Author Topic: Jetro Willems out for the season  (Read 18622 times)

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
Re: Official: Jetro Willems joins NUFC on loan
« Reply #100 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 04:15:51 PM »
Loads of quality this guy. He'll be a huge upgrade on Ritchie provided he gets time and isn't just dropped the second angry scotsman is back.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #101 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 04:47:33 PM »
Just nice to see someone show a bit of skill and hit a good strike. All the goals were quality, only difference is Liverpool get to see it every week because they buy good players.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #102 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 05:03:44 PM »
He’s more confident in the box than any of our players.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #103 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 05:07:16 PM »
I don’t want to take anything away from what looked a cracking goal from the lad which he manufactured on his own using his skill and was fully deserving to see it hit the back of the net. But the keeper stretching his dive to reach the shot leading with his right arm and not his left instead was a mistake and an example of poor goalkeeping IMO. Their number 1 would have tipped it around for a corner I’m sure. Or maybe not...
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #104 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 05:54:02 PM »
The goal is clouding judgement for me like. He does well to engineer the space for the shot, defender should have been tighter and not shown him inside from such a position. I don't know enough about goalkeeping but suspect HTT is correct, whilst maybe being harsh as it was very snap-shot.

Willem misplaced numerous passes throughout from the edge of our third. It caused unnecessary pressure and whilst that was a common theme throughout the squad it also doesn't mean he was exempt cause he scored a half decent goal.

Defensively looks fairly solid, good tackler, needs more time to bed in I think. Certainly looks a long shot more ready than Krafth.

Pet hate: People going on about the use of his weak foot in this instance. He's had one intention and that was to engineer a shot on goal, he achieved it and achieved it well. Any player at Premier League level should be hitting the target from there. That's not to say it wasn't a good goal, it was just good for his creativity to make and take the chance, not to hit it with his wrong foot.

He was nowhere near as effective as Ritchie today from a more wholeistic point of view but nor would I expect him to be.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #105 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 05:57:27 PM »
He looks clumsy and a liability.

Forget the goal.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #106 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 10:34:47 PM »
Great finish.

There's a reason why he's at nufc at not at his current club.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #107 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 12:18:45 AM »
Great finish.

There's a reason why he's at nufc at not at his current club.

What is that reason?

Offline tinoasprilla

• General Member
« Reply #108 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 12:20:17 AM »
The goal is clouding judgement for me like. He does well to engineer the space for the shot, defender should have been tighter and not shown him inside from such a position. I don't know enough about goalkeeping but suspect HTT is correct, whilst maybe being harsh as it was very snap-shot.

Willem misplaced numerous passes throughout from the edge of our third. It caused unnecessary pressure and whilst that was a common theme throughout the squad it also doesn't mean he was exempt cause he scored a half decent goal.

Defensively looks fairly solid, good tackler, needs more time to bed in I think. Certainly looks a long shot more ready than Krafth.

Pet hate: People going on about the use of his weak foot in this instance. He's had one intention and that was to engineer a shot on goal, he achieved it and achieved it well. Any player at Premier League level should be hitting the target from there. That's not to say it wasn't a good goal, it was just good for his creativity to make and take the chance, not to hit it with his wrong foot.

He was nowhere near as effective as Ritchie today from a more wholeistic point of view but nor would I expect him to be.

He will be a million times better than Ritchie

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #109 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 03:37:32 AM »
I’ve seen enough the last two games to think he’s an upgrade on Ritchie like. Wouldn’t expect much against Liverpool at the best of times but thought he was excellent v Watford.
?s=21

Offline themanupstairs

• General Member
  • nee blasties
« Reply #110 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 08:33:04 AM »

:bruce:
Fear is the mindkiller

Offline ATF

« Reply #111 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 10:50:23 AM »
I don’t want to take anything away from what looked a cracking goal from the lad which he manufactured on his own using his skill and was fully deserving to see it hit the back of the net. But the keeper stretching his dive to reach the shot leading with his right arm and not his left instead was a mistake and an example of poor goalkeeping IMO. Their number 1 would have tipped it around for a corner I’m sure. Or maybe not...
Wrong on all counts. Against a shot destined for the top left corner, the keeper can reach higher with his right arm than his left arm which is underneath. And the power on the shot would have made it very difficult for any keeper in the world to tip it round the corner.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #112 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 12:32:39 PM »
Odd bunch here. He constantly tried to make things work in an attacking sense and made some good challenges etc. scored a goal showing 0 fear like many of our players do and you still find a way to criticize.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #113 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 12:45:48 PM »
They're not ready to give up on their assertion that he is fat and slow and another cheap rubbish signing.

Thought he performed really well in a tough game away at Liverpool.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #114 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
Delivered a peach of a cross to almiron as well

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #115 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 01:20:00 PM »
Think it’s more just the negative atmosphere around NUFC really.

Online Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #116 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 01:20:45 PM »
Can't take him serious with that poor excuse of a beard.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #117 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 06:06:44 PM »
Wrong on all counts. Against a shot destined for the top left corner, the keeper can reach higher with his right arm than his left arm which is underneath. And the power on the shot would have made it very difficult for any keeper in the world to tip it round the corner.

My good mate is a top-class amateur ‘keeper and he says poor goalkeeping. Mind he was drunk...

Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday 18 September 2019, 10:28:01 AM »

My good mate is a top-class amateur ‘keeper and he says poor goalkeeping. Mind he was drunk...

He absolutely had to go with his right arm there - if you twist your body in the air, you can reach further (literally, the width of your shoulders). And if you're right handed, you'd train that skill especially, because even stretching with your left wouldn't be as strong.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline duo

• General Member
« Reply #119 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 06:48:16 PM »
Makes the difference to us this lad  :thup:

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #120 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 07:10:57 PM »
It's funny, before the goal I was going to mention that he hadn't been in the game much, but he has some real quality about him if we can get him bombing on a bit more. A lot of that goal was down to him, fabulous footwork.

Offline tinoasprilla

• General Member
« Reply #121 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 07:20:29 PM »
Thought we looked better today with him and Yedelin at wingback

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #122 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 07:21:15 PM »
Can’t wait to see Ritchie come in for him. :(
?s=21

Offline Amir_9