Author Topic: Allan Saint-Maximin  (Read 41993 times)

Offline Disco

Allan Saint-Maximin
« on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:19:25 PM »
Appears to be happening.

Didn't realise he's also from the same place HBA and also former scourge of Warren Barton, Jerome Rothen.
« Last Edit: Friday 4 October 2019, 03:01:18 PM by Nobody »

Offline TRon

• General Member
Re: Allan Saint-Maximin
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:23:50 PM »
€18m is a fairly decent wedge to be spending on a winger with allegedly poor end product. We are potentially going to have a front three who are all lightning quick but can't hit a barn door.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:24:49 PM »
 :pokerface:

Offline Fitzgerald

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:25:28 PM »
Who cares when Bruce is head coach

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:27:16 PM »
Interestingly an immediate reversion to the carr model.

I think Ashley sees the squad as a revenue stream which Rafa wasn't maximising hence being so enthuastic to get shot of him.

Once bitten twice shy clearly doesn't apply to Ashley, 3rd relegation under his watch here we come.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:27:24 PM »
Really good signing. The price is a good one and no doubt takes into account the risk that may be associated with his attitude.

Think he'll look good in the premier league. Pace and dribbling are always valuable assets, especially now he will be in a team that features other such players.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline 1964

• General Member
  • It's all about the tone
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:30:21 PM »
Dogs and balloons

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:30:36 PM »

I think Ashley sees the squad as a revenue stream which Rafa wasn't maximising hence being so enthuastic to get shot of him.

Once bitten twice shy clearly doesn't apply to Ashley, 3rd relegation under his watch here we come.

The likes of Almiron, Saint-Maximin and Joelinton are a big step up from the likes of Riviere and Gouffran. They are also more physically capable than the likes of Thauvin and Cabella.

Unfortunately for a lot of people on here, the team is going to be an exciting one to watch, and are likely to do well this season. Best prepare yourselves.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:34:36 PM »
Allan Saint-Marveaux.

Offline Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • General Member
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:34:38 PM »

The likes of Almiron, Saint-Maximin and Joelinton are a big step up from the likes of Riviere and Gouffran. They are also more physically capable than the likes of Thauvin and Cabella.

Irrelevant Unfortunately for a lot of people on here, the team is going to be an exciting one to watch, and are likely to do well this season. Best prepare yourselves.

Fixed that for you.

Offline SSFC

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:34:52 PM »
€18m is a fairly decent wedge to be spending on a winger with allegedly poor end product. We are potentially going to have a front three who are all lightning quick but can't hit a barn door.

About the same that Wolves spent on Adama Traore IIRC. Seems the price to pay for a winger that doesnt have end product in the hopes that they will. With end product that value triples

Offline Disco

« Reply #11 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:35:22 PM »

Unfortunately for a lot of people on here, the team is going to be an exciting one to watch, and are likely to do well this season. Best prepare yourselves.

Hi guys,

My names Kaka and I'm a f***ing lunatic.

Have a nice day.

Online Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:36:30 PM »
Kakadamus.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:36:46 PM »
I was semi on board until the second line, very dramatic drop-off in sanity level :lol:

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:37:02 PM »
Really good signing. The price is a good one and no doubt takes into account the risk that may be associated with his attitude.

Think he'll look good in the premier league. Pace and dribbling are always valuable assets, especially now he will be in a team that features other such players.

I've never heard you say a signing is bad.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:37:50 PM »
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:38:22 PM »

Hi guys,

My names Kaka and I'm a f***ing lunatic.

Have a nice day.

He's right though. Just to f*** us all off, the team will have a blinding season.

It'll be another "5th place under Pardew" that the media will use as a stick to beat the fans for the next decade or so.

Online Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:39:30 PM »
Best prepare yourselves.....for an epic Mike Ashley/Steve Bruce push towards 17th.

:megusta:

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:40:17 PM »
Says so much that we're about to drop £16m on this kid and only today there's a specific thread.

I've just got no interest in these c***s nowadays.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:42:47 PM »

Is this saracasm?
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:43:14 PM »
Got a bad feeling about this one.

Offline johnny36

« Reply #21 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:43:58 PM »
Bellamys stats weren't great at Coventry but he joined..Hopefully he and Joelinton can have some impact like Robert and Bellamy
Though he sounds like a Jacob Murphy with his end product

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:44:43 PM »
This just reminds me of the Rondon abuse last summer.

I know you guys want to see the team do badly, but the fact is some really talented attacking players have been added to a a sturdy defence and midfield that both really came on last season.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:45:42 PM »
We have sold our best 2 attackers.

FWIW I'm not saying these signings are bad, I don't care either way. They're just not made with any attention to success on the pitch.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 1 August 2019, 03:45:59 PM »

I've never heard you say a signing is bad.

I prefer to watch them first.

Unless it's obvious, like Colback for example, which was just ridiculous.