Author Topic: Steve Bruce  (Read 280275 times)

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: Steve Bruce
« Reply #9100 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 01:40:42 PM »
Oh we see the direction he's taking us alright. :lol:

" Taxi! Follow that car with Rafa in it, and don't lose it round the corners!"

Not losing people at corners is probably the only area that Bruce can improve upon Rafa.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #9101 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 02:35:10 PM »
I know matchdays are hard to judge a coaches input, but given that Antia was supposedly in charge of set-pieces we were never convincing. We seem better in that respect so far.
?s=21

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #9102 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 03:04:09 PM »
He can smell round corners

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #9103 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 03:15:50 PM »
I know matchdays are hard to judge a coaches input, but given that Antia was supposedly in charge of set-pieces we were never convincing. We seem better in that respect so far.

Having only watched one match I’m surprised we’re better at anything.

Are you sure we’re not just only scoring from set pieces and conceding more from open play?

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #9104 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 06:22:34 PM »

Especially if it’s the aroma of Gregg’s pasty

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #9105 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 11:47:56 PM »

Especially if it’s the aroma of Gregg’s pasty

Greg might have something to say about that.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #9106 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 11:59:45 PM »
This 'direction' is as clear and predictable as a Saint-Maximin dribble.

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #9107 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 12:20:04 AM »
Has anyone seen anything in any of our games to think that we're anything but utter s****, results aside?

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #9108 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 12:35:35 AM »
Has anyone seen anything in any of our games to think that we're anything but utter s****, results aside?

Decent keeper and quite a bit of pace.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #9109 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:48:25 AM »
This 'direction' is as clear and predictable as a Saint-Maximin dribble.

Pinning the lot on that guy is the direction.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #9110 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 10:42:39 AM »

Decent keeper and quite a bit of pace.

All down to Bruce having them running faster in training.

Offline jackyboy

• General Member
« Reply #9111 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 11:25:51 AM »
Truth is, if Bruce won the treble here I'd still hate and never ever respect the guy.  I've always dreaded having him as manager when we were linked in the past and I still feel the same about him now
I went out with a girl once and she asked me to kiss her where it was wet and smelly...........So I took her to Middlesbrough

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9112 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:04:15 PM »
Truth is, if Bruce won the treble here I'd still hate and never ever respect the guy.  I've always dreaded having him as manager when we were linked in the past and I still feel the same about him now

If Bruce won the treble, you'd still hate him and never respect him? WTF :lol: :lol:

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #9113 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:42:49 PM »

If Bruce won the treble, you'd still hate him and never respect him? WTF :lol: :lol:

It's called principles. Doubtful if you've ever had any, so understandable you don't understand what he means.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #9114 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:02:18 PM »

If Bruce wins the treble, I'll wear Lady Gaga's skin in Fenwick's window.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #9115 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:03:14 PM »

It's called principles. Doubtful if you've ever had any, so understandable you don't understand what he means.

That's bollocks like, there isn't anybody who would fail to respect someone who won the treble unless he was insane.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #9116 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:05:08 PM »
f*** me, I'd respect him if he finished top 10. Kind of a moot point anyway, it's like saying I'd tell Cheryl Cole to f*** off if she asked for my number.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9117 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:33:33 PM »

The most ludicrous post I've ever seen.  :fool:

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #9118 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:36:05 PM »

Well, by that logic you'd respect anyone if they won something, no matter what a despicable c*** they actually are. Fair enough.

Theres a huge difference between respecting an achievement and respecting a person.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #9119 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:42:30 PM »

Well, by that logic you'd respect anyone if they won something, no matter what a despicable c*** they actually are. Fair enough.

Theres a huge difference between respecting an achievement and respecting a person.

How do you respect the achievement without giving the person the credit for it? Do you pretend it was all someone else's work all along?

I never liked Alex Ferguson but I could respect him as a manager.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #9120 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:58:14 PM »
Does anyone respect Pardew for finishing 5th ?
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #9121 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:59:16 PM »

I respect him for finishing 5th, however I still think he's a c***.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9122 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:59:47 PM »

I respect him for finishing 5th, however I still think he's a c***.

Exactly.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #9123 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 03:02:24 PM »
Fair play if that's your opinion.
Personally, I will never respect him. He did nothing in my eyes to earn it. I think we finished 5th in spite of him, not because of him.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #9124 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 03:06:31 PM »

No. We finished 5th despite his efforts, not because of them. I said this at the time so this isn't hindsight.