Author Topic: Nabil Bentaleb  (Read 10737 times)

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • Ja Funmi
Re: Nabil Bentaleb
« Reply #200 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 06:19:25 PM »
He’s crap but he’s also been thrown into a shocking system after not playing any football of note for 6 months.
What player would look good in this scenario? There are two fit midfielders on the bench that can play the same role. It simply doesn't make sense that he is starting when he is the definition of a player that needs to ease in and work on his fitness.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #201 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 07:11:51 PM »
It’s hard for all our players, new and seasoned, good and s*** and doubly hard for players the club signs with no real point to which is often the case. The players Rafa signed for a purpose often were only signed because they were cheap and would at least keep him happy, and it speaks volumes he made a team out of these kind of players.

Joelinton could have cost £1 and unless he’s signed to provide the manager and team a specific quality, role, position or use, he will remain a pointless signing, whatever he cost. Whatever his wages, whatever his age, whatever his potential.

That’s the absolute f***ed up false economy that exists at NUFC when it comes to player recruitment.

And on top that, they bring in these players and throw them to the likes of Bruce.

In many ways I feel nothing but absolute pity for every single one of them and feel like they are nothing but pegs in the locker room. If Ashley had his own way, he’d have SD staff in there on zero hour contracts with no obligation than to wear the shirt and smile.

What separated the likes of Ba and Cabaye from say Joelinton and whoever is these players actually had ability that not even Pardew could extinguish enough to put out their flame for good. Enough to get them better moves at least.

Joelinton has zero football talent beyond the basics, he has more physical ability than he does football. And he’s being played up front on his own, isolated and expected to score goals. And when he doesn’t because durgh... the manager keeps playing him up front, refrains from signing a goalscorer to alternate ormhelp him out and then tells everyone he’s not interested in scoring anyway... he’s destined to f***ing bomb.

My pity only extends so far though, he was happy to sign on and collect his wages and he’s shown nothing in terms of desire, work-rate, determination and a stronger mentality to say hey, I may be s***, I may not be a number 9, but I’m gonna leave it all out there every time I play. And that I can’t forgive. You may as well give his number to Elias or keep an Armstrong on. Or play with ten men...

Or you could just give up trying to be a football club and leave it to the pros.

I could cry if I didn’t have this hatred of it all in me.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Online xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #202 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 07:37:35 PM »
Well you either sign players to fit a specific plan, or you make a gameplan to work around what you have. 2 can then lead to 1 as well. Bruce does neither. No point buying him any of "his" players because he doesn't do tactics. You literally have to just scattergun and hope you get some good ones.

Online Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #203 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 08:09:41 PM »
Reports on FB that Bentaleb flicked the V's at visiting fans today as he left the field. Can anyone confirm?
The truth points to itself

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 08:15:30 PM »
Fingers crossed  :aww:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #205 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 08:17:43 PM »
Nah, they’re apart.

Offline Disco

« Reply #206 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 08:26:12 PM »
Reports on FB that Bentaleb flicked the V's at visiting fans today as he left the field. Can anyone confirm?

f*** yes :lol:

Online xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #207 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 08:28:54 PM »
Tweet appears to have first come from Mr "United by Cancer, Divided by leagues."

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #208 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 08:47:09 PM »

If he's done that then it's obviously because he was getting grief from the travelling fans. I swear we are turning into Sunderland. :lol:

Online Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #209 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 09:44:21 PM »
Bentaleb has denied it, according to twitter. Says he was waving at friends who were in with wor lot.
The truth points to itself

Offline Disco

« Reply #210 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 10:05:40 PM »
Yuuuuuuuuuurs.

North Africans>>>>

Offline sugoinufc

• General Member
« Reply #211 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 11:07:37 PM »
we should not sign him in the summer. Today was really bad, but his lack of speed alone should be reason enough.

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #212 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 11:10:27 PM »
Bang average

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #213 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 11:17:15 PM »
we should not sign him in the summer. Today was really bad, but his lack of speed alone should be reason enough.

If we’re in the championship he might do a job.

Offline Toonjam88

• General Member
« Reply #214 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 11:59:42 PM »
Hayden must be p*ssed off having this pile of s*** getting a game ahead of him.

Offline The Ideal Crash

• Paddy with a Northern Soul
« Reply #215 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 12:02:54 AM »
He’s not very good at all really. And he’s ahead of Matty and Hayden?

Seems like pure stubbornness from Steve Bruce not wanting to admit that he got it wrong with his loan signings.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #216 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 10:51:08 AM »
Must say i was really not impressed with him when he was playing for Tottenham, surprised when i heard he became a really good player for Schalke but now seeing him again he's the same player i originally thought he was, he's a very basic midfielder and doesn't have much about him.

Offline jackyboy

• General Member
« Reply #217 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 10:58:15 AM »
This guy brings nothing that Hayden or Mattie can't do, absolutely pointless.  The 3 new signings bring us nothing.  I prefer Ritchie to Rose and Lazaro is a square peg in a round hole
I went out with a girl once and she asked me to kiss her where it was wet and smelly...........So I took her to Middlesbrough

Online loki679

• General Member
« Reply #218 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 11:06:51 AM »
Utterly anonymous.  A bland, middle of the road, bang average regen.  Get Matty in.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #219 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 01:03:25 PM »
He’s not very good at all really. And he’s ahead of Matty and Hayden?

Seems like pure stubbornness from Steve Bruce not wanting to admit that he got it wrong with his loan signings.

I doubt HE got it wrong tbf. He probably knew as much about our January signings as he did our summer ones. The difference is, he's desperate to chuck in new players without having any idea what they bring to the table. Compare that to Rafa who would take months before introducing a new player unless they were onboard with how the team operated.

Bruce doesn't really know what his style is so he just chucks players in and sees what happens.