Author Topic: Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club  (Read 44337 times)

Offline The Little Waster

• General Member
Re: Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club
« Reply #975 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:09:17 AM »
Since when did mediocrity become something anyone wanted to foist on their kids ?
" We are on the brink of a new era , if only ... "

Offline Shadow Puppets

• General Member
« Reply #976 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:32:51 AM »
Shadow, mind if I ask how old you are and if you lived through the Kevin Keegan years?

Mid 30s. And yes...I went to my first game in 92.

Since when did mediocrity become something anyone wanted to foist on their kids ?

Kids don’t care who owns the team...if it’s run well / badly. They care about the buzz you get from it. And the players. And dare I say they care about being with their dad / mum / friends making memories. When I took my 4 year old to the friendly last week he LOVED Saint Maximin because he kept running past people. And he loved his hair! 😁 That was his first up close experience with it. He’ll grow to love the roar of the crowd etc etc.

And in the grand scheme of where we could be as a football club, it’s not “mediocre”, is it...it’s just normal for most PL teams? Sure, in comparison to where we were under Keegan and Bobby, but outside of those cumulative 7 years, much of our existence as a football club has been like this.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #977 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:36:52 AM »
I agree with much of you say in terms of matchday romance and your wairn, but no other PL club exists to sell SD to the world at the expense of everything else. Been fed scraps to keep us turning on them this summer and exercising foresight we’ll a championship club again within 3 seasons given direction of travel.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #978 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:38:37 AM »
So as it turns out those super fans who insisted on going along to support the team and not the regime, didn't offer the team any vocal backing anyway.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #979 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:39:20 AM »
That said - it’s refeshing to have a poster who isn’t part of the echo chamber and doesn’t bleat sheep/shop-shouter either way and talks like a grown up.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #980 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:42:07 AM »
I can fully understand Shadow and why he goes tbh. My nephew is 5, only been to one game so far but loves Newcastle. It’s going to be hard for my brother to not take him once he gets more into it.

It’s the ‘get away from the wife’ and the ‘Ashley’s not going to stop me from going’ brigade that are the issue imo.
?s=21

Offline nufc4eva

• General Member
« Reply #981 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 08:37:40 AM »
I can fully understand Shadow and why he goes tbh. My nephew is 5, only been to one game so far but loves Newcastle. It’s going to be hard for my brother to not take him once he gets more into it.

It’s the ‘get away from the wife’ and the ‘Ashley’s not going to stop me from going’ brigade that are the issue imo.

The Ashley's not going to stop me and the players need support groups are the most brain-dead comments I have heard recently. If you are going to the match then at least offer that support they proclaim about.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #982 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 08:40:26 AM »

Which is 90 - 95% of the support and that's the problem unfortunately.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #983 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 08:45:18 AM »
TBH if I had kids I’d probably encourage them to support someone else. Not as easy in the NE I know, limited number of teams that provide the proper experience.

Offline Johneddy

• General Member
« Reply #984 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 08:50:21 AM »
The passionate ones weren't there yesterday and it showed. I could hear the sheep bleating from up the road right down at The Gate... we missing were just a few thousand but in terms of the heart and soul of the club I can say with certainty that we are the heartbeat so hold your heads proudly all who chose not to go - its all about principles ...good lads and lasses for holding to yours.
Something you will never hear:
"And Mike Ashley proudly holds the trophy aloft..."

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #985 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 09:36:53 AM »
The "Ashley won't stop me going!!" brigade are the "best".

How thick must you be to not see he wants the complete opposite. He didn't put the season ticket prices up to turn people away. He put them up because are thick as f*** fans will still buy it and turn up in the most expensive strip in Europe whilst the club pleads poverty.

I think we can all agree that the East Stand is a pretty boring name for a stand. The club could always rename it the 'Ashley Doesn't Want You Sitting Here' stand, which comes with a premium season ticket price for the loyalest of loyal supporters. Season ticket holders there also have access to an exclusive £20 badge from the club shop that says "Ashley Didn't Stop Me".

That'll really show Ashley they mean business.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #986 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 09:47:01 AM »
I suggested the Geordies are Scum Stand, but that could work too.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #987 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 11:00:10 AM »

Nah. There’s a helluva lot of the other section. Enough to take us deep into the 30k bracket anyway.
?s=21

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #988 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 11:04:24 AM »

Nah. There’s a helluva lot of the other section. Enough to take us deep into the 30k bracket anyway.

Disagree the perfect opportunity was yesterday and looked what happened. Only way it may imho is a few seasons outside the PL.

Offline JCONA

• General Member
  • I'm not living. I'm just killing time.
« Reply #989 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 12:54:20 PM »
Unrelated, but can anyone find the original boycoutt video?

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #990 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 03:47:08 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/12/premier-league-football-10-talking-points-weekend-action

Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action

7) Newcastle may have to rethink boycott protests
Around 300 Newcastle fans marched through the rain from the Sports Direct store in Northumberland Street and congregated by the burger van at the bottom of Strawberry Place. They made their presence felt and registered their protest against Mike Ashley’s continued ownership of the club. But still the club were able to announce an attendance of 47,635, just under 5,000 off capacity. That includes season-ticket holders who may not have turned up but, still, despite the filthy weather there did not appear to be more than 6,000‑7,000 empty seats at St James’. This is a major problem for those who wish to organise protests: it will take far more than that not to turn up before any boycott begins to have an impact and, at the moment, there seems very little appetite for that – or, at least, there are enough casual fans willing to pick up tickets to counter the recusant hardcore. Jonathan Wilson.

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #991 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 05:29:28 PM »
?s=20
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Marko NUFC

• General Member
  • Newcastle United - Croatia
« Reply #992 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 05:42:37 PM »
 O0 O0

Offline Chicken Dancer

• General Member
  • This club will never go anywhere under Mike Ashley
« Reply #993 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 06:07:00 PM »
?s=20

Really speaks well without coming across as one of the normal idiots we seem to get to represent us in interviews. Fair play.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #994 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:47:58 PM »
Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #995 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 07:51:17 PM »
?s=20

Really speaks well without coming across as one of the normal idiots we seem to get to represent us in interviews. Fair play.
Your opinion of him would be different if you had to wait for him to never show on the morning of the Reds vs Blues/Lockwood Cup. #NeverForget
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #996 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 08:30:42 PM »
Full of admiration for Heron like, he's a real ambassador for those trying to make a difference and I wish more media companies would have him on instead of the whoppers at True Faith or the likes of Wraith who are more interested in their personal profile.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #997 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 08:39:15 PM »
Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #998 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 09:21:53 PM »
Posts on here doesnt he?

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.

No offense lads but that stuff is just pathetic horseshit, aye he's crap but his signing in his past jobs are from all over the world, he's many things but not what you're inferring there like.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.