Poll

Mushrooms are class

Yes
42 (80.8%)
I'm a nonce.
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 415068 times)

Shearergol and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mike

• General Member
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #14200 on: Today at 01:45:38 PM »
Too late, chicken and rice is on, kefir has been necked.

Next January  [emoji38]
[emoji38] You won't believe it, man. It's insane.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #14201 on: Today at 01:45:48 PM »
Are we talking literally no food?
Yep.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #14202 on: Today at 01:51:29 PM »
Cant imagine the fettle i'd be in after 3 days of not eating like. Wouldnt be able to speak to anyone in the slightest.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #14203 on: Today at 02:19:13 PM »
Insane as in f***ing mental.
Articles, articles, articles, rather you remain unremarkable.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #14204 on: Today at 02:20:59 PM »
Y'all need to get in touch with your evolutionary selves, man. There's power in there.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #14205 on: Today at 03:09:18 PM »
There’s a thin line between this and growling impulsively because you haven’t had a w*** in three weeks.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #14206 on: Today at 03:12:07 PM »
:lol::lol:

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #14207 on: Today at 03:12:39 PM »
There’s a thin line between this and growling impulsively because you haven’t had a w*** in three weeks.

:lol:
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #14208 on: Today at 03:39:44 PM »
I tried it for a couple days during lockdown. was quite difficult but doable particularly at a time when I wasn’t using much energy. Couldn’t do it on a work day. Did feel a little better though. Apparently it might be useless if you do shift work so that’s important to take in to account.

Wim Hof method is pretty good. I found too.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #14209 on: Today at 03:43:06 PM »
I tried it for a couple days during lockdown. was quite difficult but doable particularly at a time when I wasn’t using much energy. Couldn’t do it on a work day. Did feel a little better though. Apparently it might be useless if you do shift work so that’s important to take in to account.

Wim Hof method is pretty good. I found too.

Interesting, what is it? I only know him for his breathing exercises, haven't heard him discuss food.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #14210 on: Today at 03:56:27 PM »
I was talking about the breathing exercises. Just keeping with the theme of things that make you feel better. I recommend doing it if you feel groggy or have immune system problems.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #14211 on: Today at 04:14:10 PM »
Aye, he made an instructional video with Russell Brand during the 1st lockdown. Will have to follow along sometime, certainly intrigued by it and Wim Hoff seems to know his stuff.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #14212 on: Today at 04:24:48 PM »
Maybe just eat healthily and not starve yourself?  I don't think there's any science behind it, sounds more like the beginning of an eating disorder to me.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #14213 on: Today at 04:30:27 PM »
There’s a fair bit isn’t there?

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #14214 on: Today at 04:40:32 PM »
Ive never heard of any.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #14215 on: Today at 04:49:30 PM »
Maybe just eat healthily and not starve yourself?  I don't think there's any science behind it, sounds more like the beginning of an eating disorder to me.

That's quite a statement. Not sure it should be thrown around loosely. Fasting has been a part of human custom since pre-history. Mostly for religious or spiritual reasons, but more recently, there's plenty of research being done which confirm the health benefits. If fasting for a few days was dangerous, we would know about that now. It's often dismissed by people who equally don't have counter evidence to say it's bad. And tbh having done IF as well as 24-72 hour fasts before, I can certainly feel the benefits. Again not for everyone, but to jump straight from 0-100 and deem it the beginnings of an eating disorder is quite irresponsible.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #14216 on: Today at 04:52:07 PM »
I think telling people to give up food completely if they feel tired is probably more irresponsible, but horses for courses.

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #14217 on: Today at 04:56:58 PM »

That's quite a statement. Not sure it should be thrown around loosely. Fasting has been a part of human custom since pre-history. Mostly for religious or spiritual reasons, but more recently, there's plenty of research being done which confirm the health benefits. If fasting for a few days was dangerous, we would know about that now. It's often dismissed by people who equally don't have counter evidence to say it's bad. And tbh having done IF as well as 24-72 hour fasts before, I can certainly feel the benefits. Again not for everyone, but to jump straight from 0-100 and deem it the beginnings of an eating disorder is quite irresponsible.

I dont think Troll was being wholly serous and blanket concluding that anyone who engages in it is more or less suffering from an eating disorder tbf to him. But, I do think it is something some people would need to be very, very careful doing. An eating disorder is about a person's relationship with food and how it makes them feel about themselves and having that element of control. It would be a very justifiable concern for having the potential to develop in some people.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #14218 on: Today at 04:57:51 PM »
I think telling people to give up food completely if they feel tired is probably more irresponsible, but horses for courses.

That's somewhat a straw man argument of my OP though. I didn't say give up food completely just because you feel tired.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #14219 on: Today at 04:59:38 PM »

I dont think Troll was being wholly serous and blanket concluding that anyone who engages in it is more or less suffering from an eating disorder tbf to him. But, I do think it is something some people would need to be very, very careful doing. An eating disorder is about a person's relationship with food and how it makes them feel about themselves and having that element of control. It would be a very justifiable concern for having the potential to develop in some people.

Indeed you should be careful, particularly with underlying health conditions or previous of weight-related illnesses. But he implied my OP sounded like the beginning of an eating disorder which isn't a great comment imo.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #14220 on: Today at 07:08:12 PM »
Grilled cheese for lunch and dried porcini omelette for dinner.

IMG-20210119-104448" border="0
IMG-20210119-190340" border="0

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • someone's in the kitchen with dinah
« Reply #14221 on: Today at 07:29:43 PM »
fasting is cool and good and i've been doing 18/6 (18 hours of eating, 6 hours of fasting) for about 40 years with solid, thicc results.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #14222 on: Today at 08:00:38 PM »
Grilled cheese for lunch and dried porcini omelette for dinner.

IMG-20210119-104448" border="0
IMG-20210119-190340" border="0

you've intentionally made that pan too hot to rile us haven't you

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #14223 on: Today at 08:25:52 PM »
I done 15 days of Ramadan with the wife once a few years back, was a killer at first, but towards the end (of those 15 days) I don’t think I’ve ever felt better, that was during a period of my life where I wasn’t drinking and had stopped smoking which went on to last 8 years. Now back on twenty a day... fasting is good, but you have to manage it.I wouldn’t recommend going without any food at all r even just 24 hours.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #14224 on: Today at 08:27:04 PM »
Do you just like the taste of carbon?