Author Topic: Matty Shortstaff  (Read 10315 times)

Offline toontownman

• General Member
Matty Shortstaff
« on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 04:59:58 PM »
Too soon.

I know.

That strike though. Surely getting some minutes this year. What a pre-season for him and what a time for him and his family!
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
Re: Matty Shortstaff
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 05:01:00 PM »
Glad Shortstaff has become a thing . He's had a good pre season.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 05:01:33 PM »
Has he has any loan time?

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 05:02:09 PM »
Has he scored? Livescore only seems to say Sean Longstaff has scored.

Yerdas El Savon

« Reply #4 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 05:04:25 PM »
Get him out on loan asap.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 05:05:12 PM »
Just as a point of order I think the thread titles should be just 'longstaff' and 'shortstaff'. No need for first names.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 05:06:15 PM »

Offline taxfree

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 05:06:26 PM »

Offline marki

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 06:05:26 PM »

Offline 1964

• General Member
  • It's all about the tone
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 06:08:53 PM »
Let's get the longstaff parents on a breeding programme, Mike will provide some romance via a couple of happy meals and a couple of hours in a travelodge

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 06:09:16 PM »
Didn't even know Longstaff had a brother before pre-season, but turns out he is really highly rated by the staff.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 06:13:21 PM »
Didn't even know Longstaff had a brother before pre-season, but turns out he is really highly rated by the staff.
Higher rated throughout his time here, I know that doesnt count for much at that age and level, was supposed to more crafted and technical than his brother who was more of a workhorse with a decent long range shot.

Would be great for them both to come through and fulfill their potential as locals coming through the ranks
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 06:18:40 PM »
Would he be the first player born in the 21st century to play for us if he makes a competitive appearance?
?s=21

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 07:18:46 PM »
Let's get the longstaff parents on a breeding programme, Mike will provide some romance via a couple of happy meals and a couple of hours in a travelodge
:lol:

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 07:44:07 PM »

Brave New World

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 07:44:22 PM »
Would he be the first player born in the 21st century to play for us if he makes a competitive appearance?

Obafemi Martins.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 07:54:01 PM »

Obafemi Martins.

:lol:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 07:57:46 PM »
He was the only player to play in 3 different centuries.
?s=21

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 08:36:03 PM »
Matty and Sean to lift the 2022 World Cup. Our generations Charlton brothers mark my words.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 08:42:58 PM »
Man, imagine how thrilled their folks must be with how things are coming together for them both. Fantastic for them.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Doc

« Reply #20 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 08:49:18 PM »

Long or Short?

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 4 August 2019, 09:58:08 AM »
I assumed it was the 50 million pounds man who scored.

:cool:
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Danh1

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 4 August 2019, 10:05:04 AM »
Wasn’t their fatha a professional ice hockey player? Sure he used to post on Skunkers actually.

Some family.

Offline jack j

• General Member
  • Spectator
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 4 August 2019, 10:14:45 AM »
Fatha played ice hockey very high standard
There uncle is Alan Thompson pro footballer
There other uncle posted on skunkers

The toughest of the 3 is definitely posting on skunkers

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 4 August 2019, 11:50:00 AM »
Ah, looks like it runs in the family then. Interesting.

Where did their dad play hockey out of interest?
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.