Author Topic: Steve Bruce  (Read 200750 times)

11Tino11, imChris, Timothy K, TimoB, gbandit, Skelly (+ 1 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Thumbheed

• General Member
Re: Steve Bruce
« Reply #6525 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 09:18:32 pm »
Like him or not, one thing’s for sure, he’s under a lot of pressure to get things right as fast as possible. Faster than probably most managers of NUFC have been afforded. I hope he does. Got a lot of work to do based on the second half vs Arsenal.

I don't think he's under any pressure. Any pressure from the crowd is nullified by the fact that Ashley doesn't care what the crowd thinks so he'll gamble to the very end.

I don't see any example of the crowd's will influencing any of Ashley's decisions.

Things won't be difference this time.

The only pressure will come from poor results. That is the same for any manager, certainly was for Rafa when he went on a bad run. He was big enough to take the pressure and cool enough to stick to his methods. That is where I have no faith at all in Bruce as I don't believe he has any real method. He will just chop and change in blind hope like Pardew did, and I expect to see similar results.

Pressure from who? The fans? So what? It's not pressure when it doesn't lead to anything, it's just loud noise at worse. The only pressure fans can exert is by not being there.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #6526 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 09:24:42 pm »
Craig Hope absolutely went in on him after 1 match - and will likely do so all season if it continues.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Thumbheed

• General Member
« Reply #6527 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 09:32:14 pm »
I'm interested to see if these superfans can stick with it when the inevitable happens.

My guess is they'll double down.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #6528 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 09:46:29 pm »
Not sure if this has been mentioned at any time:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bruce-never-dreamed-managing-newcastle-1455506.amp?__twitter_impression=true

BY JAMES HUNTER12:00, 5 JUN 2009UPDATED13:23, 27 FEB 2013

NEW Sunderland boss Steve Bruce insists it was never his dream to manage his boyhood idols Newcastle.

Bruce left his post at Wigan to sign a three-year contract on Wearside this week, admitting that this was the chance he had been waiting his whole managerial career for.

LOL, this just backs up the statement I made in the Ashley thread re the Fifth Estate being dead. This is exactly the sort of thing that should be brought up. Historical reference. But hardly anyone gives a s***. The majority move from soundbyte to soundbyte with next to no memory of what happened before.

The Romans had their circuses to keep the population distracted, when the crowds grew restless they would throw them some bread. Nothing has changed, literally nothing, just a different coat of paint.
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6529 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 09:59:33 pm »
Craig Hope absolutely went in on him after 1 match - and will likely do so all season if it continues.

Surprising but he really did
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #6530 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:15:27 pm »
I just can’t stand this t*** (Bruce) - ruined an entire season after just 1 match - hate everything about the fuckwit

Offline Johneddy

• General Member
« Reply #6531 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:22:28 pm »
He already makes Rafa look immense - proven failure vs world class act
Something you will never hear:
"And Mike Ashley proudly holds the trophy aloft..."

Offline Fitzgerald

• General Member
« Reply #6532 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:23:11 pm »
I just can’t stand this t*** (Bruce) - ruined an entire season after just 1 match - hate everything about the fuckwit

He will be the most hated manager in our history no doubt

Online ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #6533 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:33:55 pm »
He looks like he's got scurvy or something.

Offline Fitzgerald

• General Member
« Reply #6534 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:39:57 pm »
 :lol:  :lol:

He's a horrible b******

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #6535 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:02:47 pm »

He managed to get Alex Bruce to delete his account as well.

Hope 1 Bruce Family 0
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6536 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:04:37 pm »
Can p*ssed Ashley not join Twitter like Trump ?
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #6537 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:05:45 pm »

He's already on twitter.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #6538 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:08:10 pm »

@moneymikeashley while a parody does an eerily good impression of the fat prick
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Online ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #6539 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:09:32 pm »
Pand ruined it for me.  :lol:

Offline Fitzgerald

• General Member
« Reply #6540 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 12:21:52 am »
This c*** still here!? Do one steve your not wanted

Offline Disco

« Reply #6541 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 01:20:35 am »
He’ll have at least 10 games at least because of last season.

Like it or loath it there’s a large portion of Crumpyesque localite fans that are Bruce > Rafa. This is their dream. They’ve waited three years for this and they’re going to support their man blindly no matter what.

That he has personally purchased Andy Carroll will buy him more time too. Come 16th and he’ll be lauded as a saviour at the end of the season. His only downfall might be not mentioning he’s local enough.

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #6542 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 05:18:06 am »

Its run by a member or RTG the mackem groomers site,its their pisstake,sure it's that female poster.
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #6543 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 05:29:27 am »

Its run by a member or RTG the mackem groomers site,its their pisstake,sure it's that female poster.

Is it? Because the vibe I got it is that it was a frustrated Newcastle fan... or at least someone sympathetic - it turned from light p*ss taking to just pure rage when Rafa walked.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #6544 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 05:31:41 am »
He managed to get Alex Bruce to delete his account as well.
Hope 1 Bruce Family 0
Really? :lol:
What an idiot.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline gazzaA2

• General Member
« Reply #6545 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 08:08:10 am »

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bruce-never-dreamed-managing-newcastle-1455506.amp?__twitter_impression=true

NEW Sunderland boss Steve Bruce insists it was never his dream to manage his boyhood idols Newcastle.

Bruce left his post at Wigan to sign a three-year contract on Wearside this week, admitting that this was the chance he had been waiting his whole managerial career for.

LOL, this just backs up the statement I made in the Ashley thread re the Fifth Estate being dead. This is exactly the sort of thing that should be brought up. Historical reference. But hardly anyone gives a s***. The majority move from soundbyte to soundbyte with next to no memory of what happened before.

The Romans had their circuses to keep the population distracted, when the crowds grew restless they would throw them some bread. Nothing has changed, literally nothing, just a different coat of paint.

Why would any Newcastle fan leave a stable Premier League job to go and manage Sunderland?

He wouldn't. Bruce is a mercenary. Managed Villa despite being Birmingham manager for 5 years and burned his bridges there.

The idea of Bruce of some local hero is embarrassing.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6546 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 08:09:07 am »

Why would any Newcastle fan leave a stable Premier League job to go and manage Sunderland?

He wouldn't. Bruce is a mercenary. Managed Villa despite being Birmingham manager for 5 years and burned his bridges there

Managed both Sheffield clubs as well.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6547 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 08:16:43 am »
I don’t hold the Sunderland thing against him or even him taking the job on. I hold being incompetent at this level against him though.
?s=21

Offline gazzaA2

• General Member
« Reply #6548 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 08:44:10 am »
I don’t hold the Sunderland thing against him or even him taking the job on. I hold being incompetent at this level against him though.

I hold it against him in terms of his supposed credentials as a big Newcastle fan.

Not like he even went there to get back in work, he walked out on a mid table Prem team at the time to go there.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #6549 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 09:12:14 am »
Surely Ashley is going to stick with his new mate Brewcie as the SS NUFC sinks into the hopefully terminal depths of the Championship? Surely in hiring the man, Ashley accepts the possibility or even likelihood of relegation?
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler