Author Topic: Steve 'work in progress' Bruce  (Read 663933 times)

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
Re: Steve Bruce
« Reply #17075 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 07:25:29 AM »
I actually like Steve Bruce even though he’s a s*** manager :(

Even he’s too good for this shower of c***s, owner, season ticket holders etc.

Guarantee that other c*** Luke Edwards will be slagging the appointment after a few months.

Are you on glue ?

Nah give it up in 2019...
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #17076 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 07:50:26 AM »
I love the term ‘we’ here, is this the same medical staff who worked under Rafa ? If so they have certainly changed their way of doing things.

"Unfortunately, he nicked a hamstring just before half time,” said Bruce. “We thought he was going to be OK, but he clearly wasn’t.”

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #17077 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 07:58:08 AM »
Bruce will be gone soon. Staveley will have someone employed in an analyst capacity assessing the club and its match performance data. With Ashley’s permission they may even have unrestricted access to the training ground and medical data too.

This analyst assuming they exist will be telling Staveley that Bruce is an increasing problem and this stuff will be getting fed back to Ashley and Barnes. This maybe the real source of Bruce’s outburst about his tactics before Burnley.

This analyst would get Bruce gone eventually.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #17078 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 08:01:25 AM »
Bruce will be gone soon. Staveley will have someone employed in an analyst capacity assessing the club and its match performance data. With Ashley’s permission they may even have unrestricted access to the training ground and medical data too.

This analyst assuming they exist will be telling Staveley that Bruce is an increasing problem and this stuff will be getting fed back to Ashley and Barnes. This maybe the real source of Bruce’s outburst about his tactics before Burnley.

This analyst would get Bruce gone eventually.

Not sure they’ll have an analyst at this stage, however Owen Brown seems very involved with consortium. He’s also close to Rafa, I would imagine his view has already been sought.

Offline Dan Gleebals

• General Member
« Reply #17079 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 08:19:54 AM »
You don’t need an analyst, could not be clearer what the issues are.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #17080 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 08:29:00 AM »
I think Mike Ashley knows how bad he is, he probably just hopes it can not be his problem.

Bruce's contract is actually a good indication of whether he still thinks it can get sold I reckon.

He's coming up to halfway through a 3 three year deal, and there's been not even the slightest press reports of a new contract for him. If they start appearing, that's a good sign we're stuck with Ashley.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #17081 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 08:29:33 AM »
I’m still annoyed at how utterly ridiculous yesterday was from the team sheet onwards. There’s no prospect of him being sacked or him walking away. We’re in Pardew territory again but I don’t think any club will be stupid enough to pay for him.

We’ll sleepwalk into relegation this year despite the squad improvement from last season.

Offline Hhtoon

• General Member
« Reply #17082 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 08:38:24 AM »
Shearer was pretty damning, though could tell he was softening the delivery of it and don't think he mentioned Bruce at all.

Offline Cronky

• General Member
« Reply #17083 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 08:45:52 AM »
"We were in it until the 85th min"

Only because they missed a pen and scored our goal for us. :lol:

You're being a bit harsh there. Weirdly, we were still in it at that point. We were creating the occasional decent chance eg when De Gea saved from Wilson.

I didn't think it was a pen. I can accept players going to ground when they've been impeded in getting the ball by some slight push or whatever that deliberately throws them off balance. But Lewis was withdrawing his foot and the contact had no impact on the situation.

The own goal was created by us putting pressure on their defence through a good counter attack.

Ultimately, they were the better side with better players, and we're a very boring team to watch. We've seen games like that countless times. It boils down to whether you think a different manager could get better results from our current squad. I'm not convinced of that. We still have the glaring problem of a lack of pace and technique in central midfield.
People generalise too much.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #17084 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 08:59:45 AM »
Heaviest home defeat in 6 years

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
  • In Bruce they trust
« Reply #17085 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:06:25 AM »
I love the term ‘we’ here, is this the same medical staff who worked under Rafa ? If so they have certainly changed their way of doing things.

