Author Topic: Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club  (Read 44334 times)

Offline D. Yimentov

• General Member
Re: Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club
« Reply #1000 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 10:38:17 PM »
Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.

No offense lads but that stuff is just pathetic horseshit, aye he's crap but his signing in his past jobs are from all over the world, he's many things but not what you're inferring there like.

Exactly. He doesn't care if you're black, brown, yellow (orientals make very good workers).

And he's signed El-Mohammady seven times.
мы любим футбол, но футбол не любит нас

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #1001 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 12:46:20 AM »
Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.

No offense lads but that stuff is just pathetic horseshit, aye he's crap but his signing in his past jobs are from all over the world, he's many things but not what you're inferring there like.

Exactly. He doesn't care if you're black, brown, yellow (orientals make very good workers).

Its certainly not what I was inferring. He's always been more than happy to sign foreign players, even early on in his career. Christoph Dugarry saved his Birmingham side from relegation one year.

I dont think the blood and thunder comment is about that though. If anything, its his rejection of modern tactics that have been shaped on the continent and that attitude of many of his contemporaries such as Pardew, O'Neil and Moyes that grit, determination and team spirit are more important than well thought out game plans. You could even argue that tactical nous is more important than ever in the premier league era.

How many managers have an initial flurry of success then fade away as they fail to replicate it when the game moves on? There's tonnes. The game adapts, the game changes and no more so than in the past few years. Managers have to learn to adapt to change, switch their methods up and incorporate new ideas. Look at Mourinho and his failure in his last two jobs. This is Steve Bruce's 20th year or so in management, with his last 'sucessful' premier league spell being 9 years ago. The evidence is already there. Whatever he had that worked for him and his teams (if it ever really did work) doesnt work anymore. He's finished, he's old hat and he's destined to fail.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #1002 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:26:44 AM »
Lol, just saw that TF bloke on MOTD2 for our game. Awful stuff.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1003 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:44:03 AM »
TF were c***s during the Pardew era and they are being c***s now. f*** em.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Disco

« Reply #1004 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 10:47:32 AM »
TF were c***s during the Pardew era and they are being c***s now. f*** em.

Staunch Colbackistas back in the day too. Never forgive, never forget.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #1005 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:26:22 AM »
TF definitely seem more cosy with this version of the club all of a sudden though, has Michael Martin sacked it off now?

Offline Disco

« Reply #1006 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:29:43 AM »
TF definitely seem more cosy with this version of the club all of a sudden though, has Michael Martin sacked it off now?

Think he's just a contributor.

The rest all sit on the board of NUST; they all want to be further involved with NUFC and get coin doing so. This was also my issue with the supporters trust being the same people as the fanzine. The fanzine slowly loses it's objectivity as they want to be involved with the club albeit I didn't think it would happen so soon. Same happened down the road when Roker Report became a club mouthpiece for the Don because he bought them a Maccy D's.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #1007 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:41:38 AM »
They don’t make money do they? Where from?

I agree they shouldn’t be involved with the club at all though, that’s what I asked on their live stream the other week.

Offline Disco

« Reply #1008 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:53:45 AM »
They don’t make money do they? Where from?

I agree they shouldn’t be involved with the club at all though, that’s what I asked on their live stream the other week.

Quote from: their website
The small profit we make from advertising and merchandise pays to keep the whole lot running. Voluntary donations to true faith are also welcomed.

Patreon mainly I'd suspect.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #1009 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:54:52 AM »
Oh right, but I was assumed just enough to keep it going. ‘Making coin’ suggested they’d be motivated by money, I guess the amounts would be tiny.

The point remains I suppose, like a lot of outlets they have a symbiotic relationship with the club so they’re not completely free to hammer it.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #1010 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 12:04:11 PM »

The rest all sit on the board of NUST; they all want to be further involved with NUFC and get coin doing so. This was also my issue with the supporters trust being the same people as the fanzine. The fanzine slowly loses it's objectivity as they want to be involved with the club albeit I didn't think it would happen so soon. Same happened down the road when Roker Report became a club mouthpiece for the Don because he bought them a Maccy D's.
The worst of it all is that the NUST survey was overwhelmingly in support of a boycott, yet several of them (including the Chair of the trust, no less) decided to publicly flaunt the fact that they were attending. Massively disappointing.

