Author Topic: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage  (Read 29557 times)

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
Re: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage
« Reply #550 on: Monday 6 July 2020, 09:10:20 AM »

Do agents make money from loan deals?

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #551 on: Monday 6 July 2020, 09:25:49 AM »
Explains a lot if we were writing stupid clauses like that into deals.  Also the epitome of "we tried look at us, we done a transfer" while lying to the fans.

Offline TheInfiniteOdyssey

• General Member
  • I still love it but I used to love it more.
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday 8 July 2020, 05:23:30 PM »
Listened to the latest podcast just to hear the latest state of play regarding the takeover

Although Matt Slater was definitely an informative listen, I couldn't help but feel a little irritated at some of the remarks.

The question as to why the Saudis would target us as an acquisition instead of Man United for instance, didn't seem to accurately reflect how unwilling the Glazers appear to be in selling. The same applies to the other dominant teams in the league

Furthermore, the conclusion that the Saudis could easily compromise in the current situation, seems a total misreading of the wider geopolitical context. Even if there was some kind of effort there, surely the extent of political will involved, would inevitably be tempered because of everything else going on in this dispute.

Caulkin falling back on his 'no red flags' rhetoric was plainly ridiculous as well, considering these issues

I could be just interpreting this all the wrong way, but having listened to it, I really just don't see how this situation can be resolved in a positive manner

The takeover seems to be have been irrevocably placed within the scope of this geopolitical war

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #553 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 08:32:08 AM »
The Athletic are doing a daily Premier League great for 60 days - first two have been excellent - Sir Les and Carragher!

chopey

« Reply #554 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 11:54:17 AM »
The Athletic are doing a daily Premier League great for 60 days - first two have been excellent - Sir Les and Carragher!

Thanks for putting me onto The Athletic its a cracking read, I then go and read Ryder in the Chronicle (his article on Paul Dalglish was 200 words of his) its like reading a 12 year old.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #555 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 12:13:57 PM »

Thanks for putting me onto The Athletic its a cracking read, I then go and read Ryder in the Chronicle (his article on Paul Dalglish was 200 words of his) its like reading a 12 year old.

Ha ha no bother pal!

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Last Edit: Thursday 6 August 2020, 06:50:04 AM by Paully »

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #557 on: Thursday 6 August 2020, 08:01:50 AM »
Did chopey delete his account?
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.