Author Topic: Liverpool (H)  (Read 427 times)

Offline Marko NUFC

• General Member
  • Newcastle United - Croatia
Liverpool (H)
« on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 04:04:31 pm »
Hi there,

I have some questions regarding this match against Liverpool at home on the 4th of May.

• Why still there is no ticket sales information on the website?
  • I have 2 friends from Croatia wanting to see the match with me, could anyone help me get the tickets for me?

Offline SteV

• General Member
Re: Liverpool (H)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 04:47:27 pm »
Given the situation with Liverpool being in a with a shout of the league (potentially even winning it this game, unlikely but possible) the club are probably being cautious with ticket sales in order to try and limit the amount of Liverpool fans getting tickets in the home end.

You’ll probably find that it doesn’t go to general sale or if it does you’ll have to have a previous buying history with the club to get one. Still, there’s only a month to go so they’ll have to make there minds up and get them on sale within the next week or so I would have thought.

Also I suspect there’ll probably be a limit on the amount of additional tickets season ticket holders can buy. Probably two. So if you need three you may need the help of more than one person.

Offline Marko NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 10:37:31 pm »
Thank you for your reply. I do however have purchase history and membership, just hopefully there will be no other restrictions.

But yeah you are right, I will need some people's help for my friends tickets.

Offline deejeck

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 4 April 2019, 09:26:58 am »
There's a possibility it will be moved for TV as well, which will be another reason why tickets aren't on sale yet.

But yes, I'd be surprised if there aren't measures in place to prevent Liverpool fans purchasing tickets in home areas.

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 4 April 2019, 09:51:05 am »
There's a possibility it will be moved for TV as well, which will be another reason why tickets aren't on sale yet.

But yes, I'd be surprised if there aren't measures in place to prevent Liverpool fans purchasing tickets in home areas.

Yes, the TV move (which seems a certainty) is also an issue. Supposedly that gets announced tomorrow, so you'd think they might get the tickets on sale next week.

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 03:34:33 pm »
Was i seeing things? Liverpool game amongst other live Sky fixtures were rolling across the SSN screen about half an hour ago but then disappeared. Moved to Sunday 4.30pm according to that.

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 03:55:46 pm »
Was i seeing things? Liverpool game amongst other live Sky fixtures were rolling across the SSN screen about half an hour ago but then disappeared. Moved to Sunday 4.30pm according to that.

Getting announced at 4pm - so you're probably right and some intern at Sky is likely getting a bollocking for being over-keen   :lol:

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 04:06:09 pm »
Although dependent on what happens with Liverpool in the CL. So basically absolutely no further forward to knowing the actual date. Shambles.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 10:36:33 am »
Are they gonna sell the tickets even before knowing?  Got some mates visiting that weekend and trying to get them to the game.  If they get through, what's the likely move?  Back to the Saturday or Friday to give them recovery time?  Or rearranged altogether?

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 11:44:43 am »
Are they gonna sell the tickets even before knowing?  Got some mates visiting that weekend and trying to get them to the game.  If they get through, what's the likely move?  Back to the Saturday or Friday to give them recovery time?  Or rearranged altogether?

I think it’s certain to be at some point over that weekend. Exactly where between Friday and Sunday is anybody’s guess. Not sure about the ticket situation though? If they wait until the CL semi dates are confirmed that only gives them two weeks?

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 7 April 2019, 10:01:15 am »
Thanks. Why not just televise it on Saturday or Friday in the first place? Just cos they want to make it "Super Sunday'?

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 7 April 2019, 12:48:28 pm »
Thanks. Why not just televise it on Saturday or Friday in the first place? Just cos they want to make it "Super Sunday'?

Probably. Sunday’s the best day for viewing figures and Man Utd and Liverpool are the best teams for figures, so no surprise they’ve picked both their games for a ‘Super Sunday’.

Offline mickeanders

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 9 April 2019, 05:17:17 pm »
I had planned to travel to Newcastle(from Sweden) for this game.

I normally travel once a season for a game and then buy a membership at the same time so I can buy tickets.
But now it turns out you can´t buy membership this late in the season. Do they normally do that? I think i bought it in January last year.

And since no membership, no tickets as it wont go to general sale.

I have emailed the box office, but they wont help me.

Offline Marko NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 01:02:57 pm »
I had planned to travel to Newcastle(from Sweden) for this game.

I normally travel once a season for a game and then buy a membership at the same time so I can buy tickets.
But now it turns out you can´t buy membership this late in the season. Do they normally do that? I think i bought it in January last year.

And since no membership, no tickets as it wont go to general sale.

I have emailed the box office, but they wont help me.

Oh no, then Im in the same position as you as I would also travel to this game from abroad (Croatia). I had purchased the membership two years ago I think in February and was able to buy tickets.

Now when I go the membership page is blank - no option to renew or buy again.

Any ideas what to do?
« Last Edit: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 03:20:37 pm by Marko NUFC »

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 April 2019, 10:24:37 am »
From .com

Liverpool (h) update

There's no word yet when NUFC will begin selling tickets for the Premier League home game against Liverpool next month - but the Reds began selling their away allocation on Wednesday morning.

Those away tickets are being sold on the basis that the game will take place as rescheduled, on Sunday May 5th with a 4.30pm KO (live on Sky). 

However as confirmed by the PL in recent days, that is subject to further alteration depending on Liverpool's Champions League participation on the following Tuesday, May 7th.

That's the day that Jurgen Klopp's side would be in Semi-Final action and that looks increasingly likely following their 2-0 Quarter Final first leg victory against Porto at Anfield on Tuesday.

The away leg is next Wednesday, April 17th, after which we'll have a clearer idea when the NUFC v Liverpool game will actually be played.

PS: Whenever the Liverpool game is played, fans travelling by Metro will be affected, with no service between Monument and Hebburn/Brockley Whins all day on Sat 4th/Sun 5th & Mon 6th May. 

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 09:47:38 am »
Looks like they're gonna wait until Liverpool's match on Wednesday to put these on sale, doesn't it.

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 10:45:51 am »
Looks like they're gonna wait until Liverpool's match on Wednesday to put these on sale, doesn't it.

Aye, and hopefully Sky are going to announce immediately if and when it's being shifted to.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 04:07:53 pm »

Aye, and hopefully Sky are going to announce immediately if and when it's being shifted to.

When they announced the May games the Man City game against Leicester (12:30 on Saturday) was also subject to move, what's the craic with that? As our game could replace the Man City one in that slot. Or they could have ours at 19:45 or 20:00 on the Saturday.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 04:43:07 pm »

When they announced the May games the Man City game against Leicester (12:30 on Saturday) was also subject to move, what's the craic with that? As our game could replace the Man City one in that slot. Or they could have ours at 19:45 or 20:00 on the Saturday.

All of that's possible. Although if Spurs qualify instead of Man City, they'll have to shift their game (Mon 20:00) so that might be more likely to swap with the Sat 12:30? Basically, everything's still in play as far as I can tell. In fact I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere (other than on .com) that if Liverpool qualify their semi is definitely on the Tues rather than the Wed night? If it were Wed they could still potentially play Sunday, although they'd whinge about it obviously.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 02:45:53 am »

All of that's possible. Although if Spurs qualify instead of Man City, they'll have to shift their game (Mon 20:00) so that might be more likely to swap with the Sat 12:30? Basically, everything's still in play as far as I can tell. In fact I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere (other than on .com) that if Liverpool qualify their semi is definitely on the Tues rather than the Wed night? If it were Wed they could still potentially play Sunday, although they'd whinge about it obviously.

I think Man City will get past Spurs so it'll probably go like this.

Man City v Leicester stays as it is on the 12:30 Saturday time.
Our game is moved to either Saturday 19:45 or Friday night, probably the former. What an atmosphere that could make it.
Bournemouth v Spurs stays on Monday night.

Bit of a shambles how it's been organised, no idea why the couldn't organise Man City's, Spurs' and Liverpool's games with the CL in mind, ie don't have any of them on the Sunday or Monday.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.