Author Topic: Replacing a Soundbar  (Read 36 times)

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
Replacing a Soundbar
« on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 12:11:19 pm »
I have a 55" Samsung TV mounted above the fireplace. Below it is a beam. There is about 2" clearance between TV and beam. I had a Samsung soundbar and wireless subwoofer which worked brilliantly when on a TV stand. My problem is that this particular soundbar has no facility on its back, to enable wall mounting and the missus doesn't want anything screwed to the beam anyway. I am going to have to sell the bar and subwoofer.  :tickedoff:

Can anyone recommend some kind of system that will accommodate my set up? I was thinking of a tower like contraption, but it needs to be Bluetooth to communicate with the Tthat'sassume thats correct, unless you can suggest an alternative means?
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
Re: Replacing a Soundbar
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 12:57:10 pm »
You can get extendy things that attach soundbars to the tv mount, allowing the soundbar to go below or above the tv. You could just get a mountable sound bar and put it above, assuming it doesn't fit below.