"Unfortunately, he nicked a hamstring just before half time,” said Bruce. “We thought he was going to be OK, but he clearly wasn’t.”

:lol: I'm baffled by this turn of phrase. 'Tweaked' his hamstring, surely?

You 'nick' your finger cutting something with a knife, for example. Or he actually means Hayden was away stealing a hamstring. No wonder we were getting overran if so...
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #17086 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:08:13 AM »
It boils down to whether you think a different manager could get better results from our current squad. I'm not convinced of that.

I mean I've read some s*** on this site but this takes the f***ing cake.

The balloon we have now replaced a manager that got more out of a worse group of players. Carlo has turned up at Everton and while they've spent you could see he was better than what went before him the moment he turned up. Mourinho is turning it around at Spurs.

If you honestly think another manager couldn't get more from this group of players I don't think you understand football tbph. Don't mean that to sound nasty or anything it's just the only conclusion I can reach.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #17087 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:09:50 AM »
Yeah that's a mad statement by Cronky. Nearly every other manager in the league could get better use of this squad

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #17088 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:12:49 AM »
That’s normally a line used to push the blame back at Ashley, which is fair do, but I’d take every other manager in the Premier League (and a few from the Championship) over Bruce and have confidence we’d be better on the pitch.
?s=21

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #17089 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:18:13 AM »

No idea who nicked their hamstring in that incident, but it was clear as day that Darlow had groin problems in the second half and he wasn't hiding it. I can only assume Gillespie must be catastrophically s**** that Bruce wasn't willing to use him as one of his substitutes. In which case why even have him on the bench?

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #17090 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:26:09 AM »
"We were in it until the 85th min"

Only because they missed a pen and scored our goal for us. :lol:

You're being a bit harsh there. Weirdly, we were still in it at that point. We were creating the occasional decent chance eg when De Gea saved from Wilson.

I didn't think it was a pen. I can accept players going to ground when they've been impeded in getting the ball by some slight push or whatever that deliberately throws them off balance. But Lewis was withdrawing his foot and the contact had no impact on the situation.

The own goal was created by us putting pressure on their defence through a good counter attack.

Ultimately, they were the better side with better players, and we're a very boring team to watch. We've seen games like that countless times. It boils down to whether you think a different manager could get better results from our current squad. I'm not convinced of that. We still have the glaring problem of a lack of pace and technique in central midfield.

Pace and technique in central midfield doesn't come cheap. Well it can do, but not at under 25 yrs old.

Offline Joe_F

• General Member
« Reply #17091 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
?s=19

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #17092 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:17:35 AM »
This fat sack of crap still our manager this morning then?

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #17093 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:21:25 AM »
It’s pointless even discussing it but I’d like to see what Howe could do with our forward players. Just don’t let him sign his own players and he should be fine. He can’t be worse than Bruce that’s for sure.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #17094 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:23:49 AM »
Don't really get the clamour for Howe personally. Can see him getting a 'big' job and exposing himself as the lower league manager who did an unbelievable job with a club where he was very much woven into the fabric.

Hope Bruce goes absolutely nowhere until the takeover is completed.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #17095 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:26:40 AM »

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #17096 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:28:12 AM »
I don’t think he’ll ever be a top manager like was suggested for a while but he’d almost certainly provide better football than what we’ve got. I also think any takeover will only happen if we’re a Premier League club and I just don’t see us keep dodging that bullet under Bruce.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #17097 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:29:01 AM »
Conversation

Alex Hurst
@tfalex1892
In 8 selected games #nufc games this year we have allowed 186 shots on our goal

Chelsea (19)
Everton (15)
Norwich (18)
Arsenal (15)
Palace (18)
Man C (23)
Spurs (23)
Man Utd (28)

It isn’t working Steve

Offline GWN

• General Member
« Reply #17098 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:30:18 AM »
The blokes a f***ing genius man leave him alone . :lol:
Returning NUFC fan after a long time away.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #17099 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 11:37:17 AM »
?s=20

:lol: