Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I'm actually impressed that he's shown any inclination for detail. I mean it's not exactly cutting edge stuff, but for someone who seems to have almost no reputation for the more technical aspects of coaching or methods, it's something.

He was on SSN saying he's checked the average points of the last 5 years and it was about 42, doesn't sound right but no fucking way can I be arsed proving otherwise [emoji38]

He’s right unfortunately. (Well nearer 43 but still shite).

49, 39, 37, 44, 45.

It's the use of the phrase 'wonderful opportunity' that tickles me.

He was on SSN saying he's checked the average points of the last 5 years and it was about 42, doesn't sound right but no fucking way can I be arsed proving otherwise [emoji38]

49, 39, 37, 44, 45.

It's the use of the phrase 'wonderful opportunity' that tickles me.

He's just been on the local news;

"We've worked so hard to get into this situation and we have to make sure we don't fall off the cliff and it's important that we finish the job off"!

:lol:

I'm actually impressed that he's shown any inclination for detail. I mean it's not exactly cutting edge stuff, but for someone who seems to have almost no reputation for the more technical aspects of coaching or methods, it's something.

Reputations can sometimes be based on assumptions though. How much do we really know about his coaching methods?

49, 39, 37, 44, 45.

Who was managing us in those seasons?

Pardew/Carver/McClaren+Rafa/Rafa/Rafa?

He's useless, but not hatable. He's just a regular bloke trying his best with his hometown club. If it had the layering of shit and arrogance that Pardew served up on a daily basis, or the sheer embarrassment of anything Kinnear or Carver said in press conferences, or the lack-of-caring attitude of McClaren, i.e. he always seemed to walk away or get sacked very early into contracts, especially in the Championship, I'd be inclined to loathe him more.

All I feel is apathy, this is our true limbo. A place where fans can't openly criticise a manager who's obviously out of his depth, catapulted into a position with a club he had no right being near (very Pardew-esque in that regard mind).

At best Bruce is just irrelevant, at least it should help focus the fanbase amongst the casuals onto the real issues here, i.e. the ownership of the club.

Guest chopey

Since he walked through the door he seems like a really nice bloke and the players speak highly of him, but the way he has left clubs in the shit in the past speaks volumes about him as a person

Since he walked through the door he seems like a really nice bloke and the players speak highly of him, but the way he has left clubs in the shit in the past speaks volumes about him as a person

Aye, he was quick to fuck Sheff Wed off after they bent over backwards for him at the start of his appointment. He screwed them over in favour of working with Ashley.

When Ashley sells up Bruce will be first out the door. What goes around comes around.

49, 39, 37, 44, 45.

We won the championship with one of those points totals?

49, 39, 37, 44, 45.

And SB finished 32 points behind us

49, 39, 37, 44, 45.

After spending nearly £14m more!

49, 39, 37, 44, 45.

When people state SB is better than Rafa, this is the comparison that should be made as both played the same opposition but Rafa managed 52% more points......

Guest Butcher

He’s right unfortunately. (Well nearer 43 but still s****).

49, 39, 37, 44, 45.

We had the most expensive squad in Championship history :lol:

A Wigan supporting friend of mine told me that when he left them for the first time to go to Crystal Palace, in his CP press conference, when asked why he left Wigan, said "Why shop at Asda when you can shop at Waitrose"

Reputations can sometimes be based on assumptions though. How much do we really know about his coaching methods?

Kind of the point isn't it? If he had any decently effective methods, then surely players/pundits/colleagues would be highlighting lauding them?

Rafa had a reputation for attention to detail and drilling methods into players

Klopp likes high energy pressing...

Guardiola likes his players to make a pass or two...

Wilder goes for rigid team discipline with hard workers

Wenger wanted players to pass the ball until two yards from goal

Fergie just scared the hell out of everyone so his team won

All i see from Bruce is let the other team have the ball, hope they make a mistake and let ASM/Almiron/Joelinton  run 40/50 yards with the ball to see if they can beat the keeper.

Most decent managers have at least one decent and memorable team through their career. I can't really think of any for Bruce. Birmingham with Dugarry maybe? Possibly that Wigan team that fluked their way to the final then got hammered by the first good team they played?

Robson liked pace and directness

Kind of the point isn't it? If he had any decently effective methods, then surely players/pundits/colleagues would be highlighting lauding them?

All i see from Bruce is let the other team have the ball, hope they make a mistake and let ASM/Almiron/Joelinton  run 40/50 yards with the ball to see if they can beat the keeper.

Most decent managers have at least one decent and memorable team through their career. I can't really think of any for Bruce. Birmingham with Dugarry maybe? Possibly that Wigan team that fluked their way to the final then got hammered by the first good team they played?

Paul Jewell was manager of Wigan in that final.

Paul Jewell was manager of Wigan in that final.

My bad, but shows how memorable Bruce's time was there

Exactly. These old school British managers seem to have built a reputation on character rather than anything more specific, Souness and Pardew were prime examples, and Bruce is another one in the same tradition. Eddie Howe might be having a rough time of it now, but he is one of the newer breed who's team have an identity.

Steve Bruce's football identity is he's a very nice man mostly. If there's more beyond the surface, then he should blame his mates in the media for not shouting about those credentials more.

Souness won trophies like

At Liverpool where he took over a team already winning them, and went downhill the longer he stayed there. And at Rangers where only two teams win trophies and it usually depends on which one has more money at the time.

Guest reefatoon

You know, you know, you know. Strange words to constantly say when you never have a clue.

14th in the table and "We've got ourselves into a wonderful situation" according to Bruce in his pre match interview there.

Sums the bloke up basically, he knows his own self worth, and it's obviously not much.