Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Mike

• General Member

Offline Shak

• General Member
Re: The NFL Thread - Ah God it's time for the draft
« Reply #126 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 02:34:14 am »
Really no idea why Metcalf fell that far.

Wilson should love him.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #127 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 02:40:22 am »

Excited that both your picks so far fell because teams thought they were dickheads? :lol:

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #128 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 02:48:02 am »
Think Miami has done well. They got a potential franchise QB (and another pick) for a 2nd rounder.

Rosen would arguably be the top QB in this draft. He’d certainly be rated higher than Jones or Haskins.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #129 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 04:28:03 am »

Excited that both your picks so far fell because teams thought they were dickheads? :lol:

:lol: I don't know about any of that, tbf.

Offline KDT

• General Member
« Reply #130 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 08:36:09 am »

Wilson should love him.

Only ran 3 routes in college and seems like the typical combine warrior, he couldn’t really have gone to a better QB though so the slide might’ve helped him.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #131 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 10:13:30 am »
Trading up to get a new C, doesn't get more glamorous than that

:yao:

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #132 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 04:21:37 pm »

Wilson should love him.

Only ran 3 routes in college and seems like the typical combine warrior, he couldn’t really have gone to a better QB though so the slide might’ve helped him.

Yeah, usually at least one team will lose their s*** at the potential of a guy with that size and speed though. He’s not just a burner either, makes some good contested catches too.

Should be a good fit there, anyway.

Talk that Doug Baldwin might retire so he may be called upon sooner rather than later.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #133 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 04:23:08 pm »

Word is that it was between him and Risner for our pick... there’s one dude on the Broncos forum who is FURIOUS that we didn’t take McCoy. :lol:

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #134 on: Saturday 27 April 2019, 08:31:16 pm »
Metcalf went into his interview shirtless under the advice of a scout so Carroll took his shirt off too. Thoroughly weird but funny

Hopefully not just a gym rat. Baldwin has been incredible and reliable for us an outlet on third down, and it doesn't sound like Metcalf will be able to replace him if Baldwin retires but should help a bit.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #135 on: Sunday 28 April 2019, 02:03:21 am »
No idea why Greedy Williams fell so far, was talked about as a top ten pick during the season.

Gonna be fascinating watching how the Browns end up still being s****... they can’t be good, can they? I won’t have it. :lol:

Yeah, Greedy was a bit of a result - hopefully somebody can teach him how to tackle.

The bit I liked was when we drafted some rando in the fourth and a few guys got really p*ssed we’d passed on Mack Wilson. Then he was still there 36 picks later so we just took him in the fifth.

I’m pretty happy - with the proviso that i’m just going to presume that Dorsey knows what he’s doing with our offensive line and everything’s fine.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #136 on: Sunday 28 April 2019, 11:01:48 am »

Word is that it was between him and Risner for our pick... there’s one dude on the Broncos forum who is FURIOUS that we didn’t take McCoy. :lol:

Haha what's his deal? Why is he so furious? Hopefully he'll come in and replace Unger, but it's big shoes to fill.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:58:49 pm »
Imagine being a Knicks and Jets fan today. Oof! Why fire your GM now??

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 11:16:09 pm »
 Because they're the f***ing jets. :lol:

Keep the Knicks out your mouth.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 11:33:47 pm »
In all seriousness though, what are they doing? I thought received wisdom was that they were building a decent team?
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #140 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 12:34:56 am »
Apparently Gase thought the GM spent too much money signing the FAs that he did. In which case, why the f*** does Gase care about how much money they spent. It’s not your job, dickhead.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #141 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 01:04:47 am »

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #142 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 01:20:40 am »
f***ing hate the Jets :lol:

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #143 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:21:10 pm »
If Metcalf doesnt pop a drugs test then there is basically zero point in the NFl even having them
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #144 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:32:14 pm »
If Metcalf doesnt pop a drugs test then there is basically zero point in the NFl even having them

Says the guy with f***ing McCaffrey :lol:

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #145 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 06:35:49 pm »

Says the guy with f***ing McCaffrey :lol:

Seems legit  :yao:

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #146 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 08:30:05 am »
Apparently Gase thought the GM spent too much money signing the FAs that he did. In which case, why the f*** does Gase care about how much money they spent. It’s not your job, dickhead.

It is his concern if he get's saddled with junk and they end up in cap hell.

But this is Adam f***ing Gase we're talking about, i'm not going to put him in the Parcell's category of people you trust to both coach and assemble the team.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 12:43:24 pm »
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-pffs-top-25-nfl-players-under-25-for-2019

Forgot how young Smith-Schuster is. I cannot believe that Myles Garrett is only 23. Not unhappy we have four players on the list, but that's partly a function of picking so high in drafts.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #148 on: Yesterday at 01:08:21 pm »
Had no idea Ngakoue was that young. Even with Bortles, I'm still a bit confused as to how the Jaguars were as s*** as they were last year.

The videos of Rodgers/Bakhtiari/Stafford downing pints are laughs :laugh: