Author Topic: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage  (Read 28197 times)

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
Re: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage
« Reply #525 on: Tuesday 23 June 2020, 10:39:53 PM »
No Pod on the Tyne today or tomorrow. They are recording it after the match tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 04:12:22 PM by Stifleaay »

Offline ScottishMagpie

• General Member
« Reply #526 on: Tuesday 23 June 2020, 11:02:07 PM »
Just finished reading the Athletic piece on the decline of Hull City. Fascinating read.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday 23 June 2020, 11:21:46 PM »
Just finished reading the Athletic piece on the decline of Hull City. Fascinating read.

Aye that's my lunch time read tomorrow, really impressed with the quality of the Athletic.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 02:42:26 PM »

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 02:44:05 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • Supporting Stilton at the Cheese World Cup
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 04:02:11 PM »
Hells teeth. :lol:

Offline LRD

• General Member
  • Wor Rafa
« Reply #531 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 04:12:12 PM »
Made 2 appearances. :lol:
"What is a club in any case?
Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." – Sir Bobby Robson

Woah I'm everywhere

Offline MiggysFirstGoal

• General Member
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 04:13:16 PM »
Completely forgot he even played for us. Now I know why. :lol:

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 04:13:35 PM »
What a sporting institution we are :lol:
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
We had just received £35m for Andy Carroll as well.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #535 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 04:21:14 PM »
Played about 50 minutes over 2 games, £20k per 10 minutes. :lol:
?s=21

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 04:22:01 PM »
Not especially doubting that bit but if you read the whole article Stephen Ireland comes across as a bit of a Walter Mitty
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline LRD

• General Member
  • Wor Rafa
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 06:00:54 PM »
Makes you wonder if the likes of Doumbia and Ferreyra are on similar deals.
"What is a club in any case?
Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." – Sir Bobby Robson

Woah I'm everywhere

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #538 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 07:54:54 PM »
Finding the Pod on the Tyne a really tough listen. I find Taylor Payne just comes across as a casual fan with his knowledge of football. I know the pod is free but I pay for the Athletic for the superior and in depth analysis.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #539 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 07:59:02 PM »
Finding the Pod on the Tyne a really tough listen. I find Taylor Payne just comes across as a casual fan with his knowledge of football. I know the pod is free but I pay for the Athletic for the superior and in depth analysis.

It's absolute s***, not one thing mentioned concerning the takeover unless I fell asleep during it (maybe). Least said about Taylor Payne's hosting the better.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #540 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 09:14:15 AM »
Funny how much grief that podcast is getting on here like :lol:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • Supporting Stilton at the Cheese World Cup
« Reply #541 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 09:57:30 AM »
I wish all podcasts were like the Totally Football one, where in the description it divides the audio up into chapters, meaning you can skip to the bits you're actually interested in listening to. I get why they don't, cos they want you to listen to all of it, but I just end up listening to none of it (in the case of Pod on the Tyne). I can't be bothered listening to the wackiness and, tbh, even less so any takeover chat or discussion about the current team/Steve Bruce. The more nostalgic pieces they've done, and interviews with players like Aaron Hughes, have been a really good listen. There's a Steve Howey one which I need to listen to but, like I say, I cba skipping through to find the good bits lol x

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #542 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:17:17 AM »

It's absolute s***, not one thing mentioned concerning the takeover unless I fell asleep during it (maybe). Least said about Taylor Payne's hosting the better.

Absolutely. He's diabolical.

If the Athletic ever critically review their content then they'll know he has to go.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #544 on: Saturday 27 June 2020, 09:58:25 AM »
The way the Athletic have dismantled Howes Bournemouth using stats this season is brutal

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #546 on: Monday 29 June 2020, 08:12:10 AM »

Mike Ashley is a great business man.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #547 on: Tuesday 30 June 2020, 12:03:54 PM »
From the Athletic - never knew that about Remy!

https://theathletic.co.uk/1896993/2020/06/30/michael-edwards-liverpool-premier-league-jurgen-klopp-sporting-director/

Luis Suarez had been sold to Barcelona and, with a week to go before the new season, a training-ground match had made it painfully clear that Rickie Lambert was short of the level Liverpool wanted. Balotelli was available. Samuel Eto’o, too. Loic Remy had failed a medical and Rodgers cranked up the pressure internally.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #548 on: Monday 6 July 2020, 08:33:31 AM »
They've got a half price subscription offer on at the Athletic which expires at midnight tonight. I've just signed up for £29.99 for the year.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #549 on: Monday 6 July 2020, 08:50:43 AM »
They've got a half price subscription offer on at the Athletic which expires at midnight tonight. I've just signed up for £29.99 for the year.

You won't be disappointing, its excellent.