Offline Disco

« Reply #1011 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 12:08:06 PM »
Oh right, but I was assumed just enough to keep it going. ‘Making coin’ suggested they’d be motivated by money, I guess the amounts would be tiny.

The point remains I suppose, like a lot of outlets they have a symbiotic relationship with the club so they’re not completely free to hammer it.

Not necessarily for themselves but to fund their ever growing activities such as trips abroad etc. Club gives them a bit of access and the circle goes round wider.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1012 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 12:13:06 PM »

The worst of it all is that the NUST survey was overwhelmingly in support of a boycott, yet several of them (including the Chair of the trust, no less) decided to publicly flaunt the fact that they were attending. Massively disappointing.

Played the boycott card when it suited them just to get money in.  f***ing arseholes.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #1013 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 12:19:10 PM »

Played the boycott card when it suited them just to get money in.  f***ing arseholes.

That’s the line I pushed and what I still don’t understand. This is the very time we should be least engaged with the club, and they used it to attract new members for an organisation that requires a relationship with it.

They cited day-to-day things like getting repairs done and facilities for disabled fans etc. All that just seems utterly irrelevant in these times.

Offline Walton17

« Reply #1014 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 12:19:22 PM »
Feel like it's been downhill for TF ever since they went against the boycott in December.

They've steadily raised their profile but also their egos have massively inflated at the same time.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #1015 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
Posts on here doesnt he?

Ffs guys I wasn't suggesting he was racist or anything like that, I was having a dig at his dinosaur "tactics" and inability to deal with flair much like most other PFMs who prefer good old blood and thunder, sliding tackles and big lumping strikers to punt it to, give me some credit.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Online Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #1016 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 09:55:16 PM »
Posts on here doesnt he?

Ffs guys I wasn't suggesting he was racist or anything like that, I was having a dig at his dinosaur "tactics" and inability to deal with flair much like most other PFMs who prefer good old blood and thunder, sliding tackles and big lumping strikers to punt it to, give me some credit.

Hell no boy, this is the internet  :lol:

Offline NobbyOhNobby

• General Member
« Reply #1017 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 11:47:49 PM »
Surely the focus should turn to a boycott of the Leicester Carabao cup game. Attendances are crap in this competition anyway, the club have held cup competitions in complete disdain for the entirety of Ashley's tenure, and we're blatantly going to get chinned. There is no reason for any sane person to go to this game and spend extra cash on it.

Boycoutt Lester

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1018 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 12:28:31 AM »
Surely the focus should turn to a boycott of the Leicester Carabao cup game. Attendances are crap in this competition anyway, the club have held cup competitions in complete disdain for the entirety of Ashley's tenure, and we're blatantly going to get chinned. There is no reason for any sane person to go to this game and spend extra cash on it.

Boycoutt Lester

Agreed.

Boycoutt Lester.

Offline Fitzgerald

• General Member
« Reply #1019 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 12:32:16 AM »
Boycott lester. 0 should be the attendance

Offline Wolfcastle

• General Member
« Reply #1020 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 01:21:08 AM »
Lets call it "Jack Lester"

Many of the type that refuse to boycott, I have a feeling, are the types that don't bother with these games anyway.

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #1021 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 05:15:44 AM »
Lets call it "Jack Lester"

Many of the type that refuse to boycott, I have a feeling, are the types that don't bother with these games anyway.

This...they wont be going any way,you get the dads who take the kids going to this one,less expensive, first match types and teenagers with their mates.
Its likely to be on tv as well so usual punters wont bother.
Stupid game to boycott and not a real test of feeling and still too early in the season,not enough losses by that point.
All related to making an impact.
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1022 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:01:51 AM »
We had 20,577 for Spurs in this cup weeks after the whole Wise/Keegan/Nacho Gonzalez farce. It should be less than that.
?s=21

Offline Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #1023 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:09:56 AM »
The club will massively discount the Leicester game so people will see it as a cheap opportunity to take the wife and all the kids. Still the summer holidays too so kids are off next day so getting in late isn't an issue. There'll be 25k there.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #1024 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:06:58 PM »
Posts on here doesnt he?

Hell no boy, this is the internet  :lol:

[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.