Author Topic: Steve 'work in progress' Bruce  (Read 656703 times)

Hoogen, LionOfGosforth, Chike, cannybagoftudor, Crayola Kid, a random player who doesn't even play for us any more (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TRon

• General Member
Re: Steve Bruce
« Reply #17050 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:12:25 PM »
"We were in it until the 85th min"

Only because they missed a pen and scored our goal for us. :lol:

Offline marki

• General Member
« Reply #17051 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:13:31 PM »
To be fair no club in their right mind goes from Rafa to Steve Bruce. The club is a joke.

:sadnod:
  good point

Offline Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #17052 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:19:16 PM »
Someone said a few days ago, that we are now in 'Souness' territory where Cabbageheed is concerned. Back then, Shepherd pulled the trigger when the wheels came off. How long will Ashley wait?
The truth points to itself

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #17053 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:21:20 PM »
He’ll wait until it’s far far too late

He won’t splash out on any compo and will be enough of a gambler to reckon the team we’ll stay up.

The only way Bruce is going is if he has a major health problem

Offline Keggy_Keagal

• General Member
« Reply #17054 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:23:28 PM »
Ashley won't sack Bruce unless we're past the January window and we're in the bottom three. More chance of Bruce folding under the criticism from fans and walking. Especially once fans are back at St James' .

Offline Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #17055 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:27:40 PM »
Has Bruce ever resigned from a role when things weren't going well for him?
The truth points to itself

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #17056 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:31:58 PM »
still unbelievable he thought it was a good idea to start joelinton at right wing.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #17057 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:32:08 PM »
Technically he resigned from Sheff Wed

Offline Absolute Elsewhere

• General Member
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #17058 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:40:18 PM »
Most useless clueless NUFC manager of the last 30 years and a disgrace he even has the job.
Whose that team we call Yanited!

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #17059 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 11:41:43 PM »
Bet he’s starting to feel a bit pressure and that’s with playing in empty stadiums.
?s=21

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #17060 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:14:23 AM »
Bet he’s starting to feel a bit pressure and that’s with playing in empty stadiums.

Not sure why he would, he’s on course to get the point a game he needs to stay up.

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #17061 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:36:11 AM »

Not sure why he would, he’s on course to get the point a game he needs to stay up.

:lol: top and bottom of it.

He doesn't get any pressure, he does what he's been hired to do.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #17062 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 01:05:18 AM »
“I wonder if the linesman had flagged earlier (for offside), rather than waiting for it with that ridiculous rule, then who knows, it might have been averted.

Aye but also then keeping him on for the rest of the game probably didn't help you welpnuckle.

Question is, can we cope with Fat Sam returning when Bruce eventually does walk or get the boot?
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline The Ideal Crash

• General Member
  • Paddy with a Northern Soul
« Reply #17063 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 01:14:11 AM »
“I wonder if the linesman had flagged earlier (for offside), rather than waiting for it with that ridiculous rule, then who knows, it might have been averted.

Aye but also then keeping him on for the rest of the game probably didn't help you welpnuckle.

Question is, can we cope with Fat Sam returning when Bruce eventually does walk or get the boot?

I hate Allardyce far more than Bruce but I’ll also admit that he’s a far better manager. What he sets out to do is ugly but it’s effective when it works but the main difference is that he knows exactly how to get his team playing this way.

Can there not be a reality where neither of these dinosaurs ever works again?

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #17064 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 01:14:34 AM »
Most useless clueless NUFC manager of the last 30 years and a disgrace he even has the job.

I thought Carver would never be surpassed as Worst Toon Manager, but Brewcie’s making a determined effort to take the title
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ◼◻◼◻◼◻◼
« Reply #17065 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 02:02:12 AM »
Eddie Howe please!
"The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #17066 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 02:12:39 AM »

I thought Carver would never be surpassed as Worst Toon Manager, but Brewcie’s making a determined effort to take the title

He's s**** but you're off your tits if you think this.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #17067 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 02:24:33 AM »

He's s**** but you're off your tits if you think this.

On a related note it's gotten so tiring seeing 'worst manager ever', 'worst performance ever' etc on here over the years.

Nothing against those that say it as its obviously heat of the moment. Just kind of loses it's meaning when it's been said for like 5 managers in a decade. :lol:

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #17068 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 02:32:15 AM »
After years of being a sucker I handed my ST in the day Carver got the job. Any comparison to that genuine fraud is as misplaced as bad as the rest of them have been.

Yes, they're horrific but they can mask it by their mediocrity. He was other worldly.

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #17069 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 02:44:53 AM »
After years of being a sucker I handed my ST in the day Carver got the job. Any comparison to that genuine fraud is as misplaced as bad as the rest of them have been.

Yes, they're horrific but they can mask it by their mediocrity. He was other worldly.

Colo’a letter, never forget. :lol:
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #17070 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 05:37:59 AM »
Can we talk about how he gets called a geordie by the way? He's from much further away to Newcastle than I am but I could never get away with calling myself a geordie  :lol:

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #17071 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 05:42:04 AM »
I don't remember hating Joe f***ing Kinnear as our manager as I much as I hate Bruce. I hated Bruce even before he was appointed.

Offline GideonShandy

• General Member
« Reply #17072 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 06:10:51 AM »
Has he said anything about rolling up sleeves or pulling up socks or getting back to basics yet?

Online Sima

• General Member
« Reply #17073 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 06:12:13 AM »

Colo’a letter, never forget. :lol:

Also throwing Mike Williamson under the bus and offering to fight Neesy down Southampton.

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #17074 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 07:04:48 AM »
The fact he also sent Hayden out for the 2nd half after injuring his hamstring was another master stroke. Not only does he not have any concept of tactics, the mismanagement of injuries at every club he’s been to is testament to his general incompetence.

The most damning statistic for me however is 10 times now in his 43 games we have lost by 3 goals or more. This was a team well drilled who rarely lost by more than 1 goal to even the top clubs.

This nonsense that he is trying to change our style needs put to bed, he doesn’t have any style of play and he f***ing knows it.