Author Topic: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage  (Read 21670 times)

Online TRon

• General Member
Re: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage
« Reply #425 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 02:33:43 PM »
?s=20

He's lost it

The constant online confrontations really aren't worth being a NE journalist. They must make what, $35k at the most? Id rather be a sparky.

The problem isn't the confrontations, it's that he's wrong. If he was right, he would be telling us about it 4 times a day never mind 4 times a week. If you're a sparky, you would be expected to know your stuff about electrics. 35k still 35k too much if you are a football journalist publishing horseshit.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #426 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 02:41:37 PM »
?s=20

He's lost it

The constant online confrontations really aren't worth being a NE journalist. They must make what, $35k at the most? Id rather be a sparky.

The problem isn't the confrontations, it's that he's wrong. If he was right, he would be telling us about it 4 times a day never mind 4 times a week. If you're a sparky, you would be expected to know your stuff about electrics. 35k still 35k too much if you are a football journalist publishing horseshit.

:thup: absolutely this.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #427 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 02:42:48 PM »
?s=20

He's lost it

We've fitted an electric oven with 1mm twin core, and because the house hasn''t burned down it was obviously the right decision. "What the f*** have people been doing, wasting 2.5mm all these years?"

Offline The Little Waster

• General Member
« Reply #428 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 02:52:08 PM »
Passive aggressive . Now that Brucieball has run aground on the rocks of reality Luke doesnt want to play anymore but he still gets a dig in .
" We are on the brink of a new era , if only ... "

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #429 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 03:55:15 PM »
He'll keep his head down and ignore all the tweets until we manage to scrape a draw or fluke a win and then it'll all come rising back to the top. He's an imbecile.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Online WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #430 on: Tuesday 25 February 2020, 01:06:03 PM »
The Evening Bruceicle are exhausting their contacts book again. Comments from John Lickylips urging fans to be careful what they wish for re: a takeover.

Personally think they need to ask the Sayers family - or Barnesy - just to get some fresh perspective.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #431 on: Tuesday 25 February 2020, 01:09:48 PM »
There’s very little news in football, and a lot of papers and social media to fill/sell.

They should really be part time and just do match reports.

Online TheInfiniteOdyssey

• General Member
  • I still love it but I used to love it more.
« Reply #432 on: Tuesday 25 February 2020, 05:53:47 PM »
Where did it all go wrong for Deportivo La Coruña?

Twenty years after winning La Liga, the club are battling to avoid relegation to the third tier. How did it come to this?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2020/feb/25/deportivo-la-coruna-la-liga-wrong-spain?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1582651401

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #433 on: Friday 6 March 2020, 07:48:29 PM »
Absolutely mental! Redknapp again!

Special investigation: Birmingham City on the brink

https://theathletic.com/1643214/2020/03/06/special-investigation-birmingham-city-on-the-brink/?source=shared-article

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #434 on: Saturday 7 March 2020, 08:54:23 AM »
Where did it all go wrong for Deportivo La Coruña?

Twenty years after winning La Liga, the club are battling to avoid relegation to the third tier. How did it come to this?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2020/feb/25/deportivo-la-coruna-la-liga-wrong-spain?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1582651401

I’ve followed them this season, at least they’re not rock bottom anymore as they were for a long time. They’ve had a real upturn in form since New Year and are currently 17th. But yeah, awful season.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #435 on: Saturday 7 March 2020, 11:28:33 AM »
Mike Ashley has BANNED Craig Hope from SJP :lol:
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #436 on: Saturday 7 March 2020, 11:57:18 AM »
Make a 'HOPE' banner like the Hatem one and send it along to SJP :lol:
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #437 on: Saturday 7 March 2020, 12:01:11 PM »
Mike Ashley has BANNED Craig Hope from SJP :lol:

This club is a f***ing disgrace.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #438 on: Saturday 7 March 2020, 12:06:04 PM »
He's such a man baby it's hilarious, the problem being a lot of our so called fan base are 100% on Bruce's side on this one, it's shameful.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #439 on: Saturday 7 March 2020, 08:58:21 PM »
Only for a week though

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #440 on: Saturday 7 March 2020, 08:59:16 PM »
Ah really?

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #442 on: Saturday 7 March 2020, 09:02:20 PM »
You're banned from this historic football club. You, and your children, and your children's children...

for one week

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #443 on: Sunday 8 March 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
?s=21

Strange how far away he is but when we’ve won.....
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #444 on: Sunday 8 March 2020, 11:28:39 PM »
No f***ing mention that staving off relegation is now seen as a successful season, year in year out.
The excitement and satisfaction coming from Bruce and the media that we've nearly hit 40 points is f***ing disgusting.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Stal

• General Member
« Reply #445 on: Monday 9 March 2020, 10:01:08 AM »
Slightly to the side of this topic, there's a couple of times I've seen a journo's wage guessed at (the guess is usually about 35k pa) and then the post goes onto look down on that amount as if it's beneath them. I didn't realise we were all spaceman cowboy millionaires on here these days.

Sorry if the folk who do it didn't mean for it to sound that way and I've just picked it up wrong, but it's felt that way to me.

Well, that was the inflection given to it by to the under butler who read it to out to me anyway.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #446 on: Monday 9 March 2020, 11:33:01 AM »
It's very good money for the s*** job they do
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #447 on: Monday 9 March 2020, 11:52:29 AM »
?s=21
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #448 on: Monday 9 March 2020, 11:56:11 AM »
?s=21

Gone from a "fallout" and "future in doubt" to "no physical or verbal confrontation".

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #449 on: Monday 9 March 2020, 11:57:07 AM »
Sounds like a very minor misunderstanding. Even though I despise Bruce, I’m sure he wasnt trying to imply that.