Author Topic: Living Anywhere in the World.......  (Read 2450 times)

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Re: Living Anywhere in the World.......
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 09:07:32 PM »
I reckon I could move to Hanoi, like (wouldn't fancy Saigon) but if I was earning what I earn now - not on their median salary.

Bobbing about somewhere in Spain would probably be areet.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 09:10:41 PM »
I reckon I could move to Hanoi, like (wouldn't fancy Saigon) but if I was earning what I earn now - not on their median salary.

Bobbing about somewhere in Spain would probably be areet.

Aye Spain would be canny tbf. Every time I've been I've enjoyed the rhythm of life there. Stopped in Pamplona for a few months some years back, walked the path of Mikel Merino. Dece.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 09:14:19 PM »
This median salary thing needs fleshing out. Median US salary is 56k. Life would be s***.

Median salary per capita for the whole country is $32k.  That's impossible to live on.  Can we quit our median salary job and get one that pays better?

« Reply #53 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 09:16:28 PM »
I'd either copy Disco, stay here and blow the 100k on travelling. I work in an industry where I can live comfortably enough in the UK. Or Move to LA. Mainly for the beaches and the weather but also the ease of finding a similar job I could walk in to. Spend the 100k on setting up. If I was single I'd liked to have maybe moved to work in Singapore and maybe Hong Kong, but would come home. Ultimately do want to end up back in Northumberland, like. OpenC nails it.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 09:21:25 PM »
Disco has the right idea for me, for the same reasons. I'd be more specific though and say Malaga. You can get the perfect balance between City/rural life there, plus it's only an hour away from Granada which is the last place left in Spain that chucks out free tapas with every drink - makes bar crawls incredible and quite sophisticated. :lol:

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:05:22 PM »
Another shout for Spain for me, absolutely fantastic country & that has everything, especially when you get away from the tourist traps. I'm planning on buying a place there asap (if Brexit doesn't f*** things up) and live between the UK and there as soon as I retire.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:08:24 PM »
Another shout for Spain for me, absolutely fantastic country & that has everything, especially when you get away from the tourist traps. I'm planning on buying a place there asap (if Brexit doesn't f*** things up) and live between the UK and there as soon as I retire.

Anywhere specific you’re looking out of interest?

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:12:05 PM »
Thought about this loads too. I'd either stay here & move to somewhere quieter out of town, or do the equivalent but on the outskirts of Saint Petersburg. My needs/interests can be met/afforded pretty simply. Coastal or country paths to walk, clean air to breathe, a city nearby to be inspired by (in both its light & dark sides), a sense of history and story in my surroundings (can't stand pristine plastic cities/parts of cities) a shelf full of great books & some software to design & create artwork. The reason it'd be Russia if not England is because for me, their history, literature & arts are superb; for me only England & France are comparable in the regard but fall short. The feeling of being there, looks for signs of the life of said history, looking for marks of what may have inspired said arts & literature would fill me with fascination and joy for as long as I could live.

That'd be me. What about you, Minhosa?

Saint Petersburg is an interesting choice but it's a bit grim on the outskirts, unless you live somewhere like Pushkin which is really nice. The main issue I've found with living in Russia (my wife is from St.P) is not so much the weather, as their summers p*ss on ours, it's the lack of sunlight......basically, you never see the sun for about 4 months from the end of October, just dark grey skies every single day.......it's really depressing. The food's pretty grim too, and Putin's getting worse.
 Love the place apart from that, you're right about the culture there mind, there's so much to see and the people are very well read and educated in the main. It certainly gets a bad press in that respect.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:16:01 PM »

I looked to buy somewhere in a place called Oliva, which is about an hour from Valencia, really unspolit typical Spanish white town abut 2kms from the sea.....had a place lined up but the Mrs just didn't like the place.....2 opposing views of what type of Spain each other likes I guess. Have been looking further south and really liked Alicante as a city but still looking.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:21:22 PM »

I looked to buy somewhere in a place called Oliva, which is about an hour from Valencia, really unspolit typical Spanish white town abut 2kms from the sea.....had a place lined up but the Mrs just didn't like the place.....2 opposing views of what type of Spain each other likes I guess. Have been looking further south and really liked Alicante as a city but still looking.

