Poll

?

Takeover
15 (17.4%)
Fakeover
71 (82.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Mike Ashley aka the Fakeover Thread  (Read 678513 times)

Offline Sean

• General Member
Re: Mike Ashley aka the Fakeover Thread
« Reply #18050 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 06:50:48 PM »
Wouldn’t it be foolish to come back a second time to buy the club if you’re not confident to complete it? Amanda Staveley made three bids last time. She did business with Mike Ashley. She ate dinner with him. She was called time-waster. Why return if you’re not confident to complete this time?

Exactly. And why the hell would anyone be confident after the way the last attempt went?

It just doesn't make sense.

Unless it's a fakeover, then it all falls into piece.  :lol:
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Online FloydianMag

• General Member
« Reply #18051 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 06:50:53 PM »
Even if they did take over, UEFA have pretty much stopped any hopes of becoming a long term elite club.

UEFA have just banned Man City from the CL for two years and fined them £25 million. I wonder when PSG will feel their wrath.
If you think education is expensive try ignorance.  Derek Bok

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #18052 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 06:51:32 PM »
That whole curry night was the most blatant setup I've seen.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #18053 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 06:56:08 PM »

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that Staveley isn't what she seems. It's the only thing that makes any sense really.

I think scepticism is healthy where this club and takeover rumours are concerned, and I also think where she is concerned.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #18054 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:01:01 PM »
Even if they did take over, UEFA have pretty much stopped any hopes of becoming a long term elite club.
I wouldn't be that arsed if we got banned from the Champions League for 2 years tbh.

Online STM

• General Member
« Reply #18055 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:03:53 PM »

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that Staveley isn't what she seems. It's the only thing that makes any sense really.

I think scepticism is healthy where this club and takeover rumours are concerned, and I also think where she is concerned.

Why wouldnt have the saudis, the reubens or MA himself have outed her if it was bollocks?

To me, it seems that she understands the potential to have a stake in the club and raise its value. She would make a mint, if done correctly.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #18056 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:05:53 PM »
I wouldn't be that arsed if we got banned from the Champions League for 2 years tbh.

Me neither, mainly because we play such great football and that would mean the big clubs like Madrid and Barcelona would buy our best players, maybe even going for our manager at worst.

Online STM

• General Member
« Reply #18057 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:06:55 PM »
MA is the problem and always has been. He moves the goalposts, starts bidding wars, misleads buyers and lies to the fans. Clear as day.

At some point he will get bored of himself and move on to another plaything.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #18058 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:09:35 PM »

Why wouldnt have the saudis, the reubens or MA himself have outed her if it was bollocks?

To me, it seems that she understands the potential to have a stake in the club and raise its value. She would make a mint, if done correctly.

Well her and Ashley met for a curry through a mutual friend, Richard Desmond, who also owns or runs a newspaper.  :lol:

Who's to say she isn't acquaintances with the Ruebens or the Saudis? I mean, she was initially billed as knowing everyone in the Middle East.  :lol:

And why would Ashley say anything? He's the one who wants this s*** going on.

It is a possibility that it's the same as the BZG bollocks, whether we want to admit it or not.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #18059 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:11:57 PM »
MA is the problem and always has been. He moves the goalposts, starts bidding wars, misleads buyers and lies to the fans. Clear as day.

But yet theres a never ending queue of billionaires who are too stupid to realise that the same thing keeps happening to anyone attempting to buy the club?

And they've never called him out on it? f***, a few of them have written statements saying how lovely he is to deal with.  :lol:

I just don't buy it.

Also, Caulkin has said the BZG thing was bollocks from the start, so he didn't move the goalposts there as there were none to move in the first place. Just a load of s**** printed in the press and believed by many.

Online FloydianMag

• General Member
« Reply #18060 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:17:39 PM »

But yet theres a never ending queue of billionaires who are too stupid to realise that the same thing keeps happening to anyone attempting to buy the club?

