Author Topic: Joelinton  (Read 64787 times)

Offline Ikon

• General Member
Re: Joelinton
« Reply #1475 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 04:16:25 PM »
Think Mitro is a better finisher for sure, but he's very 1 paced and is more hit or miss on the contribution to the overall play. Stupid to say but Rondon with ASM and Miggy flanking him would be banging in goals.

Yeah Rondon with these two would have been nice. Wouldn't mind seeing someone signed in the mould of Loic Remy playing up front centrally. He's not your typical target man but I think it would work unless he received the balls in face height. Good finisher with great movement and pace plus being able to play as a wide forward.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #1476 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10:19:24 AM »
Unlike Newcastle fans to write someone off too early.

Be honest is he any better than Mitrovic a guy that is now a championship player and one who couldnt get a game under Rafa in the championship on a regular basis

Yes. He is.

By miles.

Will he score more than Mitro did in the prem?

Probably not.

"is he any better than Mitrovic" was what I responded to. It's not his fault he's being shoehorned into a role he's patently never played before and doesn't look suited to.

I wouldn't know Mitro's record for us or Fulham, but I'm flat out saying Joelinton is "any better" than Mitrovic.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #1477 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10:51:45 AM »
We're a better team with Joelinton in it than we are without him in it, the exact opposite of the Mitrovic situation.

FWIW I think we'll stay up this season, regardless of how many goals Joelinton scores.

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #1478 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 11:38:02 AM »
FWIW I think we'll stay up this season, regardless of how many goals Joelinton scores.

How truly, truly PATHETIC it is, that we should have to even 'think' about that.

How low have we fallen, it is a constant embarrassment !!

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #1479 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 11:40:13 AM »

How truly, truly PATHETIC it is, that we should have to even 'think' about that.

You must be new. Welcome to N-O.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1480 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 12:15:27 PM »

We finished 13th and made an FA Cup Final with Barnes & Shearer scoring 7 each in all comps. We’d kill for a season like that now. :lol:
?s=21

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1481 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 12:44:17 PM »

We finished 13th and made an FA Cup Final with Barnes & Shearer scoring 7 each in all comps. We’d kill for a season like that now. :lol:

It's still on.

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #1482 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 12:53:34 PM »

You must be new. Welcome to N-O.

NOT new to here at all !!!!!

My point here is that (pathetically) we DO have to think like that.

It is not us posters / fans being 'negative', it is our brain-dead owner that has forced our club into the "nothingness" that it is currently stuck in.

Not us . . THEM.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #1483 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 12:54:01 PM »

It's still on.

Half of it certainly is.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1484 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 01:22:17 PM »

Wiki says Barnes got 6 goals for us (pedantic i know  :lol:)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #1485 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 01:33:19 PM »
I knew it was 6, I had that rank away kit with his name on the back :lol:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1486 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 02:35:46 PM »

6 league, 1 cup wasn’t it? Sure he scored in the Champions League.
?s=21

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #1487 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 03:56:03 PM »

One of them an absolute peach at Upton park
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #1488 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 04:02:37 PM »

Yep, in the dead rubber at home to Kiev.

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #1489 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 04:41:17 PM »

One of them an absolute peach at Upton park

Aye, outside of the left peg - sure it was a boiling day that!

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1490 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 06:46:03 PM »
The Rush and Barnes days, Dalglish, that away kit, strange times.

Better than now like.

Offline ujpest doza

• Thick as f*ck
  • General Member
« Reply #1491 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 07:47:09 PM »
And Shearer was injured and didn't play until the end of January as well.

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #1492 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10:46:08 PM »
And Shearer was injured and didn't play until the end of January as well.

Interesting post distortions !

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #1493 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 11:13:49 PM »
The Rush and Barnes days, Dalglish, that away kit, strange times.

Better than now like.

At least we were in the doldrums back than because of poor decision making and incompetence - 10x better than our current situation which is by deliberate design.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #1494 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
It was laughable but even then, as posted above, it was understandable as it was through incompetence, with the owners' intentions in the right place. Heck, Andreas Andersson & JDT might have been as bad as Joselu for us, but at least we thought we were signing some world class players instead of giving peanuts to Rafa for Hoss. Mind you, I will remember Rafa's time way more fondly than those days, only because of the big man.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #1495 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 04:14:48 PM »
Saw him in Tesco on friday, I mean I'm 99% sure it was him though he had his hood up. Bottled getting a picture or anything in case it wasnt :lol: . He's quite smaller built than I thought he would be
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Away Toon

• Heavy user of Pritt Stick
  • General Member
« Reply #1496 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 04:15:00 PM »
Expect our Brazilian Number 9 is off mixing with the national teams finest this international break.
Modern Capitalism: Giving arseholes self esteem since 1850

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #1497 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 04:16:21 PM »
Friday day time though, like 2ish? I mean I'm pretty damn sure it was him.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #1498 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:45:30 PM »
Expect our Brazilian Number 9 is off mixing with the national teams finest this international break.

He's not an international.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline Away Toon

• Heavy user of Pritt Stick
  • General Member
« Reply #1499 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 10:51:31 PM »
I know he’s not an international and there is a very good reason why.
Modern Capitalism: Giving arseholes self esteem since 1850