Poll

Full roster rule: yay or nay?

WILD WEST. SET YOUR LINEUP WILLY NILLY.
4 (26.7%)
FULL LINEUPS EVERY WEEK. VIOLATORS WILL LOSE KNEECAP.
7 (46.7%)
f*** Beren (Mikes only)
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Friday 6 September 2019, 10:36:32 pm

Author Topic: The NFL Thread - AB cut again  (Read 12251 times)

neesy111, Chrisjraby and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Flip

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
Re: The NFL Thread and Shak's Dog-F*cking League - Guess Who Wins Again
« Reply #1000 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 12:11:56 pm »
It really is interesting. Beren is clearly very invested in FF but something in his brain can’t handle this FAAB thing.

That guy is a decent add but he’ll be relevant for few weeks and even then it’s no guarantee he produces as Tyreek is pretty damn good and Chiefs have so many weapons. Would love to know how many times Beren upped his bid. :lol:

fyp
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #1001 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 12:25:25 pm »
It really is interesting. Beren is clearly a very smart guy and very invested in FF but something in his brain can’t handle this FAAB thing.

That guy is a decent add but he’ll be relevant for few weeks and even then it’s no guarantee he produces as Tyreek is pretty damn good and Chiefs have so many weapons. Would love to know how many times Beren upped his bid. :lol:

:lol: A few times.

Essentially I just talk myself into the value. Early weeks have the best pickups IMO. In previous years, Froggy has got Conner. Mozy got Kamara early-ish. You can glean a fair bit from preseason but week 1 is the most revealing in terms of usage etc after the off-season retooling of teams. You also have the most weeks to use them (if they're any good) when you pick them up so is the best time to splurge if you're going to. As for Mecole Hardman, they drafted him 2nd round to replace what they thought was a suspended Tyreek Hill. Really similar profile. Did well in preseason. I'm also quite sceptical of injury recovery times, factor in the risk of re-aggravation etc. So I think if he does well he'll have a role going forward if/when Tyreek returns.

I definitely (and obviously) overestimate the splurging of others. Think the year before last Troll spent $50 on Cohen or something? There is a fair bit of variance on splurging which colours my thoughts. But i'd rather take the risk of spending big on someone with big potential and get the guy I want, than having my FAAB budget eroded in ten $10 chunks for players who I esteem to have fairly limited potential.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #1002 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 12:31:19 pm »
 :lol: I felt a bit guilty putting in a $1 bid on John Brown.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1003 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 12:32:15 pm »
It really is interesting. Beren is clearly a very smart guy and very invested in FF but something in his brain can’t handle this FAAB thing.

Essentially I just talk myself into the value. Early weeks have the best pickups IMO. In previous years, Froggy has got Conner. Mozy got Kamara early-ish. You can glean a fair bit from preseason but week 1 is the most revealing in terms of usage etc after the off-season retooling of teams. You also have the most weeks to use them (if they're any good) when you pick them up so is the best time to splurge if you're going to. As for Mecole Hardman, they drafted him 2nd round to replace what they thought was a suspended Tyreek Hill. Really similar profile. Did well in preseason. I'm also quite sceptical of injury recovery times, factor in the risk of re-aggravation etc. So I think if he does well he'll have a role going forward if/when Tyreek returns.

I definitely (and obviously) overestimate the splurging of others. Think the year before last Troll spent $50 on Cohen or something? There is a fair bit of variance on splurging which colours my thoughts. But i'd rather take the risk of spending big on someone with big potential and get the guy I want, than having my FAAB budget eroded in ten $10 chunks for players who I esteem to have fairly limited potential.

Didn't I pay like $3 for Conner though? :lol:

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #1004 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 12:54:28 pm »

Didn't I pay like $3 for Conner though? :lol:

Yeah, but the point stands, sort of. I’m totally down with spending a chunk of FAAB in week one because we’ve got our first proper look at players. There’s no way that, say, Maclaurin would have been the subject of a bidding war before week one. There are also 16 players in the league, so it would be easy to imagine a feeding frenzy.

