Author Topic: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage  (Read 8166 times)

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
Re: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 02:04:44 AM »
They're not making money off their US subscribers so I'm sure it's the same for the UK launch. They be backed by major venture capital funding for a while, possibly less than they thought now the VC is being questioned as a way to build a company.

It's worth it for me personally, but I also follow US sports. If you don't you're only getting Waugh/Caulkin and maybe one or two non-NUFC related articles you're interested in per week.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 06:42:22 AM »
Has subscription access based content ever succeeded, outside of film/TV obviously?

I’d rather subscribe to N.O to read posts than subscribe to read some sports journalism from various reporters.

NYT, WAPO, Daily Beast, etc.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 10:21:15 AM »
I didn't buy it for Newcastle stuff, I don't even read that. So much of the other stuff is brilliant.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 11:54:08 AM »
They're not making money off their US subscribers so I'm sure it's the same for the UK launch. They be backed by major venture capital funding for a while, possibly less than they thought now the VC is being questioned as a way to build a company.

It's worth it for me personally, but I also follow US sports. If you don't you're only getting Waugh/Caulkin and maybe one or two non-NUFC related articles you're interested in per week.
They are owned by Steve Jobs’ widow. They have plenty of money to see them through an new area launches and transition periods until they get it right.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #179 on: Thursday 21 November 2019, 01:38:13 PM »
Brilliant Klopp interview

Jurgen Klopp exclusive: When we start a team meeting the only thing I really know I am going to say is the first sentence

https://theathletic.com/1384977/2019/11/21/jurgen-klopp-exclusive-when-we-start-a-team-meeting-the-only-thing-i-really-know-i-am-going-to-say-is-the-first-sentence/?source=shared-article

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #180 on: Sunday 24 November 2019, 11:11:53 AM »

Offline Disco

« Reply #181 on: Sunday 24 November 2019, 11:22:10 AM »
Pains me he’s from up here. RTG personified.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #182 on: Sunday 24 November 2019, 11:38:16 AM »
What's he even on about? Pissy that he didn't get invited to the good writers' club?

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #183 on: Sunday 24 November 2019, 12:34:31 PM »
He's an absolute mess.

Went into full meltdown a while back because he missed a flight. It was glorious.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #184 on: Monday 25 November 2019, 10:16:43 PM »
I see it's down to the fans to deliver a "brutal verdict" because the Chronicle won't call out that rotten mess for what it really was.

?s=20
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #185 on: Monday 25 November 2019, 10:22:30 PM »
Not brave enough to personally account for a negative opinion. Chronicle are completely complicit in Ashleys NUFC. Arseholes.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #186 on: Monday 25 November 2019, 10:22:51 PM »
I see it's down to the fans to deliver a "brutal verdict" because the Chronicle won't call out that rotten mess for what it really was.

?s=20

That man cannot write well.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #187 on: Yesterday at 05:54:07 AM »
?s=21

If Chris Waugh has bagged an interview with Laurent Robert I take back everything bad I’ve ever said about him.
?s=21

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #188 on: Yesterday at 08:04:31 AM »
Wasn't aware of that Pod On The Tyne until I got The Athletic the other day. Much trepidation.

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #189 on: Yesterday at 10:36:05 AM »
Wasn't aware of that Pod On The Tyne until I got The Athletic the other day. Much trepidation.
It only launched last week tbf.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #190 on: Yesterday at 10:40:06 AM »
The Athletic's new pods are pretty good but I refuse to listen to NUFC ones in general. Anything to forget they exist, please :thup:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #191 on: Yesterday at 12:26:57 PM »
It’s probably Pancrate he’s got hold of.
?s=21