Author Topic: Macbook Safari Update Issues  (Read 240 times)

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
Macbook Safari Update Issues
« on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:11:19 PM »
So using my lasses Mac while my PC is out of action, when you go on YouTube it warns the version of Mac is deprecated and is unable to play videos on twitter etc. When the videos are clicked, it just goes to a white screen.

I've looked on how to update the Mac version which is Apple Icon > System Preferences > Safari (and then go from there).

However when I go into System preferences, all the options are greyed out and it asks to sign in to Apple. I do that with her password, then it requests to verify where I'm signing from which I do by approving the sign-in from her phone.

It then provides a 6-digit passcode which I can apparently use to sign in properly. The Mac never actually presents a screen for me to enter the f***ing code though so I'm stuck in limbo. Any advice?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
Re: Macbook Safari Update Issues
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:51:54 PM »
Could you post the version of Mac OS you're on? (APPLE Icon -> About this Mac)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:52:31 PM »
(this may be your answer)

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 02:08:51 PM »
Install chrome.  Safari is a terrible browser that doesn't keep it to date with web standards.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 01:39:37 AM »
I think Chrome has dropped support for several "older" versions of Mac OS too...

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 06:58:47 AM »
I think Chrome has dropped support for several "older" versions of Mac OS too...

Yes, apparently Firefox is the only option then.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 09:16:17 AM »
Cheers guys, tried working with the fix but the two devices just weren't properly syncing so went with Chrome which is working fine. Any issues I'll shift it to Firefox. Cheers.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 09:19:06 AM »
Cheers guys, tried working with the fix but the two devices just weren't properly syncing so went with Chrome which is working fine. Any issues I'll shift it to Firefox. Cheers.

:thup: