journalism. The Chronicle is a content bureau, masquerading as a newspaper. They haven't had one single news story of their own in years now, yet Lee Ryder's job description seems to be detailed towards hunting news. They're not capable of producing one percentage of anything resembling investigative journalism, yet they've had one of the most corrupt and shameful football clubs in Europe in front of their nose for more than twelve years now. Their opinion pieces are apologetic at best, there's no criticism of the actual problem at hand. This mentality serves one purpose, and that is to preserve access and keep good relationships with the people they're covering. But what are they getting back? Nothing. No exclusives, no stories, nothing. Nobody is saying anything interesting to them, nothing is worth reading. So why not switch to actual journalism? Go for them. Get banned, but be honest and do your job.

I mean, they all know what's going on. They know they're not reporting on a real football club, they know it's going nowhere, they know progressing into the 4th round of the FA cup by beating Rochdale isn't a sign of anything, they know all the season tickets were given away because people are walking away from the club, and that it's a sign of desperation. It should be portrayed as such, not as a "nice gesture". f***ing hell. They know Joelinton and most of our other senior players aren't performing because Bruce is grossly incompetent, yet they pretend it's about him and confidence, they pretend the "mood" has been lifted because we managed to overturn a League One club. They're just pretending, and that's not journalism.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 11:39:27 AM »
Beautifully put but I'm not sure who you're referring to with the first paragraph? They're routinely criticised on here, I don't think a single poster would have a good word to say about the Chronicle these days.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 11:41:42 AM »
Perhaps in a concerted non Twitter lone wolf mental way perhaps is meant.

Offline AlanSkärare

• General Member
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 11:41:54 AM »
Beautifully put but I'm not sure who you're referring to with the first paragraph? They're routinely criticised on here, I don't think a single poster would have a good word to say about the Chronicle these days.

Maybe I'm not on here enough anymore, but this needs to be an aspect reaching outside of this forum, not just to Twitter etc but broader platforms should point finger at them. I'm not sure who exactly though, maybe Football365 or other independent sites. Maybe even other papers. It really is part of the problem.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 11:59:37 AM »
Been on to this before here, but it's beyond me that there isn't even more criticism directed towards the local media coverage of NUFC. It's failing everyone and everything. Maybe it's an outside perspective as I'm familiar with other sorts of football journalism in Sweden, more critically orientated and performed in a more open, available media climate, but jesus f***ing christ.

They're not doing journalism. The Chronicle is a content bureau, masquerading as a newspaper. They haven't had one single news story of their own in years now, yet Lee Ryder's job description seems to be detailed towards hunting news. They're not capable of producing one percentage of anything resembling investigative journalism, yet they've had one of the most corrupt and shameful football clubs in Europe in front of their nose for more than twelve years now. Their opinion pieces are apologetic at best, there's no criticism of the actual problem at hand. This mentality serves one purpose, and that is to preserve access and keep good relationships with the people they're covering. But what are they getting back? Nothing. No exclusives, no stories, nothing. Nobody is saying anything interesting to them, nothing is worth reading. So why not switch to actual journalism? Go for them. Get banned, but be honest and do your job.

I mean, they all know what's going on. They know they're not reporting on a real football club, they know it's going nowhere, they know progressing into the 4th round of the FA cup by beating Rochdale isn't a sign of anything, they know all the season tickets were given away because people are walking away from the club, and that it's a sign of desperation. It should be portrayed as such, not as a "nice gesture". f***ing hell. They know Joelinton and most of our other senior players aren't performing because Bruce is grossly incompetent, yet they pretend it's about him and confidence, they pretend the "mood" has been lifted because we managed to overturn a League One club. They're just pretending, and that's not journalism.

That's absolutely spot on. 

Go for them. Get banned, but be honest and do your job.

Should be tweeted at every Chronicle 'journalist' in reply to every puff piece article they post.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.