:thup: looks lovely. Need to examine the metro/regional rail lines going out from the cities. Best of both worlds.

Offline pedro111

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:23:35 PM »
You're all a bunch of soft cocks. For 100k, and a decent wage, a nice 2 bed semi in Waaaallsend and you're set for life man.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:28:03 PM »
Spain or France, to be with my Brexiteer bretheren.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:33:51 PM »

:thup: looks lovely. Need to examine the metro/regional rail lines going out from the cities. Best of both worlds.

I loved it, it has an amazing beach as well with literally nobody on it. The town's a little run down in places and a bit rough round the edges, but I liked that about it.....the people were really friendly as well. Gandia's a decent sized town 10 mintues up the road which has all the big shops and less than an hour on the train to Valenica. I was going to buy a nice 3 bed townhouse with a big terrace with sea views for 60k! Still gutted I didn't buy it.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:44:28 PM »
You're all a bunch of soft cocks. For 100k, and a decent wage, a nice 2 bed semi in Waaaallsend and you're set for life man.

3 or 4 properties in Teesside if you’re looking to establish an empire.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:45:32 PM »

Got a friend who moved to Denia, photos look excellent.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:59:29 PM »

I loved it, it has an amazing beach as well with literally nobody on it. The town's a little run down in places and a bit rough round the edges, but I liked that about it.....the people were really friendly as well. Gandia's a decent sized town 10 mintues up the road which has all the big shops and less than an hour on the train to Valenica. I was going to buy a nice 3 bed townhouse with a big terrace with sea views for 60k! Still gutted I didn't buy it.

Damn what? Just did a quick search and couldn't find anything there other than apartments under £200,000.

My search skills are lacking. :lol:
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 11:36:39 PM »

Damn what? Just did a quick search and couldn't find anything there other than apartments under £200,000.

My search skills are lacking. :lol:

Try www.kyero.com and search for a townhouse.

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • Dope fresh outta Africa that never been stepped on
« Reply #67 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 12:11:18 AM »
The median salary part of this eliminates the vast majority of countries in the world. I would much rather live in Nigeria, Brazil, or Russia (St. Petersburg. Wonderul city.) for cultural/personal reasons than Japan for instance, but not at the expense of the majority of my income.

America is the top country in my opinion, as I mentioned a while back, so I suppose there given the income requirement. Maryland, Lousiana, Texas, and New York are best states I've visited, but the national average salary is a pittance in the Northeast and a good salary in the south, so probably Texas or Louisana. There are a lot of good cities in Europe that would qualify if not again for the median salary cavaet. Generally, living in any major city on the average national salary will be miserable, given the price inflation in these places.

I have a child (and wife) and will soon have more, so the money would be going towards them as nearly all money goes.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #68 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 12:33:30 AM »
Home is home but ironically I'd spend the money on travelling.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #69 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 07:45:38 AM »
Buenos Aires. Incredible city

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 07:55:30 AM »
I'd either copy Disco, stay here and blow the 100k on travelling. I work in an industry where I can live comfortably enough in the UK. Or Move to LA. Mainly for the beaches and the weather but also the ease of finding a similar job I could walk in to. Spend the 100k on setting up. If I was single I'd liked to have maybe moved to work in Singapore and maybe Hong Kong, but would come home. Ultimately do want to end up back in Northumberland, like. OpenC nails it.

Work part might be a bitch here in Singapore. Hours are longer than European countries.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 08:37:54 AM »
Tynemouth which is the actual plan.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #72 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 08:55:33 AM »
My issue would be having to learn a new language, which I really can’t be bothered with anymore. So i’d Be looking at English speaking countries. I’d stay here in the UK, use the money to set up my own business and live extremely sensibly until it’s sustainable.

Offline steve_69

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 08:58:15 AM »
Somewhere with an outdoor lifestyle, a better climate than the UK, and where the people don't seem like arseholes - Spain, New Zealand, Canada spring to mind but it'd probably need some more thorough research.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #74 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 09:48:05 AM »
Somewhere in northern Italy. 100k and the median salary probably wouldn't be enough to get the dream place of one of those villas on Lake Como so probably Tuscany. Home here in the northeast will always be home, though.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.