Author Topic: Antonio Barreca  (Read 19473 times)

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
Re: Antonio Barreca
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday 27 February 2019, 08:45:28 PM »
Pretty sure there was an article in the Chronicle post-Spain that basically said he was brought in for cover and likely won't play.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday 27 February 2019, 08:47:12 PM »
An out of form and completely out of position Matt Ritchie has his place. If he can't dislodge him in the next few games he probably needs to retire.

Same goes for Kennedy.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday 27 February 2019, 08:55:02 PM »
Pretty sure there was an article in the Chronicle post-Spain that basically said he was brought in for cover and likely won't play.

He's an idiot for joining us if that's the case.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday 27 February 2019, 08:55:32 PM »
Been really impressed with this lad so far.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday 27 February 2019, 09:01:09 PM »
An out of form and completely out of position Matt Ritchie has his place. If he can't dislodge him in the next few games he probably needs to retire.

Same goes for Kennedy.

Kenedy will be back, once we’re safe.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday 27 February 2019, 09:07:26 PM »

Same goes for Kennedy.

:lol: I'd say that's a bit strong. He's a bit deeper but his role demands a balance of attacking and defensive duties which isn't too dissimilar to an orthodox winger.

Offline Disco

« Reply #256 on: Wednesday 27 February 2019, 09:31:26 PM »
Bless the angry lads, feeding off utter scraps.

Boring foot...Home rec...NEW LEFT BACK NEVER PLAYS AND I HATE ALL HIS TRANSFERS AS ALL THE ONES THAT ARENT GOOD ARE s****.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #257 on: Thursday 28 February 2019, 09:07:12 AM »
Once we weren’t getting Lukaku it was simply a case of gettting a body in the door in case owt happened to Ritchie and Dummett. He’s probably 4th choice in that position behind Kenedy too.
?s=21

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #258 on: Thursday 28 February 2019, 09:25:19 AM »

He's an idiot for joining us if that's the case.

Wasn't he not getting a game for Monaco(?)? Maybe he was unhappy for other reasons.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #259 on: Thursday 28 February 2019, 09:49:21 AM »
Not enough classy blart in Monaco...heard about our elegant NE Amazons

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #260 on: Thursday 28 February 2019, 05:24:10 PM »
Not enough classy blart in Monaco...heard about our elegant NE Amazons

:lol: No, I mean if the manager was refusing to pick him for personal reason's, he wouldn't be happy in general. Might just want a less volatile environment. Pure speculation, like.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 06:16:02 PM »
Defensively suspect apparently, also some  sources stating he was never wanted by Benítez, very odd

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 07:28:03 PM »
Weird how we always pick up one of these weird loans

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 07:45:57 PM »
Weird how we always pick up one of these weird loans

It's what happens when you're tight and leave things until the last minute, just the left overs to pick from for peanuts

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 07:56:35 PM »
Forgot we had even signed him.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 08:31:17 PM »
Rafa didn't want him, think it was done over his head.
"The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 10:06:05 PM »
??? Where's this coming from? Seems unlikely he would played him at the first opportunity if he had nowt to do with the signing. Seems to me we missed out on Lukaku so picked someone else further down the list.

Offline Disco

« Reply #267 on: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 10:12:20 PM »
Back up left back signed in a panic ends up as back up. Grumble.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #268 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 03:56:47 AM »
Knowing how professional Rafa is, I kind of think that even if he was signed over his head he'd still play him if it would lead to an improvement on the pitch. Indicates he's probably just not that good.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #269 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 06:30:58 AM »
Knowing how professional Rafa is, I kind of think that even if he was signed over his head he'd still play him if it would lead to an improvement on the pitch. Indicates he's probably just not that good.

Lazaar didnt start a single league game for us but as soon as Sheffield Wednesday fans see him play they love him. Mbabu was binned off for Manquillo. I'm beggining to suspect for everything he does know, he cant do fullbacks at all.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #270 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 06:52:25 AM »
Just seems a bit of a strange one. Even if he was signed as a squad player, he doesn’t even manage to make the squad. January is normally used to strengthen the team and bring in much needed players you have been lacking through the season. Left backs sitting in the stands was not really a priority. Looks like Ritchie, Dummet, Kenedy and Manquillo are all ahead of him. Pretty pointless even being called a backup with that many ahead.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #271 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 02:51:27 PM »

Lazaar didnt start a single league game for us but as soon as Sheffield Wednesday fans see him play they love him. Mbabu was binned off for Manquillo. I'm beggining to suspect for everything he does know, he cant do fullbacks at all.

He signed a load of hopeless fullbacks at Liverpool. Josemi, Kromkamp, Dossena, Insua....

Offline Tiotes Witch Doctor

• General Member
« Reply #272 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 05:51:09 PM »
The only reason Longstaff got games is because we had nobody fit, it wasn't some master stroke that Rafa saw him and plucked him out of the development squad, he doesn't always get everything right all of the time.

The wingback position is pretty critical to the way he wants us to play though.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #273 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 06:46:46 PM »
Full back is absolutely his biggest weakness. Like anyone, he's not perfect.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #274 on: Friday 8 March 2019, 12:54:32 AM »

He signed a load of hopeless fullbacks at Liverpool. Josemi, Kromkamp, Dossena, Insua....

Gamez came and went with barely a start...
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19