Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Is this weirder than the Kinnear days? Hoy a poll up.

I think the fact that it all comes after deliberately getting rid of a world class manager means it is.

I reckon so. That didn't have the hindsight of everything else for them to potentially learn from and a much stronger squad to think we could stay up. This is Ashley basically blowing his and the club's face off  (PL survival, a competent manager, making any money) because doing that includes spiting its nose (the remaining fans that give a shit)

completely agree, the kinnear/shearer/hughton period we were all putting it down to incompetence, innocent bad decisions etc. but this is just self-immolation

Can’t say I agree like. After the Keegan safa when Kinnear got appointed I was genuinely shocked. Heck, I didn’t even know who Joe Kinnear was. So much shit has gone on since I have to say something like today’s news hardly registers anymore. I have long since given up any hope for this club under Ashley, and I actually applaud such catastrophic decisions now rather than wondering about why they get made. Let’s see how bad it can get before the fans that flock to St James’ no matter what finally have enough and stop supporting Ashley ruining this club they claim to love.

can't agree with which bit?  from the moment keegan went, it was very chaotic and marked the first series of wildcard decisions that ashley made imo...before that point he didn't do too much and we all thought it was a reaction to the keegan reaction, if you see what i mean

10 years later we can see that it's just the way the cunt operates

Couldn't agree with Rafa leaving to be replaced by Bruce being "weirder" on the Mike Ashley scale of madness than Keegan's constructive dismissal followed by Joe fucking Kinnear taking over. I take Optimistic Nut's point that Kinnear was (supposed to be) a temporary appointment, but let's not forget that a month before that appointment Ashley was saying stuff like we were going to be competing the top four over time. Less than two weeks before that appointment Ashley came out and compared his vision of the club to Arsenal's. Yet who does he appoint? Someone I hadn't even heard of.

Meanwhile, 11 years later we have been relegated twice and are now firmly a lower midfield club at best, fighting relegation every bloody season we aren't down already. We have had to endure Joe Kinnear, Alan Pardew, John Carver and Steve McClaren. Steve Bruce's appointment is just about as to be expected for this cunt's level of ambition. The weird thing was Rafa coming here three years and staying as long as he did. Let's not pretend bringing in a world class manager was the norm and we've suddenly gone into a completely different direction.

this is why it's weirder on the scale for me :lol:

he has history and hindsight on his side now and is still making batshit insane decisions

Can't wait til his inevitable.

'They didn't give us a chance cos of wor Sunderland history' or some bollocks when you go on winless runs that will make Pardew wince.

I'm looking forward to it. I do have a modicum of sympathy though.

Can't wait til his inevitable.

'They didn't give us a chance cos of wor Sunderland history' or some bollocks when you go on winless runs that will make Pardew wince.

I'm looking forward to it. I do have a modicum of sympathy though.

Enjoy it, both clubs are an absolute disgrace. Supporters in the north east have been absolutely bent over and ploughed for years

Is this weirder than the Kinnear days? Hoy a poll up.

I think the fact that it all comes after deliberately getting rid of a world class manager means it is.

I reckon so. That didn't have the hindsight of everything else for them to potentially learn from and a much stronger squad to think we could stay up. This is Ashley basically blowing his and the club's face off  (PL survival, a competent manager, making any money) because doing that includes spiting its nose (the remaining fans that give a shit)

completely agree, the kinnear/shearer/hughton period we were all putting it down to incompetence, innocent bad decisions etc. but this is just self-immolation

Can’t say I agree like. After the Keegan safa when Kinnear got appointed I was genuinely shocked. Heck, I didn’t even know who Joe Kinnear was. So much shit has gone on since I have to say something like today’s news hardly registers anymore. I have long since given up any hope for this club under Ashley, and I actually applaud such catastrophic decisions now rather than wondering about why they get made. Let’s see how bad it can get before the fans that flock to St James’ no matter what finally have enough and stop supporting Ashley ruining this club they claim to love.

can't agree with which bit?  from the moment keegan went, it was very chaotic and marked the first series of wildcard decisions that ashley made imo...before that point he didn't do too much and we all thought it was a reaction to the keegan reaction, if you see what i mean

10 years later we can see that it's just the way the cunt operates

Couldn't agree with Rafa leaving to be replaced by Bruce being "weirder" on the Mike Ashley scale of madness than Keegan's constructive dismissal followed by Joe fucking Kinnear taking over. I take Optimistic Nut's point that Kinnear was (supposed to be) a temporary appointment, but let's not forget that a month before that appointment Ashley was saying stuff like we were going to be competing the top four over time. Less than two weeks before that appointment Ashley came out and compared his vision of the club to Arsenal's. Yet who does he appoint? Someone I hadn't even heard of.

Meanwhile, 11 years later we have been relegated twice and are now firmly a lower midfield club at best, fighting relegation every bloody season we aren't down already. We have had to endure Joe Kinnear, Alan Pardew, John Carver and Steve McClaren. Steve Bruce's appointment is just about as to be expected for this cunt's level of ambition. The weird thing was Rafa coming here three years and staying as long as he did. Let's not pretend bringing in a world class manager was the norm and we've suddenly gone into a completely different direction.

this is why it's weirder on the scale for me :lol:

he has history and hindsight on his side now and is still making batshit insane decisions

Fair enough mate. Maybe I just find it less weird because I don't expect anything positive anymore when NUFC are concerned. If you would have asked me who Ashley would get to replace Rafa the likes of Allardyce and Bruce would have featured quite highly on my list of educated guesses.

After the year he had losing his parents I have no idea what on Earth he is thinking in coming here to this total shitstorm. It could finish him off. He must be thick as fuck.

After all the shit that Ashley has pulled in the past, I'm struggling to even get annoyed by this woeful appointment.

It says a lot that I'm even quite pleased that I can go back to placing bets on us to lose so I can at least comfort myself with some monetary gains when watching us lose yet again.

Been away most of today...

Summary?

Hithere is back.

Fuck me. Read his comment at work earlier (didn't even look at the name) and carried on assuming it was another of our lot who were happy to see us burn :lol:

Sad state of affairs.