Author Topic: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage  (Read 6343 times)

binnsy and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
Re: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage
« Reply #150 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 08:36:26 PM »
The amount of s*** Ryder's churned out from Bruce today, man, without having the f***ing intelligence to question any of it. It's pathetic.

He's blocked me on Twitter the baldy fraud and the user experience has improved ten fold. Absolute f*** nugget of a man.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #151 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 08:41:16 PM »
I’ve complained about him but got no reply.
?s=21

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #152 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 08:49:41 PM »
I’ve complained about him but got no reply.

Who? Easy Ryder?

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #153 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 09:32:54 PM »
Aye, to Neil Hodgkinson at The Chronicle.
?s=21

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #154 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 09:37:54 PM »
This guy was handpicked by The Athletic. Sums up North East journalism.

?s=21

And although he does have a left foot, he is actually right-footed.
?s=21

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #155 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 09:52:15 PM »
I just think of this when any of The Chronicle journalists attempt to write something decent.

?s=21

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #156 on: Today at 10:34:19 AM »
I see Chris Waugh did a piece last week waxing lyrical about the strength in depth across our defence, particularly centre back, but didn't spot the irony that it's all down to Rafa.

It seems like these journo's have been encouraged to remove Rafa from our history and lay all of the credit at Stevie's door.

I find it f***ing amazing how all of the press, and many fans, just move on, just get on with, just look at the situation likes it entirely normal.

It's almost like we never had one of the best coaches in the world at our club........

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #157 on: Today at 01:38:12 PM »
I see Chris Waugh did a piece last week waxing lyrical about the strength in depth across our defence, particularly centre back, but didn't spot the irony that it's all down to Rafa.

It seems like these journo's have been encouraged to remove Rafa from our history and lay all of the credit at Stevie's door.

I find it f***ing amazing how all of the press, and many fans, just move on, just get on with, just look at the situation likes it entirely normal.

It's almost like we never had one of the best coaches in the world at our club........

For all of elite football's politics, economics and its reflections of its communities - NOTHING dictates public perception like results. Pick up 7 or 8 points from 15 and you'll always be right at rain, regardless of whether or not such a return matches expectations/potential and regardless of any glaring deficiencies.

That's why the whole Rafa-Goes-We-Go crack was never going to amount to anything particularly meaningful. You don't need to win many games to secure attendances.

Online ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #158 on: Today at 01:43:56 PM »

For all of elite football's politics, economics and its reflections of its communities - NOTHING dictates public perception like results. Pick up 7 or 8 points from 15 and you'll always be right at rain, regardless of whether or not such a return matches expectations/potential and regardless of any glaring deficiencies.

That's why the whole Rafa-Goes-We-Go crack was never going to amount to anything particularly meaningful. You don't need to win many games to secure attendances.

Dunno like, there seems to be about 6 or 7 thousand that have actually stopped going since last season, and even after a good away win it was only 44k on Saturday.

Once people stop going thry generally don't go back i think.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #159 on: Today at 02:01:42 PM »
It's promising but it's still not that meaningful a drop though. It's only really 'sort of' news. If it was half empty it would be a story.

I'll extend the point to media coverage as well though, which was Minhosa's main point.

Online Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #160 on: Today at 02:11:50 PM »
I won’t go back till Mike Ashley is gone because I known Ashley&Bruce can’t take Newcastle anywhere long term.

Backing a manager who has proved a world class managerial ceiling when backed is something I could get behind.

It was just a massive opportunity missed and unforgivable that Mike Ashley didn’t let us see a backed Rafa Benitez.

For many fans it was Mike’s last chance to do things right.

When will we next have a manager of Rafa Benitez managerial ceiling?

Mike Ashley destroyed my hope no point going back till he’s gone.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #161 on: Today at 03:21:28 PM »
I’d have probably been stupid enough to go back even without Rafa had we made a managerial appointment based on the best possible Head Coach available. Bruce was just a p*ss take and 40k and the media are lapping it up.
?s=21