Poll

Lock until news?

Yes
177 (48.1%)
No
191 (51.9%)

Total Members Voted: 368

Voting closes: Thursday 20 June 2019, 10:16:11 pm

Author Topic: Takeover thread  (Read 169206 times)

Stal, PauloGeordio and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
Re: Takeover: Holding company registered to Bin Zayed group set up to purchase NUFC?
« Reply #6275 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 06:04:41 am »
My take on it... it's happening. We'll be hearing news this Friday or maybe at the start of next week.

What I'm worrying is not about: "is this happening or not?" but "is the next owner will be better than Ashley or not?". And all the sign about the new owner is negative.

Well we have to make sure we have something to be negative about just in case something positive happens. There must be balance.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline gdm

• General Member
Re: Takeover: Holding company registered to Bin Zayed group set up to purchase NUFC?
« Reply #6276 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 06:12:55 am »
I think the Mexicans are gonna roll in here and save the day :lol:

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6277 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 06:37:12 am »
Fuckin tyre kickers
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #6278 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 06:53:34 am »
Fixtures are out tomorrow yet we don't even have a clue who will own the club, who the manager is, who and if there are new signings etc when when the season kicks off.

Offline JP

• General Member
« Reply #6279 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 07:34:43 am »
Part of me finds it incredible that the press haven’t had a sniff of this since the BZG statement was released. Then I realise, this is how takeovers should/do happen. Strict NDA’s in place, no leaks, announced ‘out of the blue’.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6280 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 07:38:39 am »
Fixtures are out tomorrow yet we don't even have a clue who will own the club, who the manager is, who and if there are new signings etc when when the season kicks off.

Murphy, Gayle and Aaron's front three

Offline JP

• General Member
« Reply #6281 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 07:40:44 am »
Dubravka
Yedlin Schar Lascelles Dummett
Shelvey Colback
Murphy Ritchie Aarons
Gayle

Offline dtd

• So55
  • General Member
« Reply #6282 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 08:03:44 am »
Had a dream last night that a press conference was quickly called for today. Takeover or Rafa, I didn’t get to the reason since I woke up to go to the toilet.

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
« Reply #6283 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 08:10:27 am »
Dubravka
Yedlin Schar Lascelles Dummett
Shelvey Colback
Murphy Ritchie Aarons
Gayle

s*** I forgot about Colback, imagine the joy watching him this season :(
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #6284 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 08:16:17 am »
Isnt wor Jack out of contract?

Edit: f***. Just realised he has another year.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:04:26 am by nufcjb »

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6285 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 08:20:34 am »
No Lejeune, Almiron or Perez?
?s=21

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6286 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 08:21:46 am »
No Lejeune, Almiron or Perez?

Ashley will sell those for lots of lovely lovely money

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #6287 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:10:43 am »
Possibly not Almiron this window, but certainly Ayoze, Lejeune and Schar (perhaps Lascelles and Dubravka too) are certain to call their agents to find a new club on 1 July if Rafa leaves. Swap Schar for Clark in JP's team, and add "Manager: M. Hughes" and we're on a year-long farewell lap of the Premier League before sinking for a long time.
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Online Stal

• General Member
« Reply #6288 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:36:37 am »
Isnt wor Jack out of contract?

Edit: f***. Just realised he has another year.

I was absolutely convinced he should be out of contract this year too. I'm totally positive that I read stuff about him going on loan and he would be out of contract at the end of his loan. Mandela effect?

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #6289 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:08:36 am »
We love giving absolute knackers long contracts :lol:
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #6290 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:09:13 am »
Part of me finds it incredible that the press haven’t had a sniff of this since the BZG statement was released. Then I realise, this is how takeovers should/do happen. Strict NDA’s in place, no leaks, announced ‘out of the blue’.

fair point
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Rosenrot

• General Member
« Reply #6291 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:18:28 am »
Has this not bloody happened yet ffs?  :lol:

Offline Boo Boy

• General Member
  • Boom!
« Reply #6292 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:29:22 am »
now that Shola has a contract with the club he is well placed to take charge when the takeover falls through and Rafa walks.
follow my patter on Twitter @BooBoy_1

Offline marki

• General Member
« Reply #6293 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:35:21 am »
now that Shola has a contract with the club he is well placed to take charge when the takeover falls through and Rafa walks.
yeh thats very possible considering JK Sm etc

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #6294 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:36:04 am »
I dream of Big Sho managing us one day.  What a guy.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Online Stal

• General Member
« Reply #6295 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:38:45 am »
I see today isn't the day for positive thought about the club then. Thanks lads  :)

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #6296 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:42:51 am »
No takeover and Shola becomes the manager?  I think that moment would be when football officially dies.

Offline Fenham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #6297 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:43:49 am »
I think if it is as close as some people are saying, I'm sure these lads in UAE will want to get it done before their weekend, i.e. by COB tomorrow.
I really like Fenham Mag. Great guy and a very good poster.

Offline jack j

• General Member
  • Spectator
« Reply #6298 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 10:58:04 am »
I see today isn't the day for positive thought about the club then. Thanks lads  :)

Weathers got everyone on a downer

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #6299 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 11:03:09 am »
Every tweet the club puts out is getting bombarded by about 200 'no comments'. :lol: