Hypothetical football questions

Stifler

1: You are given a 1-0 this season, which game do you chose to win? (Has to be a league game): Man Utd away

2: You are given 1 club to be relegated from the Premier League, who do you chose?: Burnley

3: You are given one club to win the Champions League, who do you chose? (Club has to be in the Champions League or Champions League regular): Atletico

4: Would you rather win the Europa Leauge or the FA Cup?: Europa

5: One club to be promoted from the Championship?: Leeds

6: Who would you prefer to win the SPL, Celtic or Rangers?: Celtic (I don't like them at all but don't think an Irish man could say Rangers :lol:)

7: You are asked for 1 manager to be sacked?: Dyche

8: A club other than the club you support to win their respective league?: Napoli

1: You are given a 1-0 this season, which game do you chose to win? (Has to be a league game): Tough one, between Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs away from home as our record v Man City and Liverpool away from home is tragic, and I fucking hate Man Utd (ah divvint mind ye Froggy). Probably Liverpool away.

2: You are given 1 club to be relegated from the Premier League, who do you chose?: Wolves

3: You are given one club to win the Champions League, who do you chose? (Club has to be in the Champions League or Champions League regular): Juventus

4: Would you rather win the Europa Leauge or the FA Cup?: Europa League. Major trophy coupled with a place in the CL? Howeh.

5: One club to be promoted from the Championship?: Leeds United

6: Who would you prefer to win the SPL, Celtic or Rangers?: Don't care.

7: You are asked for 1 manager to be sacked?: Guardiola

8: A club other than the club you support to win their respective league?: Dortmund

1: You are given a 1-0 this season, which game do you chose to win? (Has to be a league game): Arsenal away

2: You are given 1 club to be relegated from the Premier League, who do you chose?: City

3: You are given one club to win the Champions League, who do you chose? (Club has to be in the Champions League): Man United

4: Would you rather win the Europa League or the FA Cup?: FA Cup

5: One club to be promoted from the Championship?: Bristol City

6: Who would you prefer to win the SPL, Celtic or Rangers?: Celtic

7: You are asked for 1 manager to be sacked?: Klopp (I fear that he'll be successful)

8: A club other than the club you support to win their respective league?: Dortmund or Sassuolo

1: You are given a 1-0 this season, which game do you chose to win? (Has to be a league game): Chelsea

2: You are given 1 club to be relegated from the Premier League, who do you chose?: Liverpool

3: You are given one club to win the Champions League, who do you chose? (Club has to be in the Champions League or Champions League regular): Tottenham

4: Would you rather win the Europa Leauge or the FA Cup?: FA Cup

5: One club to be promoted from the Championship?: Ipswich Town

6: Who would you prefer to win the SPL, Celtic or Rangers?: Neither

7: You are asked for 1 manager to be sacked?: Klopp

8: A club other than the club you support to win their respective league?: Virtus Andria

1: You are given a 1-0 this season, which game do you chose to win? (Has to be a league game):

Liverpool Away

2: You are given 1 club to be relegated from the Premier League, who do you chose?:

Man United

3: You are given one club to win the Champions League, who do you chose? (Club has to be in the Champions League or Champions League regular):

Ajax

4: Would you rather win the Europa Leauge or the FA Cup?:

Europa

5: One club to be promoted from the Championship?:

Nottingham Forest

6: Who would you prefer to win the SPL, Celtic or Rangers?:

Rangers

7: You are asked for 1 manager to be sacked?:

Allegri

8: A club other than the club you support to win their respective league?:

Dortmund

Newcastle win the FA Cup or England win the world cup?

FA Cup cause if it was win the league that'd be obvious I'd imagine. With FA Cup it's still an obvious one for me but I suspect some people would prefer England WC?

FA Cup cause if it was win the league that'd be obvious I'd imagine. With FA Cup it's still an obvious one for me but I suspect some people would prefer England WC?

FA Cup without a doubt. I’d even prefer to win the League Cup than England win the World Cup.

My order of preference:

Nigeria win World Cup

Newcastle win Champions League

Newcastle win Premier League

Newcastle win FA Cup

Newcastle win Europa League

Nigeria win African Cup of Nations and/or Olympics (Less interest in these, as they have happened three times in my lifetime, twice that I can remember)

Newcastle win League Cup (This competition doesn't seem to interest anyone until the semi-finals at the earliest)

1: You are given a 1-0 this season, which game do you chose to win? (Has to be a league game): Looking at the remaining fixtures, probably Brighton Away. Frankly, beating both Southampton and Brighton would be safety.

2: You are given 1 club to be relegated from the Premier League, who do you chose?: In a perfect world, Manchester United. In the real world, Burnley.

3: You are given one club to win the Champions League, who do you chose? (Club has to be in the Champions League or Champions League regular): I also support Olympique de Marseille, who are fairly regular in the CL, so them. For this season, any club other than Manchester United.

4: Would you rather win the Europa Leauge or the FA Cup?: FA Cup

5: One club to be promoted from the Championship?: Boro because of Mikel and something of a derby that is not Sunderland.

6: Who would you prefer to win the SPL, Celtic or Rangers?: This is irrelevant.

7: You are asked for 1 manager to be sacked?: Unai Emery, I dislike him.

8: A club other than the club you support to win their respective league?: For this season, Dortmund and/or Philadelphia Union.

A few people seem to answering the first question by only taking into account remaining fixtures. You are allowed to use any of this season’s fixtures, or if you would prefer any of next seasons fixtures, with the current top 3 in the championship taking the place of the current bottom 3 in the Premier League (or similar in other leagues if Newcastle is not your club).

Preference of tournament winning:

Champions League

League

UEFA Cup

FA Cup

League Cup

World Cup

I think you've got to separate the Premier League from anything else. Winning the league means a sustained period of fantastic football; the best Newcastle team in any of our lifetimes. Decent players from average-to-decent Newcastle sides have cult status; imagine what eleven top class players - who won us the league - would mean to us. Winning the league is on another level to anything else so it would have to be that.

I suppose the Champions League would probably come second but it's such an unloveable competition imo. But I suppose - in winning it - would reflect the above situation. It would mean we're the best in Europe. I bet that'd probably be canny.

I love the UEFA Cup/Europa League. It's a competition I've got some of my fondest/most painful memories from and I just think it's a great tournament packed-full of brilliant, famous, historic teams who represent a breath of fresh air from the usual suspects of the elite. I'd love us to get back into that competition. To win anything in Europe would be ecstasy.

Then FA Cup. Then League Cup. Then World Cup. Russia 2018 was absolutely brilliant but any England victory would still pale in sigifnicance to any major Newcastle win.