Poll

?

Takeover
43 (13%)
Fakeover
289 (87%)

Total Members Voted: 332

Author Topic: Mike Ashley  (Read 531567 times)

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
Re: Mike Ashley
« Reply #15175 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 03:13:53 PM »
Cheaper water rates.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #15176 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 03:40:02 PM »
Another club trying to better themselves - anyone know how many have upgraded their ground or training facilities since this fat t*** bought us? Didn’t we have the third highest capacity when he bought us?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7737993/Liverpool-announce-plans-redevelop-Anfield-Road-End-increase-capacity-61-000.html

Looked into this a while ago and basically every single club currently in the Premier League has either developed or is set to develop their major facilities except us. Think it was something like Watford who were the only one who hadn't really done owt.

He gets away with it purely because he is English, and we are far enough north for no one to give a s***. If he was a foreign owner running a club like this, he would have been getting far more stick from the national press.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #15177 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 03:50:36 PM »
Doesn't excuse the fans, that after years of the same s***, still hand over money.

Honestly don't now how they can sit there and without a hint of irony, moan on about the lack of investment etc when they've just forked out £90 kid on a home strip and over £500 on a season ticket.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #15178 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 04:17:39 PM »
Another club trying to better themselves - anyone know how many have upgraded their ground or training facilities since this fat t*** bought us? Didn’t we have the third highest capacity when he bought us?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7737993/Liverpool-announce-plans-redevelop-Anfield-Road-End-increase-capacity-61-000.html

Looked into this a while ago and basically every single club currently in the Premier League has either developed or is set to develop their major facilities except us. Think it was something like Watford who were the only one who hadn't really done owt.

He gets away with it purely because he is English, and we are far enough north for no one to give a s***. If he was a foreign owner running a club like this, he would have been getting far more stick from the national press.

Totally agree.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #15179 on: Saturday 30 November 2019, 01:04:37 AM »

Add it to the list of areas we've fallen way, way behind other clubs solely because Ashley has no interest in competing as a sporting institution. People need to stop giving him money or he's never going to have any incentive to sell. People won't stop giving him money even whilst he's clearly destroying the current and future of the club and literally sticking 2 fingers up to the fans as he's doing it. It's a sad situation but the club is effectively in a coma until something changes.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #15180 on: Saturday 30 November 2019, 01:08:47 AM »
Doesn't excuse the fans, that after years of the same s***, still hand over money.

Honestly don't now how they can sit there and without a hint of irony, moan on about the lack of investment etc when they've just forked out £90 kid on a home strip and over £500 on a season ticket.

This, it beggars belief. Paying him to stick his fingers up at you whilst f***ing the club over royally. And celebrating if 'we' win as if it means something, other than another step towards the ultimate goal of survival on the cheap with no cup runs to get in the way.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #15181 on: Saturday 30 November 2019, 01:14:50 AM »
Our crowd used to be our main strong point, now it's our main weakness.

How anyone can still walk through the SJP turnstiles on matchday is beyond me, NUFC supporters they certainly are not.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #15182 on: Saturday 30 November 2019, 12:54:08 PM »
Talking to fans of various clubs lately, a lot seem to believe the stadium is called the Sports direct Arena. Another win for Ashley.

Maybe if the "fans" were to destroy his adverts it might help. But that's not part of their big day out now is it.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #15183 on: Sunday 1 December 2019, 10:25:29 PM »
I dont think getting brought up on vandalism charges is going to be worth the zero impact the act has.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #15184 on: Sunday 1 December 2019, 10:32:29 PM »
Talking to fans of various clubs lately, a lot seem to believe the stadium is called the Sports direct Arena. Another win for Ashley.

Maybe if the "fans" were to destroy his adverts it might help. But that's not part of their big day out now is it.

Have never heard anyone call it the sports direct arena in my life

Clearly bollocks
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #15185 on: Sunday 1 December 2019, 10:38:06 PM »

Clearly bollocks

1. We didn't call it that when it was named that.

2 He didn't say people called it that.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #15186 on: Sunday 1 December 2019, 11:42:32 PM »
Clearly bollocks
You ever been outside the north east?
New people I meet in the midlands ask me from time to time if that is still what it is officially called.
It's very much used as a point of ridicule.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #15187 on: Monday 2 December 2019, 12:51:48 AM »
Clearly bollocks
New people I meet in the midlands ask me from time to time if that is still what it is officially called.

I live in the Midlands
No one calls it that. Like literally ever. Bore off

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #15188 on: Monday 2 December 2019, 12:54:44 AM »
I’ve heard it in London but I’m pretty sure they know they’re joking.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #15189 on: Monday 2 December 2019, 01:32:38 AM »
I’ve heard it in London but I’m pretty sure they know they’re joking.

Exactly

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #15190 on: Monday 2 December 2019, 07:05:49 AM »
Clearly bollocks

I live in the Midlands
So unnecessarily childish :lol:
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #15191 on: Monday 2 December 2019, 08:03:40 AM »
Clearly bollocks

I live in the Midlands

You're talking s**** though.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #15192 on: Monday 2 December 2019, 08:26:56 AM »
Clearly bollocks

I live in the Midlands

:lol: Moron
Sometimes, you might have to accept that some people are telling the truth.
sackpardew.com

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #15193 on: Monday 2 December 2019, 06:35:43 PM »

Clearly bollocks

How about the BBC, or the club eh: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/15668207

And believe it or not, but for people who don't really give a f*** about NUFC, the name sticks easily.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #15194 on: Monday 2 December 2019, 06:57:47 PM »
Clearly bollocks

I live in the Midlands

:lol: Moron
Sometimes, you might have to accept that some people are telling the truth.

I think he's just discovered the word isn't just the standard response to the question "would baby like some sugar on his cereal?"

Seriously though, is it that absurd to think that some people, in a country of over 60m, heard about the name change [done specifically for commercial purposes] but didn't hear the news that it had been reversed [bad commercial coverage].

Offline Peppe

• General Member
« Reply #15195 on: Yesterday at 08:33:02 PM »
What would happen if this c*** dropped dead tomorrow, would his kids inherit the club?
I wonder if they would be willing to sell it... 🤔
Quote from: TRon
...if they genuinely want to stay and fight to get back in the premier, great.

SOMEDAY WE WILL GET BACK IN!

Offline Disco

« Reply #15196 on: Yesterday at 09:15:16 PM »
There’d be tears amongst the matchgoers. Applause on 69 minutes, his favourite position, until the end of the season as a mark of respect for bringing Steve and Andy home.

Offline Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #15197 on: Yesterday at 09:30:58 PM »
What would happen if this c*** dropped dead tomorrow, would his kids inherit the club?
I wonder if they would be willing to sell it... 🤔

Hope you've got some sinister plan mate :thup: