Author Topic: The other games today 2019/20  (Read 329333 times)

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
Re: The other games today 2019/20
« Reply #15925 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:54:54 PM »
Think Liverpool will be happy enough to not concede a second tonight. Should be an interesting second leg
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #15926 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:55:26 PM »
Atleti showing the world how its done. Could have scored 1 or 2 more too!
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #15927 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:55:50 PM »
Think Liverpool will be happy enough to not concede a second tonight. Should be an interesting second leg

Anfield will be rocking, Klopp would have the players well up for it too.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #15928 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:56:06 PM »
Old school Atleti that, glorious.

Cue the English media complaints because they didn’t let their beloved have a shot on target.

Need a strong ref in the 2nd leg.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #15929 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:56:18 PM »
Not sure much longer Atletico can hold on without conceding. Surely they’re going to need another 1 at least, without conceding an away goal, going back to Anfield?

They’re slowing it down well enough so far IMO. Surely going to tire though given the front two aren’t the best at holding it up or providing an outlet.

Quite enjoy seeing an organised team defending well and nullifying a very good attacking team. Some think it’s shithouse defending but it’s just good defending, disciplined, organised and functional. Love it.

It's not just that they are defending well though, they are absolutely brilliant in possession when they do get it. It makes us look 3rd division in comparison.

they aren't absolutely brilliant in possession but they are doing a good job of it.

How many times did you see them hoofing it long in desperation? They protected the ball and won free kicks when they got it. For a fairly limited team in attacking options that is quite an art in itself.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #15930 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:57:01 PM »
Liverpool and PSG will win through but at least it’s mildly interesting for a bit.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #15931 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:57:54 PM »
Not sure much longer Atletico can hold on without conceding. Surely they’re going to need another 1 at least, without conceding an away goal, going back to Anfield?

They’re slowing it down well enough so far IMO. Surely going to tire though given the front two aren’t the best at holding it up or providing an outlet.

Quite enjoy seeing an organised team defending well and nullifying a very good attacking team. Some think it’s shithouse defending but it’s just good defending, disciplined, organised and functional. Love it.

It's not just that they are defending well though, they are absolutely brilliant in possession when they do get it. It makes us look 3rd division in comparison.

they aren't absolutely brilliant in possession but they are doing a good job of it.

How many times did you see them hoofing it long in desperation? They protected the ball and won free kicks when they got it. For a fairly limited team in attacking options that is quite an art in itself.

i'm not nit picking them but they were cheaply giving it away a ton in the first half and many in the second half but i mean you're obviously right my man, they were awesome today - all of them. loved it.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #15932 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10:00:28 PM »
Love that Haaland's made the step up and maintained his ridiculous scoring record without missing a beat, kid's special.

Online Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #15933 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10:01:53 PM »
Love that Haaland's made the step up and maintained his ridiculous scoring record without missing a beat, kid's special.

He really is, I had doubts that he was just a RVN lite having a purple patch but he has everything a striker needs.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #15934 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10:05:08 PM »
Some dodgy reffing there tbh but Atleti were immense in defending, can't recall one meaningful attempt on goal by Liverpool. Second leg is going to be very interesting.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #15935 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10:16:26 PM »

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #15936 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10:17:12 PM »
:lol:

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #15937 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10:29:16 PM »
Dortmund’s forwards were born in Leeds, Sunderland and Camberwell!

Online Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #15938 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10:58:01 PM »
"What goes through your mind before a shot like that?"

"To be honest, I just get the ball and think "shoot!"

I love Haaland
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #15939 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10:59:32 PM »
Haaland seems like a cross between Shearer, Owen & Rooney at their peaks.
?s=21

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #15940 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 11:05:18 PM »
There was a bit in the first half where Haaland clears a corner at near post, then Sancho breaks at pace. 5 seconds later Haaland is pegging it past him, lad is rapid. That second goal as well, utterly ridiculous.

EDIT

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #15941 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 11:07:38 PM »
Just saw the second goal, ludicrous. Sound off the net is class as well
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #15942 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 11:11:44 PM »
There was a bit in the first half where Haaland clears a corner at near post, then Sancho breaks at pace. 5 seconds later Haaland is pegging it past him, lad is rapid. That second goal as well, utterly ridiculous.

EDIT

Man! The guy was motoring. Those long strides were eating up the grass.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #15943 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 11:14:23 PM »
Man I hope Norway manages to qualify for the Euros. First time in 20 years I'm looking forward to seeing the national team play with players like Ajer, Berge, Ødegård, Haaland, King as the spine in the team and first time since Rafas last match I'm actually looking forward to watching a match of football.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #15944 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 04:45:54 AM »
the compact, disciplined defending is f***ing brilliant to watch man. Rafa taught me that it's class when it's done right.

This - an absolute art - loved it when even OUR players could pull it off under Rafa

Online David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is.
« Reply #15945 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 08:23:09 AM »
It was amazing to watch Atletico play a 4-4-2 formation that way.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #15946 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 08:24:42 AM »
Dortmund’s front three that finished were born in London, Leeds and Sunderland!

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #15947 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 10:55:14 AM »
Shame we couldn't have a claim to Haaland. :lol:

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #15948 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 11:12:05 AM »
Haaland is class.

Could he do it on a cold and wet Tuesday night as St Jame' Park in a fourth round FA Cup replay, questionable. 

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #15949 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 11:18:54 AM »
Dortmund’s front three that finished were born in London, Leeds and Sunderland!

All fathered by Giggs too!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had