Poll

Fuck...

The Refs
The Pats
Pip (both)

Author Topic: NFL 2020  (Read 65826 times)

Offline Shak

• General Member
Re: NFL 2020
« Reply #6425 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:19:02 AM »
That Mahomes deal is going to ruin KC, they're ridiculously short on cap space as it is.

I think he’s an example of it being worth it. He’s that good, especially with Andy Reid there running the offense, they’ll be able to maintain a fantastic offense with lesser talent at the skill positions.

It’ll be 2022 by the time they really have to take it in the hoop on a cap hit for him, they have plenty of time to get their books in order.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #6426 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 10:21:39 AM »
That Mahomes deal is going to ruin KC, they're ridiculously short on cap space as it is.

I think he’s an example of it being worth it. He’s that good, especially with Andy Reid there running the offense, they’ll be able to maintain a fantastic offense with lesser talent at the skill positions.

It’ll be 2022 by the time they really have to take it in the hoop on a cap hit for him, they have plenty of time to get their books in order.

Agreed, Mecole Hardman can take over as the deep threat/speed/gadget guy. Players like DeMarcus Robinson became a star for a fortnight with Mahomes :lol: You just need that QB/HC/OC combo firing, and the rest can be done on the cheap.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #6427 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 11:48:02 AM »
Yeah I read an article saying that the current estimate is that the pandemic will shrink the 2021 cap by anywhere from $30m to $80m. The Eagles and Saints are already significantly over the current cap number for next year, if they have to create another $40m in space it could be interesting. Obviously there are ways to get creative but you could pretty much guarantee any veteran players on decent contracts with no dead money left are getting cut.

With the likes Kamara, Davis, Marcus Williams and Rankins up for renewal next year, you'd have to assume at least two of them won't be able to be retained.  Win at all costs this year I guess :lol:.

Offline Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #6428 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 11:55:32 AM »
I couldn't believe what Goff got paid. I would have thought McVay and Snead would have been amongst the first to hit on the idea of just cycling through rookie QBs, but surrounding them with can't-miss talent.

I don’t think you can just dump the first overall draft choice that has already been in a Super Bowl. It’s a crappy spot (like us with Cousins) but not much you can do about it until there are more than 5-7 elite QBs in the world.

Online B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
« Reply #6429 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 02:44:09 PM »
Fun fact: The last Redskin first team All Pro was punter Matt Turk in 1996.

Online B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
« Reply #6430 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 02:52:27 PM »
Of course, Tress Way was the NFC's starting punter in last season's Pro Bowl and was a second team All Pro. So we're definitely going places. At least in terms of kicking the ball to the other team.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #6431 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 04:28:25 PM »
Yeah I read an article saying that the current estimate is that the pandemic will shrink the 2021 cap by anywhere from $30m to $80m. The Eagles and Saints are already significantly over the current cap number for next year, if they have to create another $40m in space it could be interesting. Obviously there are ways to get creative but you could pretty much guarantee any veteran players on decent contracts with no dead money left are getting cut.

With the likes Kamara, Davis, Marcus Williams and Rankins up for renewal next year, you'd have to assume at least two of them won't be able to be retained.  Win at all costs this year I guess :lol:.

Lattimore and Ramcyk coming up soon too as well so yeah, between that incredible 2017 draft class’ rookie deals running out and Brees finishing up soon you’d imagine there’s a rebuild coming soon enough.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #6432 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 04:52:20 PM »

Lattimore and Ramcyk coming up soon too as well so yeah, between that incredible 2017 draft class’ rookie deals running out and Brees finishing up soon you’d imagine there’s a rebuild coming soon enough.

Aye, but they both had fifth year options taken up so there's a buffer, unless they renew them early of course.  I suspect Brees will be gone by the time their deals come around, and we'll probably be on a rookie QB, so that'll offset.  Unless we keep Jameis around...

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #6433 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 11:28:24 AM »
Having 16m of your 2021 cap tied up in your third string QB, a deal that is mostly guaranteed, just so you can do some zany gadget s**** a couple of times a game seems absolutely f***ing ludicrous. :lol:

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #6434 on: Friday 29 May 2020, 01:26:35 PM »
?s=21

Yes Melvin :lol: :lol:

f*** LA.