$71 for Mercole Hardman is clinically insane though :lol:.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #1005 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 02:14:05 pm »
Aye, there is no argument for that number. You know that no-one is bidding more than, 30? lets even say 40 to be safe. BOOM. 71. There's no sense to it. No matter if he gets 300 tds this week.

Oh well. Better for everyone else I guess.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #1006 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 02:14:54 pm »
Wait. I didn't even realise the stupid c*** got John Brown too :lol: for $29. f***ing hell.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #1007 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 02:16:43 pm »
:lol:

Existence is Pain Mecole Hardman KC, WR $71
No Elis No McAdoos Mecole Hardman KC, WR $9
Baker's Dozen Mecole Hardman KC, WR $1

Online Shak

• General Member
« Reply #1008 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 02:17:30 pm »
The 71 is clearly to trump the other guys who’ll be bidding 60, 65... maybe 70 at a push.

Nobody else will have the foresight to add an extra one on and thereby secure the acquisition.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #1009 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 02:19:00 pm »
:lol:

Existence is Pain Mecole Hardman KC, WR $71
No Elis No McAdoos Mecole Hardman KC, WR $9
Baker's Dozen Mecole Hardman KC, WR $1

Salty you got outbid tbh.  :cool:

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #1010 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 02:25:20 pm »
The 71 is clearly to trump the other guys who’ll be bidding 60, 65... maybe 70 at a push.

Nobody else will have the foresight to add an extra one on and thereby secure the acquisition.

I actually won the final sealed bidding round on my house by exactly £500!

Or at least that's what the estate agent told me :(

Online Shak

• General Member
« Reply #1011 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 02:27:39 pm »
Do you live in a cardboard box worth fifty quid?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #1012 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 02:50:03 pm »
Guaranteed the lower bid was also made by Beren

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #1013 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 03:48:29 pm »
Darnold out.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #1014 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 03:55:39 pm »
He has glandular fever. Eez f***ed for the season iyam.

Online Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #1015 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 03:58:39 pm »
A MNF shitfest two weeks into the season must be a record

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #1016 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 04:04:05 pm »
He has glandular fever. Eez f***ed for the season iyam.

Genuinely not sure what I've done to the FF Gods :lol:.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Online Shak

• General Member
« Reply #1017 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 05:10:23 pm »
Bell gone for an MRI too.

Gonna be a particularly extravagant w*** in the Murphy household tonight.

Online Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #1018 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 06:55:58 pm »

I do agree spending big early on but really think (and hope :) ) that you splashed on the wrong guy and obviously way too much. Hill is supposed to be out for 4-6 weeks and when he returns Hardman will be behind Hill, Kelce, Watkins and RBs on targets and at least last year WR3 in that offense wasn't relevant in fantasy. Personally I much rather take a punt on a guy who will be getting targets no matter what even if it is on an inferior offense.

It's also not bad to save some dollars as I basically won last year thanks to being able to pick up Damien Williams late in the season.

Online Shak

• General Member
« Reply #1019 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 07:10:57 pm »
Whole purpose of that post was clearly to remind us that Pata won last year. :lol:

Online Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #1020 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 07:31:53 pm »
 :smugdog:

Offline Flip

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
« Reply #1021 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 08:09:11 pm »
Whole purpose of that post was clearly to remind us that Pata won last year. :lol:

Good he did. Had no idea he has actually won :lol:
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #1022 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 08:16:16 pm »
My current pet hate is how the Q for Questionable looks almost exactly like the O for Out on ESPN.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #1023 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 09:07:03 pm »
My current pet hate is how the Q for Questionable looks almost exactly like the O for Out on ESPN.

Fairly niche that one :lol:

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #1024 on: Thursday 12 September 2019, 09:08:27 pm »
Well I was waiting for Guice to be confirmed out, then Darnold, now it looks like Baker is Out whenever my team comes up.