And they've never called him out on it? f***, a few of them have written statements saying how lovely he is to deal with.  :lol:

I just don't buy it.

Also, Caulkin has said the BZG thing was bollocks from the start, so he didn't move the goalposts there as there were none to move in the first place. Just a load of s**** printed in the press and believed by many.

A simple statement from the Saudi’s and the Reuben’s quashing all the rumours and speculation is all that it would take, yet silence from both parties.
If you think education is expensive try ignorance.  Derek Bok

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #18061 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:24:46 PM »

It’s been over ten years...

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #18062 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:28:39 PM »
UEFA have said that you can’t win the Champions League, but you can win the Premier League according to the FA.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #18063 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:28:40 PM »

I just don't buy it.

A simple statement from the Saudi’s and the Reuben’s quashing all the rumours and speculation is all that it would take, yet silence from both parties.

Oh we could have an official statement from these groups that sounds professional.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #18064 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:29:10 PM »

I just don't buy it.

Yep, just like Sheik Khaled could have quashed the rumours the last time. And Kenyon also could have (surely nobody believes that was real either). IF it's bollocks like BZG was, then Ashley will use friends and/or aquantainces so they don't quash the rumours.

Theres no proof either way, but Ashley has history of using names and the press to fool our fans. Why anyone would want to dismiss the possibility that he's doing it again is beyond me. And that's all I'm really saying, it's a possibility.

Offline duo

• General Member
« Reply #18065 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 07:40:16 PM »
This - probably ends any hope of takeover

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #18066 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 08:46:51 PM »
this place is fun
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Toonjam88

• General Member
« Reply #18067 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 09:06:29 PM »
Man City being kicked out of Europe would make absolutely no difference to any takeover (if it was even happening). First scenario means Man City have to start getting rid of players so it then gives every other team a chance to catch them and as Liverpool shows a well run club doing it properly can do enough to get to the top. Second scenario and most likely Man City take UEFA to court and win destroying the whole financial fair play farce once and for all  so again another win win for any potential owner. And bare in mind this investigation has been going on by UEFA for ages so any would be owner would have been aware of it.

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #18068 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 09:12:18 PM »
Man City being kicked out of Europe would make absolutely no difference to any takeover (if it was even happening). First scenario means Man City have to start getting rid of players so it then gives every other team a chance to catch them and as Liverpool shows a well run club doing it properly can do enough to get to the top. Second scenario and most likely Man City take UEFA to court and win destroying the whole financial fair play farce once and for all  so again another win win for any potential owner. And bare in mind this investigation has been going on by UEFA for ages so any would be owner would have been aware of it.

Completely agree with all of that, well said.

Offline D. Yimentov

• General Member
« Reply #18069 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 09:30:17 PM »
I hope Mike is frugal this summer just to be on the safe side. Don’t want to end up like City.
мы любим футбол, но футбол не любит нас

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #18070 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 09:34:26 PM »
Even if we were about to become one of the super rich (it's kinda heartening that people still believe this I suppose but it ain't happening, Ashley will never ever make a reasonable, sensible decision) we should applaud this decision as even a minor hurt to the league as it is, which is s***. Some teams have a lot of money compete for the title, everyone else just competes for bragging rights and nothing else. It is absurd, the quality of the premier league this season by any metric has been shocking and if viewing figures were based on merit alone noone in their right mind would be watching it this season. It won't make a difference anyway but still, the idea that this much money is good for football remains terrible.
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #18071 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 10:05:19 PM »

Ashley being impossible to buy from makes a lot of sense too TBF.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #18072 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 10:29:22 PM »

Remember that Barry moat was also a setup.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #18073 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 11:09:17 PM »
Barry Moat ffs.

That was like the Fisher Price ‘My First Fakeover’ starter kit.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #18074 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 11:12:50 PM »

Ashley being impossible to buy from makes a lot of sense too TBF.

unless i'm mistaken she brokered the man city deal no?  i'm sure she's gone from that to willingly playing games for mike ashley :lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire